Incoming? Alexander Blessin

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I suggested Blessin some weeks ago in another thread here. He is the best manager in the Belgian league at the moment. Oostende just escaped relegation last season and with a bunch of unknown and unproven players Blessin has created a miracle. They are the most attractive team to watch and play a very energetic high press game that has impressed everyone here in Belgium. His assistant is a former NFL physical coach and the summer preparation was quite special in terms of physical preparation but they out run all other teams now. Best appointment you can make.
DhuHo_dWkAA-9mL.jpg

Can someone explain to me any advantage of appointing this lad over Jokanovic? Davie Weir did bits at youth level with Everton. May as well put Heckingbottom in if we want a great youth coach, at least he has some first team experience.
Wages

I wouldn't be against an appointment like this.

The best time to invest in anything is when it's on it's way up because if you get it right the rewards are much greater.

Past performance is no guarantee of future returns so I don't buy into the theory that you need someone that's been there and done it just because they have history on their side.

It's ok looking at a "safe" option if you're more worried about the past than the future but I believe if you spend too much time looking backwards you're going to trip over something and not get where you want to be going forwards.

I also don't buy in to the "no Championship/English experience"

Wilder had no Championship experience until he came to us and as far as I can see in every other league around Europe they play 11 v 11 on similar sized pitches with the same shaped balls, and each team plays every other team twice.

I really can't see too much difference and if you think the English way is the only just have a look at the turgid performances of the England team over the last few games.

This argument reminds me of all those people that told me that "I don't understand their unique business" when I was a business banker, and the truth was that I usually understood their businesses a lot better than they did.

I'm all in favour of a forward looking approach as every successful career has to start somewhere.

I'm not saying that this is the right individual because I've never heard of him but I'm sure that the board will know a lot more about him than I do, and in principle I think it's a sensible move.

Ridiculous but wouldn't be surprised at all. Well why not take a complete and utter fucking gamble with our 1 shot to get back up? Still Prince was mint in that interview. A real 100% blade
Who would your suggestion be?
What would your business plan be?

Yep, I can get behind this. He talks well and I like his ability to comfortably filter through systems without too much upheaval.

If this is the type of guy we’re targeting, I’m excited about the future of our Club.

Ridiculous but wouldn't be surprised at all. Well why not take a complete and utter fucking gamble with our 1 shot to get back up? Still Prince was mint in that interview. A real 100% blade
Every managerial appointment in football is a "complete and utter fucking gamble".

Not some random mate of JVW who's been a manager less than a year. Would be astonishingly stupid but fully expect it.
Read PurpleRain response to this thread. Who's your suggestion? Who do you want to see? It's all good sitting and moaning because your not happy we're not attracting pep or klopp, but if you're just sitting complaining, surely you have some top tier manager in mind.

Not some random mate of JVW who's been a manager less than a year. Would be astonishingly stupid but fully expect it.
One of the easiest things in life is to be critical, yet the hardest is to find a solution. I have never trusted or had respect for anyone who is critical without offering a solution.
Much rather have a guy that we have knowledge of and no doubt researched than someone who is a “name”, a past it washed up old school manager or a bloke who has links to the blades. We are one of the few clubs who seem to go back to old players and appoint them as managers yet supporters seem to buy into this.
Wilder is the only one it worked with and he is / was a one off

Every managerial appointment in football is a "complete and utter fucking gamble".
May as well just get someone off the street to do it then. Obviously some are way way less of a gamble than others

Read PurpleRain response to this thread. Who's your suggestion? Who do you want to see? It's all good sitting and moaning because your not happy we're not attracting pep or klopp, but if you're just sitting complaining, surely you have some top tier manager in mind.
Top tier manager haha. So the bar is really so low that we shouldn't expect more than a complete unknown rookie manager? Makes no fucking difference who I'd have does it. Why on earth would we take such a huge gamble and appoint someone who's managed about 40 games in his life?

One of the easiest things in life is to be critical, yet the hardest is to find a solution. I have never trusted or had respect for anyone who is critical without offering a solution.
Much rather have a guy that we have knowledge of and no doubt researched than someone who is a “name”, a past it washed up old school manager or a bloke who has links to the blades. We are one of the few clubs who seem to go back to old players and appoint them as managers yet supporters seem to buy into this.
Wilder is the only one it worked with and he is / was a one off
Oh come on. You want me to ring Sheffield united and offer a solution? I don't care about a name just a bit of a track record would do but obviously I'm in the minority. Give it anyone sure it'll be fine.

Top tier manager haha. So the bar is really so low that we shouldn't expect more than a complete unknown rookie manager? Makes no fucking difference who I'd have does it. Why on earth would we take such a huge gamble and appoint someone who's managed about 40 games in his life?
A rookie that's got a superior pedigree than our last manager? A rookie that has superior experience managing younger talent? I'd say it does, you're very quick to moan about any potential manager, but you don't want to offer up your suggestion. He's managed 40 games, and as purples said already, the team he's managing are outperforming every other club (from relegation to 4th).

A rookie that's got a superior pedigree than our last manager? A rookie that has superior experience managing younger talent? I'd say it does, you're very quick to moan about any potential manager, but you don't want to offer up your suggestion. He's managed 40 games, and as purples said already, the team he's managing are outperforming every other club (from relegation to 4th).
Please explain how he has superior pedigree to our last manager. I've moaned about 0 other potential managers. Funny he sounds like he's done basically exactly the same as Chris wilder did for us last season but obviously Wilder did it in a far superior league and had years of constant successful behind him as well. But ye this guy definitely superior.

Please explain how he has superior pedigree to our last manager. I've moaned about 0 other potential managers. Funny he sounds like he's done basically exactly the same as Chris wilder did for us last season but obviously Wilder did it in a far superior league and had years of constant successful behind him as well. But ye this guy definitely superior.
Ight. Wilders never ever ever been involved in a club who play champions League/Europa League football. Period. He has literally 0 experience at that level.. when's wilder ever nurtured youth talent? Oh wait. He signed an up and coming striker then sat him on the bench. Reyt coach. I said he's got a superior pedigree. Not that he's done things that are superior to wilder thus far bud.

Never heard of Blessin until this thread but that's a ringing endorsement from PurpleRain who has more knowledge of him than any of us.

Whilst people can point to Jos at the Sty and the young German at Hudds, there have been a number of European managers who have done well in the Champ who I hadn't heard of until they landed here.

There is no sure fire thing and whilst I'd be happy with a Howe or Jokanovic, I've no idea if they were ever realistic options.

I'd rather think outside the box and look more deeply at a manager/coach's ethos and style than just go for a hit and miss British manager off the merry-go-round.

Though I'll admit wilders probably superior at doing what wilder does (moaning before getting a decent pay off, ask the Oxford fans) :)

Though I'll admit wilders probably superior at doing what wilder does (moaning before getting a decent pay off, ask the Oxford fans) :)
So you're not going to explain how he's superior to wilder 👍

Ight. Wilders never ever ever been involved in a club who play champions League/Europa League football. Period. He has literally 0 experience at that level.. when's wilder ever nurtured youth talent? Oh wait. He signed an up and coming striker then sat him on the bench. Reyt coach. I said he's got a superior pedigree. Not that he's done things that are superior to wilder thus far bud.
Oh you've tried. This guy has managed about 33 games mate

Oh you've tried. This guy has managed about 33 games mate
Aye, he's also been a coach at a team who are regularly involved in the champions League, who are lauded for having one of the best youth programs/teams in the world. Bit of a far cry from halifax town eh?

Aye, he's also been a coach at a team who are regularly involved in the champions League, who are lauded for having one of the best youth programs/teams in the world. Bit of a far cry from halifax town eh?
Sorry shouldn't have got involved without looking at your previous posts. 0 messages for 4 years then constant anti Wilder messages. Weird but you carry on enjoying yourself

Sorry shouldn't have got involved without looking at your previous posts. 0 messages for 4 years then constant anti Wilder messages. Weird but you carry on enjoying yourself
Laughable. Scroll a bit further and you'll see the comments from the Atkins era, all the way to wilder pushing us up the league's. I haven't got to prove anything to you bud 😂

Laughable. Scroll a bit further and you'll see the comments from the Atkins era, all the way to wilder pushing us up the league's. I haven't got to prove anything to you bud 😂
No worries although you joined after Adkins left. And you've spelled Adkins wrong.

No worries although you joined after Adkins left. And you've spelled Adkins wrong.
Oh. Forgot to add. I've got a brick at the lane, been a junior blade (back int' day) been to both play off finals of recent years (unfortunately) felt true pain of paying 10 quid for 4 cans of Stella in London (was warm too.. wank)

Back
Top Bottom