A mistake

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Personally I think the club have got it wrong releasing so many players. Yes we needed to bring in a number of new players , but a few of the players released could have played a role , even as a squad player (I'm thinking Flynn, Campbell Ryce and the under appreciated Jay McEveley.)

As the old saying goes, be careful what you wish for because it might just happen! Now we need at least ten new players who may or may not be better than what we had and who may or may not fell as a team. Yes last season was a disappointment, but this is a knee jerk reaction. I agree with getting rid of Hammond though (not that we should have been in this position).

I disagree. Even if it means we don't properly challenge until 17/18 we simply had to have a clear out. I'm not claiming to be a big blade or any more knowledgable than fans who only go to home games but I have seen too many unprofessional can't be arsed attitudes away from home which Adkins put his own spin on to make me know that we had a set of complete work shy wankers wearing our crest. Adams apart, the retained players always had a good attitude.

Dont understand transfer listing Freeman. He is a young player who can play in several positions, who has plenty of first team experience. He fits the CW blueprint for players, in that he is an energetic, athletic young player. We will be lucky to get much of a fee for him, so we might as well have retained him as a utility player.
I would personally have offered a new contract to McGahey. He did well when he came in last season and was unllucky to be dropped. He appeared to be improving and again was a young player with first team experience.
However CW can do no wrong for me at the moment and perhaps he does not want these two around, as they both have question marks against them, in relation to their attitude. I trust his judgement, so perhaps a new start would be of benefit to both players..Just hope CW is not forced to play too many academy players, who from what I've seen are not yet ready for inclusion in a team going for promotion.

Bad attitude. Get rid.

to be honest Wilders fell lucky

if he sells any player including Brayford or Basham , no one is really indispensable in the current equad
All the wasted moaning about Murphy , the Brighton Messi , being sold was so much wasted effort

Who ever we sell we can replace, without it costing us 15 points as some claimed
We start afresh , with a new plan , new tactics and fresh blood
The players that have been retained can offer something and its all about who Chris gets in

quite exciting , bit like a Bassett kind of start to a league one campaign

I disagree. Even if it means we don't properly challenge until 17/18 we simply had to have a clear out. I'm not claiming to be a big blade or any more knowledgable than fans who only go to home games but I have seen too many unprofessional can't be arsed attitudes away from home which Adkins put his own spin on to make me know that we had a set of complete work shy walkers wearing our crest. Adams apart, the retained players always had a good attitude.
We've all been wanting to clear out the squad since Clough left. This is a season away from a knee jerk. The reality is that "squad players" is synonymous with "not good enough".

McEveley has been a part of a defence that has been a constant problem for us. It's not a coincidence that since he's been at the club we've been awful in that department. Flynn has been struggling to stay fit, and even then he hasn't always been a clear starter. We've had him since Wilson, and he's not a player that will win you a top spot.

I said this in another thread, but imagine you'd seen the players we've released playing some number of times for another club, would you honestly think signing any one of them was a sign that we were building for promotion? If we were signing McEveley from Chesterfield I'd be giving up hope for the next campaign already. The managers haven't always been great for us but the players have been even worse and ought to take a fair shame of the blame like the people we've sacked.

Wholeheartedly agree. I admire Mcev, he's had absolute dogs abuse but has always been a man about it, and probably been one of least shit players from the turn of the year. That said, he's not good enough and is only going to get worst. Thanks for the mediocre and sometimes hilarious memories.

We weren't in L1 when Basset got the job. But you know what I meant and are just swerving the point. As usual.
again its a fresh start , with his choices
starting a full season

I argued Adkins got a full pre season and Pete said he needed from May , it wasnt a full pre season
which seemed a bit daft
so dont know what some arguments are about in here
Let me be specific

its like a full first season in league 1/ div 3 for both wilder and previously Bassett

The 'success' of the clear out is largely dependent on who is brought in. I can't argue with any of those released but if we don't bring in better we are back to square one.

I can see most of those on the list still being here next season as they are on too much for anyone to want them and they are some of the highest earners so we may not have much money to bring new players in.

In answer to the original post

You can bet your life that Sheffield United will get it wrong
It's what they do

Getting rid of most of the squad is OK

Replacing them from the academy is where they'll get it wrong

starting a full season
starting a full season

I argued Adkins got a full pre season and Pete said he needed from May , it wasnt a full pre season
which seemed a bit daft
Let me be specific

its like a full first season in league 1/ div 3 for both wilder and previously Bassett

Yes.yes it is.

We finished 11th in League one. (Players aren't good enough for top 6)

We have a reduced budget now (need to remove as many as we can)

Don't really see a great deal of choice?

We have a wheeler and dealer in CW hoping he can get extremely good value for money. That's all our hopes are based on unless we back him financially.

I'd say its a relief more than anything. The only one I'd have kept was Flynn, he's versatile and has talent. He's not going to get us promoted by himself but it's another player we have to sign.

Everything depends how well we do on recruitment now but I'm happy with recent events so I'm looking forward to it.

starting a full season

which seemed a bit daft
Let me be specific

That's a lie. I never made such an argument.

yes you did I said hed had a full pre season you said he hadnt
hed only started mid june you argued that wasnt long enough

Was this around the time you were trying to pretend/lie that he and Clough had been in the job the same amount of time?

You seem to be confusing your own daft arguments.

Was this around the time you were trying to pretend/lie that he and Clough had been in the job the same amount of time?
no your just covering up one of your many sojourns into another reality
you were argueing for arguments sake that he hadnt had long enough to sort it

Back
Top Bottom