Anel is wank

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We'll probably accept £7-8m. We'll make a loss on Souza I imagine.
Souza's tracking stats are really good so I reckon we'll make a profit on him.

Hard to see anyone wanting Anel after this pathetic season. Would snap your hand off for £10m in the summer, he's been atrocious.

He's clearly a good player, i just think his attitude stinks.
Wilder thought enough of him to make him captain, but he's not putting in captains performances. He flaps his arms about when things don't go for him

If someone comes in with £10m. Get rid
I reckon the thought process was that giving him the armband might give him some sort of boost and have him stick his chest out a bit.

We’ve not really seen much of that if this was the intention.

Difficult because he doesn't want to be here, my assumption is someone will offer 5-10 million we'll panic and sell him and then struggle to replace him for that value.

Been a tough season don't blame any player who doesn't want to be here. I'm a fan and if I was a player I wouldn't want this on my head. This season will follow and tarnish some of these players career it's that bad.
Must be bad on 20k plus a week. Try £440 a week ffs.

We'll probably accept £7-8m. We'll make a loss on Souza I imagine.
One thing we've been consistent on since Abdullah got sole control is setting valuations for players and sticking to them.

We won't make a loss on Souza. In fact I'd expect us to double the £7ish million we spent on him.

Anel I would imagine will have a price tag of £12-15m. Just as with Ramsdale if he kicks off he'll be told to get the buying club to meet the asking price.

Mental you’ve gone after Anel. He’s not even the worst centre half playing.

Like facing a firing squad with our everyone storming through our midfield every week.
I think the reactions against Anel are a result of the great expectations we had for him this season. He looked every bit like a player for the future last season, but he has been utterly exposed in the Prem. The bizarre way he likes to use his hands to try compensate for his lack of pace and positional sense, is quite infuriating.

One thing we've been consistent on since Abdullah got sole control is setting valuations for players and sticking to them.

We won't make a loss on Souza. In fact I'd expect us to double the £7ish million we spent on him.

Anel I would imagine will have a price tag of £12-15m. Just as with Ramsdale if he kicks off he'll be told to get the buying club to meet the asking price.
Didn't we sign Ramsdale for about 18m and sell for about 28m? Cracking business.

yes do think anel is doing a bit of a lundstrum this season the guy has loads of ability his performance at centre back against spurs in the cup last season was brilliant but somats gone seriously wrong he also reminds me of sander last season playing with little interest in the club its obvious he wants out

Sold for 30

Eventually
It’s the, what we signed him for that got me in trouble for a good long while. Others wouldn’t believe the £12M figure because the Prince had said something about a record fee. It was especially tough to persuade folk when he was initially struggling to find his feet.

I have it on good authority that we actually turned down more than the figures quoted there, in January, for Anel. Something that I find incredibly foolish as I can't see anybody coming in this summer with an offer as good.

He had his chance to stand out like a diamond in the rough this season, but unfortunately he’s chosen to chuck it in like the rest of em…Nobody’s gonna take a punt on that…He’ll be lucky to get a call from Rotherham in the summer.

I have it on good authority that we actually turned down more than the figures quoted there, in January, for Anel. Something that I find incredibly foolish as I can't see anybody coming in this summer with an offer as good.
To be honest I heard similar but same as you laughed it off.

Think as long as we get a substantial amount for him we will be happy.

I have it on good authority that we actually turned down more than the figures quoted there, in January, for Anel.

Someone offered more that 12/15 million for Anel, I suspect your good authority was winding you up.

He had his chance to stand out like a diamond in the rough this season, but unfortunately he’s chosen to chuck it in like the rest of em…Nobody’s gonna take a punt on that…He’ll be lucky to get a call from Rotherham in the summer.
That's your opinion. According to his dad, he's not far off a call up to Brazil

Yes, I thought so too
Short, straight to the point AND TRUE.

Jesus Christ some of you lot on here

….. are not given to hysterical outbursts , making sweeping statements with little or no basis in fact and taking any opportunity to denigrate the club we have supported for in many cases , 50 years or more .

A club which , despite its ups and downs and offering very little gratification for trophy hunters , has nevertheless provided us a number of teams , individual players and memorable occasions which have been a joy to watch .

For those who consider such criteria to be well below their expectations and entitlement , other clubs are available .

Last edited:
He's clearly a good player, i just think his attitude stinks.
Wilder thought enough of him to make him captain, but he's not putting in captains performances. He flaps his arms about when things don't go for him

If someone comes in with £10m. Get rid
He definitely downed tools and has sulked since his pals were sold.

Yes, I thought so too
Short, straight to the point AND TRUE.

Jesus Christ some of you lot on here
It's totally irrelevant to the conversation and a complete waste of his and every ones time

He definitely downed tools and has sulked since his pals were sold.
Agreed, he's not a wank player but he's playing wank. He looks finished with the club. A shame because I really liked him when he turned up, great work rate.

I don't know there just doesn't seam to be much team spirit going on at the moment, it feels like 11 lads playing for themselves not each other.

Agreed, he's not a wank player but he's playing wank. He looks finished with the club. A shame because I really liked him when he turned up, great work rate.

I don't know there just doesn't seam to be much team spirit going on at the moment, it feels like 11 lads playing for themselves not each other.
Of course they are playing to protect themselves (from injury ) for their move in the Summer
He’s been iffy all year since his return from injury got no physicality attributes at all

Back
Top Bottom