Andy Carroll

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’m ultimately not advocating that we should sign him Rob, my overriding point is that the contract he can be offered at this point in his career by us or anyone for that matter is the one I’d suggested and only that type of contract, only a fool would offer him any different mate.
Yes I agree mate, just saying I’d be underwhelmed with it, even on those terms. Not saying you’ve suggested him.

i wouldn't want him, but then what do i know, i didn't want Clarke, was underwhelmed with McGoldrick due to injury record

I thought we overpaid for Egan, i thought half of our squad wouldn't be good enough to get us out of the championship

so if he did come who knows what would happen

I know it's been said already on here to the point of being a cliche, but I do actually trust our management team to sign the right players and I'm not sat here thinking "please God no" about any potential signings they might or might not make (the ownership battle on the other hand does make me a bit nervy at the moment).

If he wasn't injury prone I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately he is, so I wouldn't.

In fairness, this forum went into meltdown even at the prospect of us signing Leon Clarke and were equally unimpressed with us signing McGoldrick cus he was ‘obviously’ made of glass, so I think from now on I’ll trust him to get it right rather than our own experts. 👍

I'd like to think we won't be signing Madine at Premiership level.

A front line of Madine and Carroll would cost us c£5m a year in out of court hush money for extra-curricular pay offs alone...

The guys in our Newcastle office each have an Andy Carroll story about the time he either punched a bird or got his mates to beat up a bloke outside a nightclub....

I know it's been said already on here to the point of being a cliche, but I do actually trust our management team to sign the right players and I'm not sat here thinking "please God no" about any potential signings they might or might not make (the ownership battle on the other hand does make me a bit nervy at the moment).

I always think back to the deadline day video where wilder and Schriber (spelling wrong probably) had their 15 point checklist about a potential signing.

I trust Wilder to get most signings right and he/his team clearly puts a lot of thought and preparation into any potential signing - so yeah I agree, there’s never a ‘please God, no’ from me!

Well in L1 we had Hanson and in the Championship we had Madine. So, in the PL the evolution of our "wtf, why are we signing him" target man option would naturally be Carroll.

Bounced this just so Ricky can make sure there's been no duplication with Andy Carroll threads :).

Get him in and offer him a pay-as-you-score contract. Then don't play him. That'll teach him to still be donning that ridiculous pony tail.

Just run it by us how we will upset the whole squad with his wages circa £50k a week ..and do bugger all in return ...

How on this world ..or the next world ..would this be a good move ?

Though it would be good to sign him and as we have no expectations, he has no pressure and we get a full season out of him and finish above West Ham

Bleedin' hell, I could hate Carroll and still think that article was pretentious nonsense, reading it was like wading through syrup. I read the first paragraph and thought what? Right they're insinuating...well nobody thinks that. I assume Carroll nicked his girlfriend or something.
To say nobody uses that style of player anymore is bull, (if fit) he's a better version of Madine.

Just run it by us how we will upset the whole squad with his wages circa £50k a week ..and do bugger all in return ...

How on this world ..or the next world ..would this be a good move ?

Not that I’m saying we should sign Carroll, but could our players, who have spent the vast majority of their collective careers in the second and third tiers of English football, really begrudge an England international who has spent every season bar one (to my knowledge, I could be mistaken) of his career to date in the top flight, a higher salary than them?

a higher salary than them?
Doesn't have to be a higher salary, a previous poster pointed out he's currently earning nothing, anybody would be daft to pay somebody with a history of only starting half the games a high weekly wage. I'd go low with pay as you play bonus, somebody wants to pay more let him go there.

Doesn't have to be a higher salary, a previous poster pointed out he's currently earning nothing, anybody would be daft to pay somebody with a history of only starting half the games a high weekly wage. I'd go low with pay as you play bonus, somebody wants to pay more let him go there.

I wasn’t necessarily referring specifically to Carroll, more the point that some people think bringing in an established top tier and international footballer on more money than our current squad, who have spent most of their careers in the second and third tiers, will somehow piss them all off.

Back
Top Bottom