Alex Ferguson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bath Blade

Reaction score
Rumours are sweeping round that he's about to step down as Man Utd manager. Could he do a job as the next United manager?

With the squad he'd be working with?

No.

Anyway I think he'll probably die in office. I seem to remember him nearly retiring about 12 years ago.

I think Jose Mourinho.

Overnight Mourinho's odds have shortened. He's odds on with some bookies whereas Moyes is with others.

What? JM or Moyes? Surely not. Time for Brian Robson to emerge from the shadows and screw over another United.

Interesting that people on here are advocating the right man for the job approach for MU and not some random ex-player type appointment. If only our own beloved chairman were watching . . . .

Interesting that people on here are advocating the right man for the job approach for MU and not some random ex-player type appointment. If only our own beloved chairman were watching . . . .

But are the Man Utd message boards full of people saying the new manager has got to understand the 'Man Utd way' so it needs to be one of Bruce, Robson, Ince, Hughes, Atkinson, Docherty.....

But are the Man Utd message boards full of people saying the new manager has got to understand the 'Man Utd way' so it needs to be one of Bruce, Robson, Ince, Hughes, Atkinson, Docherty.....

True enough. For once a positive for having a worldwide fan base and one not so set in its parochial ways that it can't see past "old boys".
Having said that, copying the "Man Utd way" might get you a bloody sight further than the way we've been going for years.

Moyes been waiting all this time and Jose is in the wings to snatch it.

Today is Moyes worst nightmare.

I'm not sure I'd want to be the man that followed SAF. You are pretty much on a hiding to nothing. Which might very well appeal to Mourinho...

The man that follows the man that follows SAF, may have an easier time of it...

I'm not sure I'd want to be the man that followed SAF. You are pretty much on a hiding to nothing. Which might very well appeal to Mourinho...

The man that follows the man that follows SAF, may have an easier time of it...

It's a poisoned chalice. Anyone with real ambition would be advised to steer clear for five years.

It's a poisoned chalice. Anyone with real ambition would be advised to steer clear for five years.

of one of the best squads in Europe and a fantastic transfer budget?
Even one of our cast offs couldn't fuck that up could they?

of one of the best squads in Europe and a fantastic transfer budget?
Even one of our cast offs couldn't fuck that up could they?

Dont make me laugh. Man U have been the best (by far) of a bad bunch this year in the PL. There is no way that Man C and Chelsea will be as bad next year.

It depends how far down the road Mourinho has gone with Chelsea. If nothing has been formally agreed at Stamford Bridge, the ego will not be able to reisist the Man Utd job.

I think it could be Mourinho but would like Moyes get the chance.

JM -
Pros = Been there, done it. Knows how to win the PL & CL.
Cons = bails when the going gets tough.

DM-
Pros = Will stick it out and build the empire.
Cons = No experience of winning anything. Little Euro experience. Is it too big for him?

Not sure even Sir Alex could do anything with out team.

it could all have been so diferent if the linesman had spotted that the ball had gone out for a goal kick before mclairs goal

I predict MUFC to start next season with Bale and Ronaldo in the team and Mourinho on the touchline.

I predict MUFC to start next season with Bale and Ronaldo in the team and Mourinho on the touchline.

I think Bale will be there but Jose won't.
No doubt he'd come in and win the European Cup but then he'd be off to the next big payer.
I'm sure Man U will go for someone who they think will put in a 10 year stint keeping Fergies good work going so Moyes it is.

All Premier League games, on the last day of the season, will hold a minutes applause in honour of Fergie. It will be held in the 98th minute.

Back
Top Bottom