Arblaster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ollie Arblaster 1.75m 65kg

Phil Foden 1.71m 69kg

Pretty sure Man City fans forums will not be discussing the tired, stale argument that you have to be a midfield powerhouse to be successful in the Premier league.
I think we can all agree Foden is very very good. That's the level you need to be at and it's rare to get to it!

Look at the size of most sides. It's a very physical league and always has been. The smaller players have to be really really good. This isn't breaking news. It's also very very difficult to be at that elite level! It's not negatively it's just reality
No doubt the premiership Is the land of the giants now with athletism to match, but and its a big but the most technically gifted players are around Fodens and Arblasters size.
He has a long way to go yet ,so have a few more of our kids the future looks better than for a long time even with relegation coming.
Key now is holding on to them as prem teams will throw 5 million at any potential player just mopping up potential ,the club and player have to turn the gold plate down in favour of the real thing which comes with opportunity to play regular footie .

Technically no issue physically he's never going to develop into a premier league powerhouse so he's going to have to be REALLY good at the other stuff.
That just shows that forums just allow anyone to post even when there totally incorrect.

He has pace and power for such a young lad. He burst into the box shrugged off 2 players and had his shot that resulted in our goal 30 seconds later. He is taller and more athletic than Hamer.

I think we can all agree Foden is very very good. That's the level you need to be at and it's rare to get to it!
😂😂😂

Why don’t you just say you’ve never watched a Sheffield United U23 game and you haven’t been watching recently.

It would save you some embarrassment.

😂😂😂

Why don’t you just say you’ve never watched a Sheffield United U23 game and you haven’t been watching recently.

It would save you some embarrassment.
I have. The level is pretty poor. Osula looks like a fantastic prospect at that level the reality in the men's game however...

Thought Blaster played, really well today, few mistakes, and needs to get to grips with the speed, but that's not a criticism, hes a young lad, and I think he will be great next season, hone thing to look forward to!!

Just wish Wilder had brought on Brooks when Blaster went off, as he's the other kid we need to be playing, these 2 are the future of our midfield hopefully.

Well played.

I have. The level is pretty poor. Osula looks like a fantastic prospect at that level the reality in the men's game however...
No one talking about the level they are playing against. Talking about your point on pace and power which is what he has. You just haven’t seen him play. That’s all.

No one talking about the level they are playing against. Talking about your point on pace and power which is what he has. You just haven’t seen him play. That’s all.
Haven't I? Weird. You are claiming things you can't prove because you don't like them.

I'm not saying he's shite, David brooks shows slight players can make it, but you have to be very very good and avoid injuries and illness like all players.

The second a young player shows promise people act like he's going to be a star right away. It was Andre Brooks in that position a few months back. I think people have cooled on him now with more evidence and are putting the exact same energy on Arblaster

Look at the size of most sides. It's a very physical league and always has been. The smaller players have to be really really good. This isn't breaking news. It's also very very difficult to be at that elite level! It's not negatively it's just reality
19 Yr olds can get bigger

No, that isn’t the level you need to be at to be successful in the PL. Foden’s developing into a world class player so is a completely false comparison. There are plenty of other very competent midfielders in the PL who are smaller than Arblaster.

No, that isn’t the level you need to be at to be successful in the PL. Foden’s developing into a world class player so is a completely false comparison. There are plenty of other very competent midfielders in the PL who are smaller than Arblaster.
You'll admit it's a lot fewer than bigger lads though right? In the championship players would bounce off Berge in a comical effect at times. You don't see that as much in the premier league because the levels are so much tougher.

Haven't I? Weird. You are claiming things you can't prove because you don't like them.

I'm not saying he's shite, David brooks shows slight players can make it, but you have to be very very good and avoid injuries and illness like all players.

The second a young player shows promise people act like he's going to be a star right away. It was Andre Brooks in that position a few months back. I think people have cooled on him now with more evidence and are putting the exact same energy on Arblaster

Again if you watched Brooks you’d realise he’s a winger. We tried to sculpt him centrally for having no legs in the side.

Again you just don’t know what your talking about.

Where is this idea Arblaster is small coming from ?

Yesterday I was most surprised at his size and pace. He won a majority of his headers too!

I’ll say this. OA will be a great player. Hope we keep him.

Seen him rise through the youth and like Brookes I hope these two stay and develop and become key players for the mighty Blades.

One main thing I see is they are more technically gifted and composed than the main first teamers.
That is definitely needed.

You'll admit it's a lot fewer than bigger lads though right? In the championship players would bounce off Berge in a comical effect at times. You don't see that as much in the premier league because the levels are so much tougher.
Yes. Strength has become a huge part of the elite game. But I don’t know where you’re getting the idea from that Arblaster isn’t going to develop sufficient physicality.

And physicality is far from the only attribute needed. Footballing intelligence is also important and Ollie was marked out as having that very early on. That’s why he was made captain of the U18s immediately he signed his scholarship at the age of 16. The combination of his ability & intelligence will take him a long way.

I’ll say this. OA will be a great player. Hope we keep him.

Seen him rise through the youth and like Brookes I hope these two stay and develop and become key players for the mighty Blades.

One main thing I see is they are more technically gifted and composed than the main first teamers.
That is definitely needed.
Sorry to say this mate, but I agree with you. 😁

Again if you watched Brooks you’d realise he’s a winger. We tried to sculpt him centrally for having no legs in the side.

Again you just don’t know what your talking about.
I can prove I have been watching with Brooks for years now. What's that saying about assume... ?

That just shows that forums just allow anyone to post even when there totally incorrect.

He has pace and power for such a young lad. He burst into the box shrugged off 2 players and had his shot that resulted in our goal 30 seconds later. He is taller and more athletic than Hamer.
To be fair so is my sister

mc burnie going off was what cost us , he helps out against these massive players teams play
and of course Baldock takes no prisoners
but Arblaster will be the next Micheal Brown
As well as being a useful outlet Mcburnie wins most defensive headers when we are under the cosh and would probably prevented the free header.
Even if he was knackered he could have protected the goal,stupid decision by wilder.

As well as being a useful outlet Mcburnie wins most defensive headers when we are under the cosh and would probably prevented the free header.
Even if he was knackered he could have protected the goal,stupid decision by wilder.
he simply wasnt fit enough , as Wilder bemoaned on MOTD he cant put out a fully fit side with the correct player in each position , we have been hamstrung literally as a club
players having to work harder in positions they dont play makes them tire more
its a no win situation

Physical strength is the easiest characteristic to develop. It is a lot harder to develop an athlete into a footballer (see Burke, Ollie)

Back
Top Bottom