Match Thread Aston Villa v. Sheffield United - 21st September 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

AVIL
AVIL
AVIL

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1600674210859.png v. 1600674219333.png
EPL Week 2 - Monday 21st September 2020 - Villa Park

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/aston-villa-vs-sheffield-united.510/

Officials:

Referee:
Graham Scott
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: Simon Hooper
Video Assistant Referee: Mike Dean
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Darren Cann

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 08.45.25.png

Some of us called Norwood losing his spot to Burge at some point, even before CW mentioned Burge playing there long term in an interview.

Norwood for me is the heartbeat of the side but it could just be a kick in the pants for him.

Think it is. His set piece delivery has been unbelievably poor and that's a huge part of his job, and generally he's looked a bit behind. This will remove any complacency that'd crept in.

Key toneet could be this Burke lad

A chance for him to prove all the doubters wrong

Don't fk it up lad

Surprised neither Lowe or Bogle are on the bench :oops:

COYRAWW

I see the points about Lowe not being on the bench. I'm just a bit disappointed with Stevens starting. I guess dropping Norwood will hopefully send a message to him about complacency and inconsistency. Putting Lundstram in alongside Fleck at least offers us a potential threat on goal from midfield.

Norwood Poor.

McB rusty

You don’t even know you are doing it. Do you ?

UTB

Doing what Dronnie? It's just my opinion and I've been the biggest supporter of McBurnie on here since he arrived. Unless I'm missing something?

Doing what Dronnie? It's just my opinion and I've been the biggest supporter of McBurnie on here since he arrived. Unless I'm missing something?
Double entendres ?

Double penetration 😉 ?

Double standards ?

Answers on a postcard 😀.

UTB

One thought looking at Villa’s team sheet, how tf does it look so uninspiring after 200m spaffed?!

Did you only watch the second half against Wolves? He was't as bad as some were making out, but he was ropey-mediocre at best.

Yes I watched all of it. Norwood's crossing, and, in particular, set pieces was poor, that's a major reason he's in the team and he just didn't look as good as he can be. If Berge and Lunny hadn't played so well then maybe Norwood would have retained his place for today. I've said before how well he did last season, almost a 7 out of 10 every week, but he's not started as well as Berge and Lunny, Fleck's done ok and Fleck is the main natural left footed player in there.

I would have had bogle instead of Robinson on the bench but it looks a good side, berge to control and boss it motm, Burke to score from a Didzy through pass. 2-1 blades.

You've only got 4 views there, that's no good everyone knows you need at least 6 plus the international space station and 1 on the grassy knoll for a goal to be given

Back and to the left!

Attachments

• jfk.jpg
    jfk.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 2
Double entendres ?

Double penetration 😉 ?

Double standards ?

Answers on a postcard 😀.

UTB

So I can't say McBurnie was rusty then Dronnie? As I said mate, I've supported McBurnie since he signed against most on here, just ask Deadbat on that. He's still my favourite player also, if I was to choose one. But feel that McGoldrick had to start, he's looked great, and fair play to Wilder going for Burke as he clearly impressed on his debut v Burnley. I didn't see that match I must stress. McBurnie had no pre-season, I wouldn't be surprised to see McBurnie come off the bench today and score, hope so, because as I said earlier this pre-season, I think he's going to be our main forward this season and should get 10 plus goals if he plays regularly, but no one is entitled to play as a certain starter.

Yes I watched all of it. Norwood's crossing, and, in particular, set pieces was poor, that's a major reason he's in the team and he just didn't look as good as he can be. If Berge and Lunny hadn't played so well then maybe Norwood would have retained his place for today. I've said before how well he did last season, almost a 7 out of 10 every week, but he's not started as well as Berge and Lunny, Fleck's done ok and Fleck is the main natural left footed player in there.

I'm hoping we see the intelligence and vision of Berge shining through as he threads cutting defence-splitting balls through to the feet of Fleck and Lundstram and/or Burke and McGoldrick as they make incisive runs into the heart of the Villa defence .....

The points about Enda, he has been sub par but he hasn’t had any real competition until now (just cover) maybe Wilder has said to him I’m giving you this match to show me an upped performance otherwise Lowe won’t be far off

So I can't say McBurnie was rusty then Dronnie? As I said mate, I've supported McBurnie since he signed against most on here, just ask Deadbat on that. He's still my favourite player also, if I was to choose one. But feel that McGoldrick had to start, he's looked great, and fair play to Wilder going for Burke as he clearly impressed on his debut v Burnley. I didn't see that match I must stress. McBurnie had no pre-season, I wouldn't be surprised to see McBurnie come off the bench today and score, hope so, because as I said earlier this pre-season, I think he's going to be our main forward this season and should get 10 plus goals if he plays regularly, but no one is entitled to play as a certain starter.
I’d have never guessed he was a fave of yours.

Genuinely shocked.

UTB

Unless Lowe is injured, limited spaces or not he HAS to make at least the bench. If you get an 8/9 performance you should be in the 18.

Who's our penalty taker if Sharp and Norwood are on the bench?

One of the reasons our strikers may also be suffering could arguably be the continued rotation of the players. When was the last time we stuck with a strike partnership for longer than 2 or 3 games? They can hardly get an understanding going if they're chopping and changing all the time then the rest of the team have to adapt their play to suit their strengths. Food for thought? Hmmm.

I’ve logged in to watch the match. I’m confused is this the woman’s match first then we kick off at 8pm.

Back
Top Bottom