Outgoing? Arblaster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I would be disappointed if other top level clubs were not interested, he is a real talent who should have been signed up ages ago.
You don’t send him out on loan to prove his worth without getting him to commit, Hecky if indeed he had the responsibility really failed to tie our young talents down to new contracts and it is vitally important that he is not allowed to get away.
The whole contracts debacle is definitely not on Hecky.

Contracts take too long at United. Understand we’re an absolute rarity in terms of managing the legals in house. Announcements are always about a week after it’s confirmed in the press it’s a done deal.
Another reason, I suspect, why we need a DoF.

Bettis/the manager having to be heavily involved isn’t practical.

The whole contracts debacle is definitely not on Hecky.
It couldn’t be more on Hecky if you tried.

Look we have loaned out every youth prospect and given new contracts before they leave.

Arguably the best one Hecky said yes you can go without a new contract.

Wilder will be more vocal in calling out bad practice. He’s stubborn and believes he knows best, and when surrounded by the incompetence at board level here he’s probably right too.

Hecky is a coach, he wants to stick to the training ground, he needs the Dof type to manage everything else.

What amazes me is the lack of urgency at the club the last 2 years, we’ve just casually walked into this problem, not moving on those refusing new deals in good time for a fee, failing to offer new deals, failing to properly assess the youth lads and leaving ourselves open to plunder from Cat A/bigger clubs.
Just a complete lack of forward planning for the squad and management by an owner and board that have lost interest and want out. That is the reason why the only person who is capable of halting a slide and keeping us running close to Anel club is Wilder.
He’s got a vested interest, no other manager has that and would just take the wages and walk away in the end.

Shame he was sacked/walked when he did, maybe we’d be a bit more prepared for football matches now.

Got to get him in that shop window.....
He'll play next season, decks will be swept come June, Wilder needs these young lads ready to challenge, not that Slimane will be a challenge, but I think Blaster and Brooks are the future of our midfield, Hamer on the left and Bogle on the right, and I think were stronger already!

Wilder is fixing them within 2 months… Hecky couldn’t in all his time here.
It is closer to them expiring, so they're then more likely to sign a new deal, I suppose. But yeah, it does look like Hecky couldn't/wouldn't get as involved!

Still think a DoF would be a good move to oversee a long-term footballing strategy.

Brighton signed Josh Robertson 18 year old attacking midfield player from Sunderland yesterday. Newcastle signed Alfie Harrison 18 year old midfield player from Manchester City yesterday. Both have less experience than Blaster has had this season. There was speculation both were looking at Blaster so I am pleased we have still got him but we need the contract signed asap. It also shows we can't be complacent with young players Premier League clubs are scouting across the age groups at other clubs. Fair play to the club in tying down a fair few of our youngsters recently.

I would be disappointed if other top level clubs were not interested, he is a real talent who should have been signed up ages ago.
You don’t send him out on loan to prove his worth without getting him to commit, Hecky if indeed he had the responsibility really failed to tie our young talents down to new contracts and it is vitally important that he is not allowed to get away.
This wasn't on Hecky. He was 1st team manager

According to the Spanish accountant our very own lawyers deal with sorting out contracts etc…ie that dodgy chairman mate of the Prince….for free…saving us a fortune paying someone to do it.
No wonder everything takes forever
The refusal to hire competent football admin staff while sending £1m+ a season to UW is the biggest issue at the club outside of owner funding

Wilder will be more vocal in calling out bad practice. He’s stubborn and believes he knows best, and when surrounded by the incompetence at board level here he’s probably right too.

Hecky is a coach, he wants to stick to the training ground, he needs the Dof type to manage everything else.

What amazes me is the lack of urgency at the club the last 2 years, we’ve just casually walked into this problem, not moving on those refusing new deals in good time for a fee, failing to offer new deals, failing to properly assess the youth lads and leaving ourselves open to plunder from Cat A/bigger clubs.
Just a complete lack of forward planning for the squad and management by an owner and board that have lost interest and want out. That is the reason why the only person who is capable of halting a slide and keeping us running close to Anel club is Wilder.
He’s got a vested interest, no other manager has that and would just take the wages and walk away in the end.

Shame he was sacked/walked when he did, maybe we’d be a bit more prepared for football matches now.
PH managed more difficult circumstances at United then Wilder ever has

Agreed. There is a commonly repeated mantra by some posters that Heckingbottom had it easy last season, mainly because he had Ndiaye, and promotion was easy to achieve.

I do not agree. he did an excellent job under difficult circumstances. There were a lot of off field distractions and ridiculous injuries. Winning promotion at a canter in the face of all that was an excellent effort.

Have to say it…
If he’s verbally agreed a contract, it means absolutely nothing.
It has been widely reported that Ndiaye ‘verbally’ agreed his contract too… and the Number 10 shirt to go with it.

True Liam but I’m sticking my neck out by saying not in this case

This lad is another reason we can look forward to next season.

Will presumably start coming off the bench this season, instead of Ozzy and Oli, once he's fit.

This lad is another reason we can look forward to next season.

Will presumably start coming off the bench this season, instead of Ozzy and Oli, once he's fit.
Brooks - Arblaster - Hamer could be a nice balance. But as with other areas, we'll need to bring in some additional quality.

Indeed. Possibly Souza too, who could be a real Championship player if he wanted.

Despite everything going on, I find it hard not to see us in the top 6 next season.
4-1-3-2 with at least 1 new centre back, Souza as the 1, the 3 you mention, Osula +1 up front, not a bad Championship lineup for starters.

I'd say the owner dispute and the clubs dirty laundry being aired in public was tougher. Wilder had led a team League 1 players to the PL while PA and McCabe were locked in a needless court battle and old Kev didn't want to agree to spend anything in the first PL season.

I'd say the owner dispute and the clubs dirty laundry being aired in public was tougher. Wilder had led a team League 1 players to the PL while PA and McCabe were locked in a needless court battle and old Kev didn't want to agree to spend anything in the first PL season.
Wilder never had to deal with an embargo, signed 10's of players, didn't know that failure to get promoted would see the club in serious financial peril.

I'm not sure how the ownership thing affected Wilder at all to be honest? He ended up having more transfer funds than he would have had

Wilder and Hecky have both said stuff has gone on that made their job tricky that we haven't even heard about tbf! Neither has a easy job but Hecky did have the heart and soul of a team that's been there and done it which is easier than forging your own path imo.

Back
Top Bottom