Are you watching Wilder?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Agree, however we will be two years further down the road.
He has lost what little pace he had, Displays no desire to track back, plays too many blind passes and we need to improve on someone who seems to think that directing traffic in midfield is a satisfactory contribution.
Going forward I agree.

It could be counterproductive to bring in the youth alongside senior players that are in poor form themselves.

Tonge worked well alongside McCall and Maguire with Collins. I don’t think we have that so Hecky goes with what he has. He picks Lundstum because there’s nobody else fit.
I think.norwood could really benefit from having some young energetic lrgd around him
Our midfield is our biggest weakness fleck and norwood aren't.fit enough and lundstram is taking the piss

I'm sure CW would have sat through and watched our last three games, Liecester, Chelsea and today and wonder if now he is outside looking in, like the rest of us have to do, he has finally taken off his rose tinted specs and can now see what we have all had to witness this season; what a complete and utter shambles he's left us with.
Apart from Rammers the whole starting eleven today was nothing short of an embarrassment. Even before a ball is kicked we are so andicapped with Lundstram, Stevens, Norwood, plus others, it's no wonder we are propping the whole of the division up. I wasn't surprised with that team selection today as Hecky did hint after the Chelsea game that he's restricted to who he can bring in. Really? Well I'm sorry, I was willing to give him a chance, but with no sign of any changes by introducing some young blood, eager to prove their worth, the sooner he gets back to the U23's the better. I like the guy, but I don't want him as the manager to take us forward. I just get the impression he doesn't want to go against Wilder by making sweeping changes. Or even the slightest of change for that matter.

Up to today I was convinced that the team would only need the odd tweak next season, but now I think otherwise. Let's hopefully keep hold of Rammers, JOC, Egan and start from there and build a new team in the hope that one or two of the U 23's are mature enough to make the step up. I just hope and pray that the Prince shares our frustrations, can identity what is needed and gets the management selection spot on. Hopefully soon.

What I am saying is nothing new and most of us have voiced similar reactions, but bloody hell, this is the only way I can get my frustration out.

Are you watching Mr Wilder? Bet you don't give a damn. Some Blade eh.

So, with your pen poised, exactly what would you have written when we were 9th last season? Do you only sing when we’re winning?...don’t reply, it’s a rhetorical question....🎩🎩

I think.norwood could really benefit from having some young energetic lrgd around him
Our midfield is our biggest weakness fleck and norwood aren't.fit enough and lundstram is taking the piss
There is no energy in midfield and now no creativity we need now to address whether it’s to filter some of the young ones in or have some proven championship players lined up.
All the midfield needs altering now or next season we will struggle.

We need a complete new midfield next season. Only Fleck and Berge (if he's not sold) should be in our midfield next season from tbr current crop. Osborn also maybe provided its our wide on tbe left. Other than that they can all go for me.

We need some younger energetic midfielders in their and some creativity. Hopefully a mixture of the young lads in the academy and some astute signings will do the trick. First lad I'd be after is the lad Mowatt at Barnsley.

Yes, I also believe that blaming a manager who left three weeks ago for the most recent defeat is the only rational thing to do.

Boooo

Wilder Even More Out.
He has to carry a large proportion of the blame - and I am a big admirer of Wilder and am sad to see him go, but facts are facts I'm afraid. This team is pants 😐

Weasel - not being argumentative but why does Fleck get a pass? He’s overweight, unfit and has been pretty poor all season. He contributes more than Norwood and Lundstram, but that bar is lower than a snake’s belly.

I don't think Fleck has done too much wrong lately, he is trying to carry the midfield but with Norwood so slow and Lunny playing for the opposition there isn't much he can do.

I was annoyed to find out how serious his injury was earlier in the season which he picked up on international duty.

Weasel - not being argumentative but why does Fleck get a pass? He’s overweight, unfit and has been pretty poor all season. He contributes more than Norwood and Lundstram, but that bar is lower than a snake’s belly.

I agree that he has been far from great this season and tbh this season is thr first time I've also questioned Flecks future with us. But I also think there are mitigating circumstances this season namely the poor quality of the team and the players who are midfield with him this season.

Also I'm not sure that hes been properly fit at all this season and the injury he picked up playing for Scotland (fracture in his back) has really set him back. I think he's ready for a good rest in pre season and then a proper pre season should hopefully get him back to where he was the December before last when he scored twice v Villa at the Lane and bossed that PL game.

Im backing him to still be able to do it especially at Championship level. The others (sadly Norwood, and not so sadly Lundstram) I think need to go at the end of the season.

This season has been difficult to say the least, the amount of KEY injuries have screwed us over big time, the replacements just haven't stepped up to the plate. It happens. FWIW I think we will be ok next season and compete for the top 2.

This is bullshit. Wilder found us in an absolute shambles. He's left us one of the top 30 teams in the country. He's left us with a very good squad at Championship level, some saleable assets, a wage bill that is under control and potentially 3 years worth of parachute payments. If we can't build on that and establish ourselves at the top level, don't blame Wilder. It'll be because the board fucks up replacing him.

We don't need to have this hysterical meltdown after every defeat.
No ones arguing that Wilder didn't do a fantastic job the first 3 seasons. Unfortunately he totally screwed up the last 2, massively overpaying for average players. He's confirmed to me that he's a good lower league manager and left us with at best a mid table championship team.

I think the players know they are relegated and they want the season to end as soon as possibly just as much as the fans. Even teams at 10% less than their best will get beaten by good teams who have things to play for and we are well below 10% under. I just don't know why so many of ours have just lost their form so dramatically since lockdown 1. What did we do different to every other team when we look so slow all over the pitch? Can't just be the absence of crowds. I know injuries have played a big part nut who thought the loss of O'Connell and Berge would impact like this. Whatever the player say, the same team spirit is not there. I recall reading the players articles in The Star in the Adkins reign and they said team spirit was good but who were they trying to kid? We now lose, rather than win, nearly every 50-50 ball as per the first Leeds goal yesterday and some of the tracking back by Lunstram, Norwood and Fleck is almost non-existent at times. None of us envisaged such a cliff jumping fall from where we were just a year ago and is really hard to take.

He's confirmed to me that he's a good lower league manager and left us with at best a mid table championship team.

This doesn't really make sense to me. If this is a mid-table at best Championship team, how did many of them win automatic promotion from the Championship? And nearly get into Europe in the Premier League? That suggests either this team is better than mid-table Championship standard and has underachieved this season, or that Chris Wilder is a genius for taking them as far as he did (including at the highest level). In which case, the lower league manager tag doesn't really fit.

Are we really saying that Ramsdale, Bogle, Baldock, Basham, Egan, O'Connell, Berge, Fleck, McBurnie and Brewster wouldn't be wanted by top 6 Championship teams right now?

This doesn't really make sense to me. If this is a mid-table at best Championship team, how did many of them win automatic promotion from the Championship? And nearly get into Europe in the Premier League? That suggests either this team is better than mid-table Championship standard and has underachieved this season, or that Chris Wilder is a genius for taking them as far as he did (including at the highest level). In which case, the lower league manager tag doesn't really fit.

Are we really saying that Ramsdale, Bogle, Baldock, Basham, Egan, O'Connell, Berge, Fleck, McBurnie and Brewster wouldn't be wanted by top 6 Championship teams right now?
If you are that impressed with the squad then I'd suggest you put a wedge of money on us getting promoted, i personally can see us finishing any higher than mid table.
Maybe I was harsh describing Wilder as lower league, championship then, definitely not premier league. I'm still angry with him for deserting the sinking ship shop and leaving us in the shit.

It could be counterproductive to bring in the youth alongside senior players that are in poor form themselves.

Tonge worked well alongside McCall and Maguire with Collins. I don’t think we have that so Hecky goes with what he has. He picks Lundstum because there’s nobody else fit.
Your saying lundstrums fit 😂

Hecky is only one place above Adkins, league one at best.
We have ended up with a;
Poor squad From poor signings Playing predictable tactics which have not worked for months With an injury ravaged defence poorly supported by an ineffectual midfield supplying nothing to an ineffectual attack.

But let’s blame Covid and no crowds!

But this does not excuse a total lack of fight in my eyes, someone has to be relegated and with all the above it is us, but capitulation is inexcusable.
As to the future, who knows? But as it is resurrection Sunday maybe I should have more faith?

and that Callum Robinson, he wasn`t good enough eh Chris? (just ripped Chelsea a new one) Oli Burke much better option.
A whopping 5 goals, 0 assists for Mr Robinson this season. 3 before yesterday, which was 1 more than Burke, who also has an assist. We're not exactly comparing Kane with Salah here.

No ones arguing that Wilder didn't do a fantastic job the first 3 seasons. Unfortunately he totally screwed up the last 2, massively overpaying for average players. He's confirmed to me that he's a good lower league manager and left us with at best a mid table championship team.
You think that Wilder "totally screwed up" last season?

A whopping 5 goals, 0 assists for Mr Robinson this season. 3 before yesterday, which was 1 more than Burke, who also has an assist. We're not exactly comparing Kane with Salah here.
Give me Robinson over Burke any day. Yet another cock up by Wilder with Robinson, signs him, hardly plays him and then swaps him for a complete donkey. Imagine what Burke would have done with Robinson's first goal yesterday.

Like always it’s the jokers who wanted him out who can’t move on from him. Get a grip.
You are totally wrong true99. If you care to look back over my own threads you will see that I've probably been one of the most optimistic posters on here and have been very supportive of the club, the team and especially Chris Wilder and that includes this season. I was continually encouraging other supporters to keep the faith in both the team and management well into this new year.

But from my own point of view, I've supported the club for over 60 years and unfortunately when you get to my age you begin to count down how many more seasons left I will be around to support them. It's alright for the younguns who have a good 50 years or more to go experiencing the highs and lows. I'm not wishing for Premier league titles; endless silverware, although that would enjoyable, all I'm asking for is for my club to be an established Premier league team with the odd top 6 finish from time to time.
Reading over my OP it does read quite hostile, and I apologise for that, especially to CW although I doubt he reads forums. I could be accused of being too passionate about the Blades and become very frustrated when things go wrong, but is it too much to ask that my team can become a team of some stability? Even just for a few years?

You are totally wrong true99. If you care to look back over my own threads you will see that I've probably been one of the most optimistic posters on here and have been very supportive of the club, the team and especially Chris Wilder and that includes this season. I was continually encouraging other supporters to keep the faith in both the team and management well into this new year.

But from my own point of view, I've supported the club for over 60 years and unfortunately when you get to my age you begin to count down how many more seasons left I will be around to support them. It's alright for the younguns who have a good 50 years or more to go experiencing the highs and lows. I'm not wishing for Premier league titles; endless silverware, although that would enjoyable, all I'm asking for is for my club to be an established Premier league team with the odd top 6 finish from time to time.
Reading over my OP it does read quite hostile, and I apologise for that, especially to CW although I doubt he reads forums. I could be accused of being too passionate about the Blades and become very frustrated when things go wrong, but is it too much to ask that my team can become a team of some stability? Even just for a few years?
I’m not wrong, but then again I’m not 100% right either because it’s not solely the fans who lusted for him leaving the club. Either way, it’s about time people moved on or else we’ll be getting petty, pointless threads like this after ever single game. He’s gone now, so why are some carrying on the vendetta against him?

I think you are being a bit unrealistic at present if you would like the occasional top 6 finish, and even to be an established Premier League team to be honest. Have you seen the owners and the spending power of the top 6? Players earning £300k per week, international players not able to get a game, Multi-billionaire owners. We can't expect to compete with those under our current regime on a regular basis, most teams can't, and most teams in the Premier League have far richer owners than we do. Every season about 10 teams out of 20 main goal is to not get relegated and given our standing and location we aren't a massive attraction for billionaires. Considering where we were 6 years ago this makes the achievements of Wilder over the past 5 years even more remarkable.

I too have been watching this club for a long time being in my 50's now and yes this season hasn't been great, far from it, and nobody is thinking it has been. Plenty of mistakes have been made but I will not be calling out Wilder, suggesting he is happy with the state of the team and not a Blade for it.
Even with getting relegated we are still in a far better place then we were before he came and the club is in a far better place than we could have hoped for, both position and financially, especially since COVID. I dread to think what our finances could have looked like if we hadn't been in the Premier League during the past couple of years. At least I am fairly confident we will have a club to support in the near future, I'm not sure all lower division teams can say that.

Lets hope we can build next season and get promoted and then maintain Premier League status, building like Palace, Burnley, Brighton etc. but they still have concerns about relegation every year.

This is bullshit. Wilder found us in an absolute shambles. He's left us one of the top 30 teams in the country. He's left us with a very good squad at Championship level, some saleable assets, a wage bill that is under control and potentially 3 years worth of parachute payments. If we can't build on that and establish ourselves at the top level, don't blame Wilder. It'll be because the board fucks up replacing him.

We don't need to have this hysterical meltdown after every defeat.

Have to agree. I broadly sympathise with the 'let's just move on' sentiment, but it does feel like there's a lot of overcorrecting/coping going on since the PA interview.

Ultimately the bloke did a fantastic job, recruitment definitely could've been better in the last 12 months, but then I suspect a lot of this stems from internal politics. The Prince & United World wanted a lot more control over recruitment, Wilder was never the type who would accept that, eventually this ends up a tit-for-tat where we're not getting the targets off either list.

At some point this obviously becomes unreconcilable. Really, the on-the-pitch successes of the last half decade or so are even more impressive when you consider how strained lots of relationships within the club have been for most of this time. Hope whoever comes in now is able to work with the board without being a total yes man, far too many cautionary tales in English football in this regard

Back
Top Bottom