Andy Carroll

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I wasn’t necessarily referring specifically to Carroll, more the point that some people think bringing in an established top tier and international footballer on more money than our current squad, who have spent most of their careers in the second and third tiers, will somehow piss them all off.

I would think it would be more their contribution in relationship to their wages. If a player is on say £50,000 a week and can't get in the team or even on the subs bench, it would be natural for some (on a significantly lesser salary) to feel upset?

Not that I’m saying we should sign Carroll, but could our players, who have spent the vast majority of their collective careers in the second and third tiers of English football, really begrudge an England international who has spent every season bar one (to my knowledge, I could be mistaken) of his career to date in the top flight, a higher salary than them?

Treble their wages for a useless Tool.....yes I think they might be a tad miffed !!

Treble their wages for a useless Tool.....yes I think they might be a tad miffed !!

Like I say, I’m not talking about a useless tool specifically. I just think if we were to sign an established international and Premier League player, our current players should expect that the new bloke is on more money than them. In a year or so’s time when they have hopefully proven they can cut it and established themselves at this level, they are well within their rights to seek parity.

If you could keep him injury free then he’d be a quality player for us. But then again if you could keep him injury free he wouldn’t be at United

Basic wage of say £20k, with goal and appearance bonus
If CWAK can get/keep him fit would be an amazing signing
But my guess is US or China on big bucks before retirement and fading into a Gazza-esque life style

Random target for Burnley to replace Wood.

Apparently his contract at Reading ends this month so would be a free transfer.

Scored 2 class goals in midweek - both disallowed :confused:

Random target for Burnley to replace Wood.

Apparently his contract at Reading ends this month so would be a free transfer.

Scored 2 class goals in midweek - both disallowed :confused:

Didn’t watch the whole game but from what I did see, Carroll was very good on the day.

He’d not cut it in the PL I dare say. Be better off here and let McBurine go to Burnley 😉.

UTB

Didn’t watch the whole game but from what I did see, Carroll was very good on the day.

He’d not cut it in the PL I dare say. Be better off here and let McBurine go to Burnley 😉.

UTB
Rumoured their game against Liecester will be off injuries/Covid, highly likey 5pm on Saturday they are second bottom, with injuries, Wood gone and their other strikers being injury prone or out of form, not sure Carroll and his injury record and the coming fixture congestion/games in hand is a good fit, but FREE transfer, its possible considering Burnleys debt

I'd take Carroll til the end of the season, if not next too.
Think with Sharp, he would monster this league this season.

Great signing for 2022's kick it high, kick it hard, kick it long brigade. Horrible footballer who'll encourage even more horrible football from a horrible football team.

(Copyright Pinchy)

I think he gets unfairly labelled as some sort of big lug when in fact he's got a lot more to his game

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12513933/carrolls-bicycle-kick-ruled-offside
True. But it's a bit desperate showing his main contribution there as two goals that were both offside.

What next to big him up? Clever back heal in training? Scorpion kick in his living room? Penenka with a lair of socks in his living room?

Joking aside he's obviously still got some ability though I thought United's backline marshalled him with relative ease.

That said, I do find it interesting that to cover an injury West Brom have turned to a guy who is well known to have struggled with injuries! West Brom starting to look a bit desperate. It's great to see.

True. But it's a bit desperate showing his main contribution there as two goals that were both offside.

What next to big him up? Clever back heal in training? Scorpion kick in his living room? Penenka with a lair of socks in his living room?

Joking aside he's obviously still got some ability though I thought United's backline marshalled him with relative ease.

That said, I do find it interesting that to cover an injury West Brom have turned to a guy who is well known to have struggled with injuries! West Brom starting to look a bit desperate. It's great to see.
He's one of those players that can make a difference on his day. It's a punt with the injuries but I suspect we'd all like to have him on a pay per play basis. He'de be great to bring on with 15 minutes left and you're in need of a goal.

He's one of those players that can make a difference on his day. It's a punt with the injuries but I suspect we'd all like to have him on a pay per play basis. He'de be great to bring on with 15 minutes left and you're in need of a goal.
I'm sure Salernitana are saying the same about Mousset!

We as already have a few sick notes on our roster. We sure as hell don't need another. Let WBA burden themselves with another player who spends more time in the stands than out on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom