Match Thread Aston Villa v. Sheffield United - 21st September 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

AVIL
AVIL
AVIL

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1600674210859.png v. 1600674219333.png
EPL Week 2 - Monday 21st September 2020 - Villa Park

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/aston-villa-vs-sheffield-united.510/

Officials:

Referee:
Graham Scott
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: Simon Hooper
Video Assistant Referee: Mike Dean
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Darren Cann

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 08.45.25.png

I'd take a score draw and be happy with that, so long as we played well and created chances.

But I fear the worst and I've had 3-1 Villa going through my head all day. I'm happy to be wrong.

I'm a little concerned that Stevens is starting tonight considering he was off par after lockdown, bobbins in pre season and for Ireland and started the season much the same. Lowe is breathing down his neck and another poor performance should be next stop benchville for Enda. He owes Wilder a big performance.

Last edited:

Did he put the wrong Ollie down on the team sheet?!! There can only be one!

At least we'll get to see how good or otherwise he is.

I'm surprised he's preferred Lunny to Norwood. I hope this isn't a me need money shot across the bows to the Prince!

Would have liked at least one of the new fullback on there - see if we could change things up from the bench if we go behind with more attacking ability.

must be signs that Burke has done well though, so that’s promising

Wow, fair play to Wilder making some bold changes. Norwood looked poor v Wolves, McBurnie looked rusty, whereas Lunny, Berge and McGoldrick looked good so far. Pleased but surprised Burke's in so quickly. Some much needed pace though, really hope he does well in particular.

Wow, fair play to Wilder making some bold changes. Norwood looked poor v Wolves, McBurnie looked rusty, whereas Lunny, Berge and McGoldrick looked good so far. Pleased but surprised Burke's in so quickly. Some much needed pace though, really hope he does well in particular.
Norwood Poor.

McB rusty

You don’t even know you are doing it. Do you ?

UTB

Some surprises here. Norwood drops to the bench. Berge starts in the middle. Lunny retained. Front two from Burnley start.

I'd have gone for Lowe over Stevens, Think he looked good last time out and would've liked to have seen him given a go. Not quite sure why Lunny starts again either.. rather have Norwood on the right or ampadu. Front two looks exciting though!

Be good to see how lunny—-berge—-fleck plays out

Way way more athleticism in that don’t right John lundstram off just yet

Did you only watch the second half against Wolves? He was't as bad as some were making out, but he was ropey-mediocre at best.

Lowe gets MOTM against Burnley and created the goal, then doesn't even make the bench. What's that about? Niggling injury perhaps? If not then it makes no sense to me.

On the plus side I'm happy to see McGoldrick and Burke starting up top. That's about as good as we can do right now with what we've got. We've always played our best football and a mixed bag of attacking styles when Didsy is in the team. Without him we just punt it long to McBurnie or put in endless predictable crosses.

Lets hope Stevens and Baldock are back at their best today after Bogle and Lowe’s performances mid-week. Some proper competition there for next week’s game

Serious counter attack threat now with Mcgoldrick threading Burke through

Still not a fan of Lundstram. I’d have much preferred Ampadu and Berge together...

Surprised neither Bogle nor Lowe on the bench.

Board apparently split on signing them and not even making the bench.

Would’ve liked to see Lowe at least on the bench. Could’ve given us a different approach if things weren’t working down the left.

Lowe gets MOTM against Burnley and created the goal, then doesn't even make the bench. What's that about? Niggling injury perhaps? If not then it makes no sense to me.

This really isn’t that difficult to see Wilder’s thinking on, he consistently likes to have on the bench two strikers plus players that cover more than one position. Stick either wingback on the bench for any of the defenders/midfielders on there and you immediately limit the options covered.

Back
Top Bottom