Outgoing? Arblaster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wilder never had to deal with an embargo, signed 10's of players, didn't know that failure to get promoted would see the club in serious financial peril.

I'm not sure how the ownership thing affected Wilder at all to be honest? He ended up having more transfer funds than he would have had

PA backed him when McCabe wouldn't. If we stick to players we would have just had with McCabe in charge it would be Luke Freeman and Callum Robinson.

PA backed him when McCabe wouldn't. If we stick to players we would have just had with McCabe in charge it would be Luke Freeman and Callum Robinson.
So Wilder was better off than he would have been. Not sure that shows that he had it harder than PH?

He'll play next season, decks will be swept come June, Wilder needs these young lads ready to challenge, not that Slimane will be a challenge, but I think Blaster and Brooks are the future of our midfield, Hamer on the left and Bogle on the right, and I think were stronger already!
Losing McAtee blows a mighty big hole in your " I think were stronger already" opinion.

Losing McAtee blows a mighty big hole in your " I think were stronger already" opinion.
Mcatee isn't our player!
He won't be here in June!!

Which blows an even bigger hole in your "I didn't bother reading the post properly" post.

I'd say the owner dispute and the clubs dirty laundry being aired in public was tougher. Wilder had led a team League 1 players to the PL while PA and McCabe were locked in a needless court battle and old Kev didn't want to agree to spend anything in the first PL season.
I think you might find that he questioned the affordability rather not wanting to spend. In the end with the embargo maybe he was right?

True Liam but I’m sticking my neck out by saying not in this case

I really hope so, and i’m not for one second suggesting Arblaster would do the same, it’s just being cautious.
I’m also in no way ITK 😂

The refusal to hire competent football admin staff while sending £1m+ a season to UW is the biggest issue at the club outside of owner funding
What are you talking about? Without the international scouting network provided by UW we would have missed out on the likes of Traore, Slimane and Laroucci.

For much of this time last year we were in an embargo and having to pick and choose when to turn under soil heating on to save money.

Obviously Heckys doing as well
I think this is forgotten when people talk about how we “let this happen”.

Yep, he’s shite. Like all our squad. Shite. Etc etc etc
I didn’t say anything like that, and I’m fairly positive about next season. But if you want to assert that we look good up front with Osula, not having a single league goal under your belt really puts it somewhat in question.

I didn’t say anything like that, and I’m fairly positive about next season. But if you want to assert that we look good up front with Osula, not having a single league goal under your belt really puts it somewhat in question.

Agreed with this. Got all the tools and physicality, but needs to prove his finishing and composure. He would be one of the four, but not a starter next year.

Agreed with this. Got all the tools and physicality, but needs to prove his finishing and composure. He would be one of the four, but not a starter next year.
See I think he's got someway to go, but with us only likely having Brewster on the books of senior players, I think we may be looking at both Jebbo and Osula for starting roles (should the former sign on the dotted line.)

Both are still strangely raw, but have incredible upsides.

Like many ofters have said, it's difficult to not be excited by the youth potential for next season; contracts allowing - Brooks, Arblaster, Osula, Jebbo, Curtis will all be in the first team picture and maybe even One, Marsh and Hackford among others. Obviously, could really blow up in our faces too!

See I think he's got someway to go, but with us only likely having Brewster on the books of senior players, I think we may be looking at both Jebbo and Osula for starting roles (should the former sign on the dotted line.)

Both are still strangely raw, but have incredible upsides.

Like many ofters have said, it's difficult to not be excited by the youth potential for next season; contracts allowing - Brooks, Arblaster, Osula, Jebbo, Curtis will all be in the first team picture and maybe even One, Marsh and Hackford among others. Obviously, could really blow up in our faces too!

One of the reasons why I’d look to keep Egan and Baldock on, if they’re willing and injuries cleared up. Need some experience to anchor all the youth to.

Can't expect a young striker to feed on scraps in the premiership ! No real service really opportunities few and far between
I don’t think anybody does. That still doesn’t qualify him to be our main striker next season, without us taking a huge gamble.

Back
Top Bottom