Are you watching Wilder?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
I'm sure CW would have sat through and watched our last three games, Liecester, Chelsea and today and wonder if now he is outside looking in, like the rest of us have to do, he has finally taken off his rose tinted specs and can now see what we have all had to witness this season; what a complete and utter shambles he's left us with.
Apart from Rammers the whole starting eleven today was nothing short of an embarrassment. Even before a ball is kicked we are so andicapped with Lundstram, Stevens, Norwood, plus others, it's no wonder we are propping the whole of the division up. I wasn't surprised with that team selection today as Hecky did hint after the Chelsea game that he's restricted to who he can bring in. Really? Well I'm sorry, I was willing to give him a chance, but with no sign of any changes by introducing some young blood, eager to prove their worth, the sooner he gets back to the U23's the better. I like the guy, but I don't want him as the manager to take us forward. I just get the impression he doesn't want to go against Wilder by making sweeping changes. Or even the slightest of change for that matter.

Up to today I was convinced that the team would only need the odd tweak next season, but now I think otherwise. Let's hopefully keep hold of Rammers, JOC, Egan and start from there and build a new team in the hope that one or two of the U 23's are mature enough to make the step up. I just hope and pray that the Prince shares our frustrations, can identity what is needed and gets the management selection spot on. Hopefully soon.

What I am saying is nothing new and most of us have voiced similar reactions, but bloody hell, this is the only way I can get my frustration out.

Are you watching Mr Wilder? Bet you don't give a damn. Some Blade eh.

I'm sure CW would have sat through and watched our last three games, Liecester, Chelsea and today and wonder if now he is outside looking in, like the rest of us have to do, he has finally taken off his rose tinted specs and can now see what we have all had to witness this season; what a complete and utter shambles he's left us with.
Apart from Rammers the whole starting eleven today was nothing short of an embarrassment. Even before a ball is kicked we are so andicapped with Lundstram, Stevens, Norwood, plus others, it's no wonder we are propping the whole of the division up. I wasn't surprised with that team selection today as Hecky did hint after the Chelsea game that he's restricted to who he can bring in. Really? Well I'm sorry, I was willing to give him a chance, but with no sign of any changes by introducing some young blood, eager to prove their worth, the sooner he gets back to the U23's the better. I like the guy, but I don't want him as the manager to take us forward. I just get the impression he doesn't want to go against Wilder by making sweeping changes. Or even the slightest of change for that matter.

Up to today I was convinced that the team would only need the odd tweak next season, but now I think otherwise. Let's hopefully keep hold of Rammers, JOC, Egan and start from there and build a new team in the hope that one or two of the U 23's are mature enough to make the step up. I just hope and pray that the Prince shares our frustrations, can identity what is needed and gets the management selection spot on. Hopefully soon.

What I am saying is nothing new and most of us have voiced similar reactions, but bloody hell, this is the only way I can get my frustration out.

I'm sure prince will know what's needed not sure about wilder though he wanted a defensive midfielder in january!

I am getting worried.. if we keep JOC, Egan, Ramsdale and Berge then we will compete for championship top six next season.. lose two or three of those than we have serious problems as what was more or less the second string today looked way off it.

Yes, I also believe that blaming a manager who left three weeks ago for the most recent defeat is the only rational thing to do.

Boooo

Wilder Even More Out.

See, it is his fault though. He may not have been managing the team, but he brought these players in.

We were all raving about Norwood last season, about how Brighton, Fulham etc were stupid to release him and not give him a chance. Now we're understanding exactly why, Wilder failed to spot what other managers did and its basic stuff like this why we are in the position we are.

Momentum is huge in football, we came into the PL on a high, momentum took us a long way, but that momentum stopped when COVID came, and we never adapted once it did, Wilder did nothing about it.

We scored low last season, but we didn't have an injury crisis in defence, so that saved us. This season we spent 24m on a player Wilder didn't want to play.

Wilder left us with a terrible squad I looked at Leeds raphina 18 m 35k a week and we spent 23m on brewster etc some major rebuilding needed I'd be very suprised if we are near the top of championship it's worrying we're looking at managers who have no experience in the championship

Let the young players achieve something this season they are in a great position to win there league.
I'm sure one or two will get an opportunity before this dire season is over.
Not the best way to begin your 1st team career playing in a team lacking in confidence, beleaf and quality.
They're on a high ! not good to destroy a great season for them throwing them in to a team bereft of most things which young players can't really change at this stage.
The only plus point is we arnt getting beaten heavily (rammers) outplayed yes .

It’s a caretaker manager, he’s just a placeholder until the new man comes in. Nothing will really change until that happens.

Even the fervent Wilder supporters are moving on, are we going to have a post about him after every defeat in perpetuity? It’s cringeworthy.

This is bullshit. Wilder found us in an absolute shambles. He's left us one of the top 30 teams in the country. He's left us with a very good squad at Championship level, some saleable assets, a wage bill that is under control and potentially 3 years worth of parachute payments. If we can't build on that and establish ourselves at the top level, don't blame Wilder. It'll be because the board fucks up replacing him.

We don't need to have this hysterical meltdown after every defeat.

This is bullshit. Wilder found us in an absolute shambles. He's left us one of the top 30 teams in the country. He's left us with a very good squad at Championship level, some saleable assets, a wage bill that is under control and potentially 3 years worth of parachute payments. If we can't build on that and establish ourselves at the top level, don't blame Wilder. It'll be because the board fucks up replacing him.

Is that “Chris left us with a wage bill that is under control” or “Chris left us due to a wage bill that is under control”? ;)

I’m going for some poultry metaphors as it is Easter 🤔
I think that is why the chickens are coming home to roost - “CW left us with a very good squad at Championship level”. Not too endearing for him as we are a Premier League team. Is that the way to build for the future?
Then there is the chicken or the egg? He left us with “potentially three years worth of parachute payments”. Ideally, not something to look forward to and not one of those helpful little side benefits of not building a team to compete in the Premier League.

What baffled me most yesterday was Hecky saying "we're building for the future"

So we play the same way that hasn't worked all season

We play the same players who haven't worked all season

We keep playing one muppet who we KNOW won't be here next season

So which part of that is "building for the future" unless the future is more of the same and the slide continues?

What could be happening about picking the team is play the players who have got us in this position and keep the young players involved with the first team then when it’s official we’re relegated then play some of the youngsters to gell them into the team ready for next season. If you put the young players in now you don’t know how much it will affect them when they are in the team that confirms relegation ⚔️

We don’t want a good squad for the championship we want a good squad for the premiership, we don’t want to be one of the top 30 teams in the country we want to be the top 1 in the country, that’s what we want ⚔️

See, it is his fault though. He may not have been managing the team, but he brought these players in.

We were all raving about Norwood last season, about how Brighton, Fulham etc were stupid to release him and not give him a chance. Now we're understanding exactly why, Wilder failed to spot what other managers did and its basic stuff like this why we are in the position we are.

Momentum is huge in football, we came into the PL on a high, momentum took us a long way, but that momentum stopped when COVID came, and we never adapted once it did, Wilder did nothing about it.

We scored low last season, but we didn't have an injury crisis in defence, so that saved us. This season we spent 24m on a player Wilder didn't want to play.
Whilst I share your frustration I disagree on Norwood. Yes he is not up to standard this season but without him last season we would not have achieved a top half finish.

What could be happening about picking the team is play the players who have got us in this position and keep the young players involved with the first team then when it’s official we’re relegated then play some of the youngsters to gell them into the team ready for next season. If you put the young players in now you don’t know how much it will affect them when they are in the team that confirms relegation ⚔️
That’s actually what I’m thinking as soon as it’s official
We have to go with the players we’ll be with next season
And it’s a collective responsibility not 1 mans fault , and I still owe Chris a pint for bouncing day

Whilst I share your frustration I disagree on Norwood. Yes he is not up to standard this season but without him last season we would not have achieved a top half finish.
Agree, however we will be two years further down the road.
He has lost what little pace he had, Displays no desire to track back, plays too many blind passes and we need to improve on someone who seems to think that directing traffic in midfield is a satisfactory contribution.

Back
Top Bottom