9th November.....???

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Surely if we was going to appoint wilder we would wait until we're pretty much down??

Take away the fact that it's Wilder, what has he done since the end of first season in the PL to merit the job?

If it wasn't Wilder we'd never have 'thousands of fans wanting him', even if there probably are given the number of fans we have and given who it is, which means there are also thousands who don't want him back, the poll on here was quite conclusive and is certainly more representative than talking to a few mates who will probably be of a similar age and views.

56 Games in the Championship with Boro and Watford, 21 wins, neither of whom had poor squads. Carrick replaced him at Boro and took the team from relegation positions to the top six and a playoff final.

Not withstanding who he is, I don't think he merits a Premier League job on his current record. We'd be laughing at any other team in the Premier League that took a manager with that recent record replacing one who recently got them promoted and has had a lot to contend with since promotion.

It's nothing like the football played under wilder,one touch, quicker, keeping possession I don't see any of this with hecky.
I’m amazed you think it’s different. The formation and most of the personal are the same. The main problem is the players aren’t good enough in the top flight. They weren’t good enough under wilder from the second season in the prem onwards either. Too good for the championship and set to yo yo for years at this rate. We could do worse than yo yo ing though.

I’m amazed you think it’s different. The formation and most of the personal are the same. The main problem is the players aren’t good enough in the top flight. They weren’t good enough under wilder from the second season in the prem onwards either. Too good for the championship and set to yo yo for years at this rate. We could do worse than yo yo ing though.
JOC isn't here anymore, wasn't in the second season, the impact that had and would have now shouldn't be understated.

Take away the fact that it's Wilder, what has he done since the end of first season in the PL to merit the job?

If it wasn't Wilder we'd never have 'thousands of fans wanting him', even if there probably are given the number of fans we have and given who it is, which means there are also thousands who don't want him back, the poll on here was quite conclusive and is certainly more representative than talking to a few mates who will probably be of a similar age and views.

56 Games in the Championship with Boro and Watford, 21 wins, neither of whom had poor squads. Carrick replaced him at Boro and took the team from relegation positions to the top six and a playoff final.

Not withstanding who he is, I don't think he merits a Premier League job on his current record. We'd be laughing at any other team in the Premier League that took a manager with that recent record replacing one who recently got them promoted and has had a lot to contend with since promotion.
He wouldn't have got another Championship job were it not for a basket case like Watford, let alone Premier League.

He wouldn't have got another Championship job were it not for a basket case like Watford, let alone Premier League.
I could see a team at the bottom end of the Chanpionship gambling on him. But certainly no higher than that.

If they blow it this season and stay down I could see him at somewhere like Portsmouth.

I count what Wilder did with United up to March 7th 2020, any games after that behind closed doors don't count in my eyes.
Oh well that's alright then , because it was only us that it affected, I only count Saturday 3pm kick offs so we currently have 0 points

JOC isn't here anymore, wasn't in the second season, the impact that had and would have now shouldn't be understated.
JOC was a big loss for sure but we got found out in the second season and folks like Fleck, mcburnie, Lunny, moose, Norwood and Egan fell off a cliff. Plus our new signings were terrible.

I count what Wilder did with United up to March 7th 2020, any games after that behind closed doors don't count in my eyes.
That's wild. With no pressure from fans, he picked the same team to play the same style that was providing completely uncompetitive games, 28 times in a row.

Does that not make you think, just a little that he'd hit a ceiling when Moose fell apart and just didn't have a 2nd act at the highest level?

No shame in that, you can't overcome every obstacle and it was certainly a tough time. But I'll never quite get how the man with the safest job in world football sat there and did the same thing over and over rather than trying something new

Lip-read at Palace away when losing again 'I can't do this any more' ...so what's changed?
I absolutely loved what he did for us up to the point where he felt he'd taken us as far as he could, but I really don't think he could replicate anything like that team in time to stop us going down.

Everything has changed

Sorry if already mentioned somewhere....but

Could Wolves on the 4th be Hecky's last game win, lose or draw....?

A few cryptic suggestions about at the weekend on Social Media that Wilder has "commitments" until 9th November when he will be available.....plus;

Knill was at the game on Saturday
Wilder apparently met with the Prince last Monday, (as already mentioned on here)
Twitter post from a guy who spent Saturday with Wilders buddy Wit posting, "hope it goes well for your mate" with a wink emoji and crossed swords......

spose we will see in 2 and a bit weeks....
Can Prince afford to pay Hecky and Co off .... NO ... o what's the point?! Might as well see the season out and maybe Princey has pissed off and sold to somebody whose got some brass.

As I said in an earlier post, I am also sceptical about Wilders return. However, the facts are that if we are sat here after the Brighton game at P12 W0 D1 L11….. we are staring down the barrel of beating Derby’s record. Also, based on recent weeks, the chances are that we’ll lose at least 1 more key player through injury. If that happens, much as I love what Hecky did last season …his position becomes untenable and I think The Prince will act at that point, which is also the next International Break. The Prince will also not be wanting to pay out to steal a manager from another club - so hence where Wilder comes in. I may be wrong…but the signs are very much there.

That's the thing, I don't think thousands want wilder back. Just his brown nosing mates. He showed his true colours and should not ever be considered again. Loved him up to that last season but he was a car crash and he's got worse.

Why should the manager be the only one accountable ? Clearly he bears responsibility but it depends on what instructions, structure and money he is given by the owner/ board.
If the squad is not good enough then it cannot be only the manager responsible. Our displays against the two Manchester clubs and Spurs, would suggest that the player can compete when they put their minds to it, albeit with a skills gap to the opposition.

Of course a manager can't be the only one accountable.
Probably explains why he's still in post because he's been dealt a bad hand, so deserves some sympathy.

But is he getting the best out of the hand he's been dealt with?
A good manager will get the best out of any team, he'll make them organised, give them structure and make them give full effort.

Hecky hasn't been doing this, it's as though he's packed in, lost belief, so the players are following his lead.
(Note: Take back some of the criticism because 1st half against Man Utd we finally showed the minimum level I expected)
Play like that every game and I'll be proud, won't even matter if we lose because we're going it a go. Felt happier even though we lost to Man Utd.

Obviously what you see as competing can only be based on the result. 2 narrow defeats by Man City and Spurs, on paper looks respectable.
However I class competing as watching an evenly contested game. Where there's regular action in both penalty areas.

The truth is we were outclassed by both Man City and Spurs, how can that be considered as competing when we hardly ventured in the opponents half.

Man City had 80% possession against us, most of the game we had every player back in defence and just booted it clear straight back to Man City.
Man City incredibly had 30 shots against us, missed a penalty and loads of easy chances, another day they win 5-0.
Spurs only had 28 shots against us, with 70% possession, again on another day they win 4 -0.
We looked miles away from Man City and Spurs level, even Everton looked better than us in general play, altho we created decent chances.

Agree but our fans never learn from previous mistakes.

Many wanted us to force N'Diaye to honour his contract in the same way, not realising that when players have decided they are leaving
they don't try as hard, lose confidence and form. Their lack of enthusiasm/interest can effect the other players.

If N'Diaye and Berge wanted out then it's best to get rid and we got a decent price for them too.

Many wanted us to force N'Diaye to honour his contract in the same way, not realising that when players have decided they are leaving
they don't try as hard, lose confidence and form. Their lack of enthusiasm/interest can effect the other players.

If N'Diaye and Berge wanted out then it's best to get rid and we got a decent price for them too.
Then why are we relying on Wes, Baldock, Bogle, Bash, JLT, Lowe, Osborn, Norwood, Fleck, McBurnie etc?

But also, I’m not sure what the fans opinions on n this has to do with Wilder quotes? (Sorry for the 2 replies)

If Wilder merited a PL job then we wouldn't be getting him.
The Prince would have to pay off Hecky, it's looking more and more like we're 100% down and might break the records as having the worse PL team in history if we keep Hecky, we'll be a laughing stock where opposition teams don't have to try against us and opposition fans pity us.

The Prince is hoping to sell, so can't see him making a financial commitment slashing the cash on a 3 or 4 year contract.
His logic will probably be....Wilder has shown he can perform incredible miracles....more difficult that keeping this team up.
So it's a low risk/ low cost/ high reward gamble by offering Wilder a 8 month contract insisting he works with McCall and Lester.

If we're 100% down with Hecky then what do we have to lose?
At least with Wilder we're guaranteed regular Man Utd 1st half type performances, may still go down but at least we go down fighting.
Next season we might have new owners and probably a new manager with a fresh start.

Note: I'm not writing off Hecky yet...that Man Utd 1st half was like the old Sheff Utd we know and love.
More of that in the next few games and I'll want his to stay. Not enthusiastic about Wilder but I never was when we appointed him in league 1 either
and look how that turned out.

Then why are we relying on Wes, Baldock, Bogle, Bash, JLT, Lowe, Osborn, Norwood, Fleck, McBurnie etc?

Yeh fair comment, it's a bit of a mess, the Prince can always use the excuse he's selling the club but it's taking far too long.

Basically until the club is sold where in a state of limbo where no one knows whether they are coming or going.

Yeh fair comment, it's a bit of a mess, the Prince can always use the excuse he's selling the club but it's taking far too long.

Basically until the club is sold where in a state of limbo where no one knows whether they are coming or going.
That is the situation today, but just like the tides, everything changes on a daily basis. Our biggest concern is what a state we might be in tomorrow, and who has to deal with it.

Most of our issues come down to the fact that the club is not managed correctly! The Prince signed off on a squad that looks useful enough on paper, and told Hecky to get on with it.

Poor communication with supporters is responsible for the rest. The Prince chose to communicate through a friend, and going live on a fan media site. I don’t expect to be kept up to date on individual players, but the footballing direction of the club is the managers remit, not the owners job.

Hecky will want to play his cards close to his chest for obvious reasons, but he is not helped by an owner who decides to use less formal methods of communication.

We are left with speculation and interpretation. What did the Prince say? What did Darren interpret that as meaning?

Few people understand the day to day intricacies of how the club is managed, and those that do are bound by the confidentiality required by the owner.

Club communications are seriously screwed up by an owner who says little and means even less.

Too many people hiding behind an informal ownership model that gets lost in translation because of how badly the message is delivered.

If there is an injury crisis, what is being done to understand and manage that crisis. Is the answer looked at in isolation, or is it an EPL/EFL study that we are obliged to deal with?

It’s bad enough that decent players can’t gel and produce EPL quality performances, but to remove blokes who don’t seem good enough for this league, due to constant injuries, is another. Hecky’s hands tied behind his back, and the fans ill informed by sloppy amateurish communications!

Wilder. Thanks for the amazing memories

But as an appointment now? Can we please just let this era die and start on whatever comes next?
The era needs changing there’s one man for this. Wilder.

Wilder isn't a PL Manager. We don't want Wilderball back.

Hecky is doing the best with what he has been given which is a big fat zero. Every game is like a cup game of underdog v PL team. Players need to fight for their team to the last breath. 10+ players down doesn't help either. We need a miracle and it ain't Wilder

Oh well that's alright then , because it was only us that it affected, I only count Saturday 3pm kick offs so we currently have 0 points

That's wild. With no pressure from fans, he picked the same team to play the same style that was providing completely uncompetitive games, 28 times in a row.

Does that not make you think, just a little that he'd hit a ceiling when Moose fell apart and just didn't have a 2nd act at the highest level?

No shame in that, you can't overcome every obstacle and it was certainly a tough time. But I'll never quite get how the man with the safest job in world football sat there and did the same thing over and over rather than trying something new

I was battling the bottle in lockdown so any matches I did see I can't recall, season we got relegated I saw 3 games ar the starr.

So for me I only count what I saw, Norwich was the last game I went to hence the comment.

Poor Hecky

Prob worst pre season for any prem team , his star players sold , incomings mostly gambles and arriving late due to lack of funds .

Losing only 2-1 to Man C , Man U , Spurs , Forest - 2-2 with Everton - 1-0 at home v Palace when he had to put out a top end Div 1 team - the disaster when all the cling film came off V Newcastle and then trying to build up the fragility of confidence v W ham & Fulham to get them to a place where we bettered Man U for 45 mins .

All this whilst we continue to have unprecedented injuries - yet with a little more luck we could be in 7/8 points.

And he still gets hammered

Not his fault - Peo wouldn’t do any better imo

And some people want Wikder back - ffs

Back
Top Bottom