9th November.....???

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Torrix1889

A reight Bobby Dazzler
Reaction score
Sorry if already mentioned somewhere....but

Could Wolves on the 4th be Hecky's last game win, lose or draw....?

A few cryptic suggestions about at the weekend on Social Media that Wilder has "commitments" until 9th November when he will be available.....plus;

Knill was at the game on Saturday
Wilder apparently met with the Prince last Monday, (as already mentioned on here)
Twitter post from a guy who spent Saturday with Wilders buddy Wit posting, "hope it goes well for your mate" with a wink emoji and crossed swords......

spose we will see in 2 and a bit weeks....

It would be a bit silly to set a date based on someone else’s availability.

What if we beat Arsenal and Wolves? It’s unlikely but that puts us right back in it, at that point is CW to fuck off again?

Hecky will be fired on performances, not timelines I’d assume.

To me it’s how long the board want to put up with zero results and save some face.

It would be a bit silly to set a date based on someone else’s availability.

What if we beat Arsenal and Wolves? It’s unlikely but that puts us right back in it, at that point is CW to fuck off again?

Hecky will be fired on performances, not timelines I’d assume.

To me it’s how long the board want to put up with zero results and save some face.

I'm not sure we'll be beating Arsenal.

Really hope not! I absolutely don't want Wilder back at the Lane. Been there, done it. It didn't end happily.

He's a candidate of being the best manager we've had in our recent history, probably Bassett beats him, also was impressed with Kendall too.
Cheltenham are currently bottom of league 1. Imagine taking a club from bottom of league 1 to
in less than 4 years later having that team challenging for a Champions League place with hardly any real money and mainly lower division players.

Not many managers have ever performed miracles. I'd say taking that Nigel Adkins team to challenging for a Champions League spot was a bigger miracle than Ranieri at Leicester winning the Premier League.

Agree 2nd time around (in anything) tend not to be successful, so even I have doubts
but I'm highly confident we'd quickly see an noticeable improvement. The players will look more coached
and play to a structure and tactics, they'll definitely try harder too. With Wilder we might not win but we'll almost always compete.
Most games will be like the 1st half against Man United.

I'd prefer to keep Hecky but the level of performance has been shocking. Knew we'd probably go down but never expected
us to challenge the record for being the worse team to ever appear in the 30 year history of the Premier League.
A manager must be accountable otherwise what's the point?

The Man Utd 1st half gives us a glimmer of home, if Hecky replicates that and uses it as a spring board I'd be happy.
However if we continue to not even compete and almost start games raising the white flag then it becomes embarrassing.
Lose or get outclassed by Wolves and/or Bournemouth and surely the Prince will think he has nothing to lose....by changing the manager.

I'm not sure we'll be beating Arsenal.

A managers position should never be based on results.
Remember Wilder once saying he can never legislate for results but he can promise acceptable performances where every player
knows their role and plays for the badge.

If we compete with Arsenal, have the odd attack, have the odd shot and cause some threat but lose 1-0, then I'll be happy, it's a good sign.
My issues is if Arsenal have 85% possession, we put all our players in defence and just boot it clear upfield like we're a league 2 side.
If we rarely venture into Arsenal's half and have just 2 or 3 shots in the whole game, then that is not acceptable.

We might be totally dominated and totally outclassed but fluke a 0-0 draw or 1-0 win.
Our fans will be delighted, some will even say, Hecky is brilliant
but think we need to look at the bigger picture.....performances offer an insight regards future results.

He's a candidate of being the best manager we've had in our recent history, probably Bassett beats him, also was impressed with Kendall too.
Cheltenham are currently bottom of league 1. Imagine taking a club from bottom of league 1 to
in less than 4 years later having that team challenging for a Champions League place with hardly any real money and mainly lower division players.

Not many managers have ever performed miracles. I'd say taking that Nigel Adkins team to challenging for a Champions League spot was a bigger miracle than Ranieri at Leicester winning the Premier League.

Agree 2nd time around (in anything) tend not to be successful, so even I have doubts
but I'm highly confident we'd quickly see an noticeable improvement. The players will look more coached
and play to a structure and tactics, they'll definitely try harder too. With Wilder we might not win but we'll almost always compete.
Most games will be like the 1st half against Man United.

I'd prefer to keep Hecky but the level of performance has been shocking. Knew we'd probably go down but never expected
us to challenge the record for being the worse team to ever appear in the 30 year history of the Premier League.
A manager must be accountable otherwise what's the point?

The Man Utd 1st half gives us a glimmer of home, if Hecky replicates that and uses it as a spring board I'd be happy.
However if we continue to not even compete and almost start games raising the white flag then it becomes embarrassing.
Lose or get outclassed by Wolves and/or Bournemouth and surely the Prince will think he has nothing to lose....by changing the manager.
Why should the manager be the only one accountable ? Clearly he bears responsibility but it depends on what instructions, structure and money he is given by the owner/ board.
If the squad is not good enough then it cannot be only the manager responsible. Our displays against the two Manchester clubs and Spurs, would suggest that the player can compete when they put their minds to it, albeit with a skills gap to the opposition.

Remember Wilder once saying he can never legislate for results but he can promise acceptable performances where every player
knows their role and plays for the badge.

Wilder promised a lot of things, and some of those promises weren't kept.
Not sure how he could promise acceptable performances with a team decimated by injuries - he can't make wholesale changes because we don't have anyone to bring in.

Lip-read at Palace away when losing again 'I can't do this any more' ...so what's changed?
I absolutely loved what he did for us up to the point where he felt he'd taken us as far as he could, but I really don't think he could replicate anything like that team in time to stop us going down.
Middle of lockdown has changed to be fair. I can understand the toll being even more of a hard thing to cope with with a lot of forms of escape shut or limited

I’m also sceptical about Wilder returning. However, Covid was a difficult & strange time for many people & I genuinely think it affected him & the way he managed us then. We went from full house crowds & Wilder & the team in ‘everyone’s face’ particularly at home matches …..to matches behind close doors that felt like practice matches. Totally alien to Wlider not having a ‘rocking/intimidating’ Bramall Lane behind him. So if the Prince does decide to make a change….Maybe, just maybe, he might get his mojo back! The atmosphere at his first game back in charge would certainly be lively!

From the few of you on here saying no ,there's thousands more that go to the lane who would accept him back in a heartbeat, me included .
You speak for them all, do you? Who appointed you to do that?

I know quite a lot of Blades. A small percentage of them would take Wilder back. The vast majority don’t want him anywhere near the place. But that’s not representative either.

The poll on here suggests that you’re wrong, though.

You speak for them all, do you? Who appointed you to do that?

I know quite a lot of Blades. A small percentage of them would take Wilder back. The vast majority don’t want him anywhere near the place. But that’s not representative either.

The poll on here suggests that you’re wrong, though.
am not getting involved in a tit for tat with you mate have seen most of your condescending response to posters, have a good evening

From the few of you on here saying no ,there's thousands more that go to the lane who would accept him back in a heartbeat, me included .
It's not a personal thing with Wilder. If that money wasn't due to him contractually, he wouldn't have gotten it. Blame whoever gave in to those demands.

I just think he caught lightning in a bottle (at top level) and it won't be repeated. It's just a PR exercise to try and paper over the cracks of the club being unable to secure either a buyer or investment.

The era is over. Let's move on ffs.

Imagine finally getting rid of 3-5-2 ... just to go back to it in a couple weeks time.

Foreign players might as well start packing their bags as well.

#ThisWillNotEndWell

You could be right,in my circle of mates who have been going for fifty years, have had enough of heckyball and would give Chris the chance to redeem himself, wait to see if it happens.
You realise Heckyball is just Wilderball but with a few different players?

A few cryptic suggestions about at the weekend on Social Media that Wilder has "commitments" until 9th November when he will be available.....plus;

Wilder apparently met with the Prince last Monday, (as already mentioned on here)
Twitter post from a guy who spent Saturday with Wilders buddy Wit posting, "hope it goes well for your mate" with a wink emoji and crossed swords......

Hope not - I was hoping he'd get his P45 today.

Well for me he can fuck right off.

Back
Top Bottom