Archer's debut

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Archer is the player who we thought we'd be getting with the Brewster signing. A real poacher and goalscoring instinct which is priceless in this league. What a signing. Hamer too. And excited by Souza with McAtee to come who's strengths we know. Onwards and upwards.
I thought the lad did great, maybe did not have too much of the ball, but he certainly made it count when he did.

We need to look to get the ball forward quicker if we are to make the best of Archer

I’m assuming he was hooked based on some statistical analysis around his output? He looked a bit shocked.

Archer good.

Hamer not so good for me. Didn’t do badly but was pedestrian with the ball at times. Out Mf need to be quicker in their passing and possession and likewise with their movement off the ball. It’ll come I’m sure.

(An honest reflection )
If it wasn’t for him we don’t score the second goal

I’m assuming he was hooked based on some statistical analysis around his output? He looked a bit shocked.
He was out of juice, first start of the season. Can you remember him doing anything after half time?

Was actually enthused to see how Traore would get on but Christ he was weak as piss today. Big disappointment when he looked to show some much promise at forest.

I’d get hunting around for a free agent target man as a back up for Mcburnie cus unless he can play every minute of every match we‘ll be fucked. At least we’ll be able to play mcatee off the front man if Archer isn’t available.

And did a shit ton of running and muscling with defenders.

It's a guarantee if Hecky hadn't taken him of all the criticism would've been "Why buy Traore if you're not going to use him? Why leave Archer on when he's tired instead of using your bench?".
Really think Osula was the better option. Offers much more physically

Hamer was poor all game, particularly in the first half. If there's anyone with favourites (or scapegoats), it's fans on this forum.
Yeah that quick glance to see where Archer was, before playing him in for the 2nd goal by controlling the ball with his chest then passing the ball over his shoulder was rubbish.

The shot where he forced Pickford into a great save low to his left was piss poor too.

They say football is all about opinions though.

🤡🤡🤡🤡

I thought Archer had a very good debut. Two goals in the first half, and the one-two off the back of Jordan Pickfords big head for the 2nd was excellent.

He was tired though when he was hooked.

With 5 substitutions I can see the Traore for Archer swap happening a lot around the 70 minute mark.

Yeah that quick glance to see where Archer was, before playing him in for the 2nd goal by controlling the ball with his chest then passing the ball over his shoulder was rubbish.

The shot where he forced Pickford into a great save low to his left was piss poor too.

🤡🤡🤡🤡
Or when he drove up the left flank on his on for half the pitch and won us a corner, or when he played Archer in with a driven pass to put him in behind for what should’ve been a very good chance just before Everton’s opener.

Hamer had a couple bad moments but overall he’s a fantastic player and will be key to any chances of survival.

McB and Archer look very solid at a front two. Hopefully Brewster can actually return at some point (starting to give up hope!). Think Osula probably needs to be playing each week at a lower level on loan.
Too late for Osula to go out now.
Somehow he needs to play matches for the U23s and then sit on our bench for use when McBurnie or Archer tire.

Archer instinctively knows that he's only got seconds to get a shot off and it looks like he will always try to do so - what a joy to have someone who can strike the ball so well.

Archer is the player who we thought we'd be getting with the Brewster signing. A real poacher and goalscoring instinct which is priceless in this league. What a signing. Hamer too. And excited by Souza with McAtee to come who's strengths we know. Onwards and upwards.
Good debut. Didn’t go in missed that Hamer had a cracker, involved setting goal up and a cracking shot (and save) from outside the area. Won’t always go in but some will and the goalies will shovel some of them for Archer to mop up.

Or when he drove up the left flank on his on for half the pitch and won us a corner, or when he played Archer in with a driven pass to put him in behind for what should’ve been a very good chance just before Everton’s opener.

Hamer had a couple bad moments but overall he’s a fantastic player and will be key to any chances of survival.

Hamer is one step ahead of the game and always looking to go forward as soon as he gets the ball he's already knows what he's going to try and do with it .

It might not always come off and some fans will get on his back for that but it will benefit us hugely more often than not.

Most of our big chances created will come through Hamer in one way or another.

Prefer that then someone who is too safe on the ball and plays sideways backwards.

Disagree..the manager works day in day out with him so knows his level of fitness..we don't need to risk another muscle injury.

People moan at him coming off, people would moan if he'd stayed on and pulled up, the joys of being a manager eh

Hamer is one step ahead of the game and always looking to go forward as soon as he gets the ball he's already knows what he's going to try and do with it .

It might not always come off and some fans will get on his back for that but it will benefit us hugely more often than not.

Most of our big chances created will come through Hamer in one way or another.

Prefer that then someone who is too safe on the ball and plays sideways backwards.
Gooooooo on, say it, Berge

Brilliant to see Archer so massively involved with top quality on the goals but I felt frustrated and slightly embarrassed about how he was being used.

Would love to see his stats because I can’t remember Archer touching the ball much.
My memory was treating his like a greyhound with Norwood trying a long punt towards the corner flag area saying “chase that”.

Bet Archer kept thinking “why doesn’t anyone just play the ball to my feet like at Middlesboro“

Looking forward to seeing how the addition of McAtee improves our midfield and our style of play.

Just need to build the knowledge and confidence, throughout the team, of that and get them all anticipating his moves.

Oli Mac name checking him yesterday, in his post match interview, shows that the team know and have acknowledged his attributes. Just need to play together and start reading each other. Hopefully there's some internal/behind closed door games planned for during the international break.

Souza, Hamer, Macca, Oli Mac and Archer are what we should be focusing on, building they're understanding and structuring the team around those 5 players. Wing backs support, back 3 solidify, and outside CB's overlap should the opportunity arise.

Brilliant to see Archer so massively involved with top quality on the goals but I felt frustrated and slightly embarrassed about how he was being used.

Would love to see his stats because I can’t remember Archer touching the ball much.
My memory was treating his like a greyhound with Norwood trying a long punt towards the corner flag area saying “chase that”.

Bet Archer kept thinking “why doesn’t anyone just play the ball to my feet like at Middlesboro“

Looking forward to seeing how the addition of McAtee improves our midfield and our style of play.
Haaland doesn't touch the ball much either.

It's the new way

🤡🤡🤡🤡
Hamer showed glimpses of

Back
Top Bottom