Match Thread AFC Bournemouth v. Sheffield United - 10th Aug 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BOUR
BOUR
BOUR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1565024492276.png V. 1565024512398.png

EPL Week 1 - Saturday 10th August 2019 - Dean Court

Here's your match thread for the EPL season opener at Dean Court. Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/bournemouth-vs-sheffield-united.465/

Officials:

Referee:
Friend, Kevin
Assistant Referee: Wilkes, Matthew
Assistant Referee: Hopton, Nick
Fourth Official: Breakspear, Charles
Video Assistant Referee: Mason, Lee
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Halliday, Andrew

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

download_20190810_100548.jpg

Last edited:

Anyone know what time approx official lineup should be announced?

Our record when Lundstram starts

W8 D8 L16

Last season his record when starting was

W2 D0 L5

In the two games we won (vs Reading and Brentford away) he was subbed at 0-0 and 2-2.

Two decent results in his two last starts, let's take some hope from that. True he went off at 0-0 at h/t at Reading - we'll take that today. From Deadbat's report at Brentford:

and as pretty a football as they play; they need to start winning some games ugly. Like us, I am not sure they can do this. They will pass it around (68% possession tonight – not many teams will do to us, what we do to them) but often do it in areas that do not count. I felt other than that 10-minute spell second half and the pressure they applied at the end; they actually did not hurt us that much.

While Brentford like playing that way (possession), and still struggled to penetrate, Bournemouth's strength is pace and movement and breaks. If they'll be denied doing that, as we defend with players behind the ball, maybe they'll struggle? When they're frustrated we'll add some fire power up front and nick it. Hopefully.

Song for today; replaces Wembley song

We’re on the march we’re Wilders army
We’re not in the bottom three
And we’ll really shake it up
Cos the Blades are staying up
Cos we’re the are the mighty football team

Henderson

Basham Egan JOC(If passed fit)

Baldock Norwood Fleck Lundstram Stevens

McGoldrick Robinson

Subs;
Moore
Jagielka
Stearman
Osborn
L.Freeman
Sharp
McBurnie

Thats what ive been told...

Where's Mo?

And Larry and Curly for that matter.

Up all night long and almost 24hrs straight now.At this point may do a Mr. Bean to stay awake but all worth it.8033fd5c06eb55a86d1ca58bf1857a43.jpg

Not too much longer now.

UTB

Anybodyelse got that churning feeling inside yet!??

Just watching west sham v city , its like a fuckin morgue , City just gone 0-2 up its so easy for them !

City just scored again 0-3

Just watching west sham v city , its like a fuckin morgue , City just gone 0-2 up its so easy for them !

City just scored again 0-3
Kin hell VAR stopped the game for about 3 minutes , 3 mm off side the goals been disallowed

3-1 Betfair away win, 5-2 draw. Thoughts....

Of course we're relegation favourites, we just got promoted from the championship and have purchased mostly championship players. Most promoted teams go straight back down, thats just a fact.

If you don't think we're in a relegation fight this year you're a tad deluded. Particularly if we are going with the flat 3 and Lundstram.

I’m saying we are one of about 12 teams who could get caught up in it. But I think we have enough about us not too. As for Lundstram, I think he’s what is called “a project”. I think if he was anywhere near good enough we wouldn’t have signed some of the other midfielders. Maybe he’ll get a chance in the side at some point but from what we’ve seen so far, at a lower level, he’s not quite good enough. Maybe we’ll play him against a few lesser teams, call him a Premiership player, and sell him in Jan for a much bigger fee than if we’d sold him now?

Lundstram starting for Fleck. Robinson, freeman and McBurnie our attacking threat. Rest is same as last season.

Why Lundstram instead of Fleck now when it's not been the case hardly for two years? Fuck knows.

Team out and Lunny starts

Excited to see McGoldie and Robinson and great news that JOC is fit

Attachments

• 767A16FA-7371-4E4D-A8FD-33E6CAAD2FB4.jpeg
    767A16FA-7371-4E4D-A8FD-33E6CAAD2FB4.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 38
I will post any goals on here as I am settled in Portugal watching via a live stream .......... UTB ..... come on the Blades .... 0 1 to us .... Billy to score then to pull his shirt off to show his T shirt saying 'League 1 my arse!'

Trouble with that side.

Midfield flat with no creative flair further up, no real striker on the pitch.

If this is going to be the approach then we are going be in for a long season.

Lunny FFS

Back
Top Bottom