Anel is wank

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We signed him 'cos we were obsessed with the Basham role and for a while (against Championship opposition) he looked the business. Now he's out of his depth - and he's a mardy-arse. Can't imagine anybody would want to take him off us given his recent form so looks like we're stuck with him - let's hope he comes good again next season.

We signed him 'cos we were obsessed with the Basham role and for a while (against Championship opposition) he looked the business. Now he's out of his depth - and he's a mardy-arse. Can't imagine anybody would want to take him off us given his recent form so looks like we're stuck with him - let's hope he comes good again next season.
I would try him at right back. Totally failed at centre back this season

To me today RND was the worst of the back 5, which is bad as Anel and Trusty were abysmal, but having a none existing midfield protecting them any one would look bad, we need more athleticism in midfield and some pace at the back, a complete rebuild post season

There's no strength and leadership at the back

Anel should have been sold this window if at all possible, and replaced

Trusty is an absolute nothing player who shouldn't have been signed. A complete wet lettuce. With the left side defence recruitment, we acted as if we were still in the championship.... or that we simply didn't know what the PL is

I know, let's make him captain!!

I can’t believe there was any belief that someone would pay £20mill for him in the window.
He has looked every inch a champ level player this season.
Villa paid £26 mill for Diego Carlos and he’s an absolute beast. No way Anel is worth even a quarter of that.

Anel was our best defender today until Robinson came on. He was left to pick up the pieces by the rest of them & didn't stand much chance.

Wo

Worst captain we’ve ever had. Makes Neill Collins look like prime Beckenbauer
He's pretty shit this season but we had Jay mcleverly as captain for some time and I believe even Higdon sported the armband on his debut?

Anel was our best defender today until Robinson came on. He was left to pick up the pieces by the rest of them & didn't stand much chance.
Disagree lost his man time and time again, was alow and ponderous. Holgate kept having to tell him to step up in line (as he was playing them onside all game). He wasn't great today and trusty just as bad.

Disagree lost his man time and time again, was alow and ponderous. Holgate kept having to tell him to step up in line (as he was playing them onside all game). He wasn't great today and trusty just as bad.
This 100%. Anel has lost all sense of defensive positioning, he creates chaos with the other defenders cos he hasnt a clue where he needs to be.

A million billion fucking likes. Anel doesnt give a single solitary fuck.
I’ll double that. Robbo easily our best (least worst) defender in first half of season, stepped up to a certain degree to a higher level and led by example. Not afraid to let a forward know he was around with some crunching tackles which got the crowd engaged. Particularly after being left out today, smells to me of some issues behind the seasons with Wilder (a la Duffy, Wes…)

Might actually "work" in our favour that Anel's been crap this season, because you'd hope he'd be good in the Championship again.

Might actually "work" in our favour that Anel's been crap this season, because you'd hope he'd be good in the Championship again.
Categorically cannot see him at the lane next season, and truthfully.. watching his attitude and pride, I’d be quite happy seeing the back of him.

Difficult because he doesn't want to be here, my assumption is someone will offer 5-10 million we'll panic and sell him and then struggle to replace him for that value.

Been a tough season don't blame any player who doesn't want to be here. I'm a fan and if I was a player I wouldn't want this on my head. This season will follow and tarnish some of these players career it's that bad.

He's clearly a good player, i just think his attitude stinks.
Wilder thought enough of him to make him captain, but he's not putting in captains performances. He flaps his arms about when things don't go for him

If someone comes in with £10m. Get rid

We'll probably accept £7-8m. We'll make a loss on Souza I imagine.

He's clearly a good player, i just think his attitude stinks.
Wilder thought enough of him to make him captain, but he's not putting in captains performances. He flaps his arms about when things don't go for him

If someone comes in with £10m. Get rid
I think he'd have a better career abroad. I don't think that Premier League football suits his style, he likes to have time on the ball & playing against quick/ strong strikers he's been exposed badly. He'll have a good career & as you said he's a good player.

Back
Top Bottom