9th November.....???

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I was battling the bottle in lockdown so any matches I did see I can't recall, season we got relegated I saw 3 games ar the starr.

So for me I only count what I saw, Norwich was the last game I went to hence the comment.
Lockdown was shit. Hope you're in a better place

I’ve heard the contractors can only get the side door fitted for this date, CW has banned the use of the front and back door.

If Wilder merited a PL job then we wouldn't be getting him.
The Prince would have to pay off Hecky, it's looking more and more like we're 100% down and might break the records as having the worse PL team in history if we keep Hecky, we'll be a laughing stock where opposition teams don't have to try against us and opposition fans pity us.

The Prince is hoping to sell, so can't see him making a financial commitment slashing the cash on a 3 or 4 year contract.
His logic will probably be....Wilder has shown he can perform incredible miracles....more difficult that keeping this team up.
So it's a low risk/ low cost/ high reward gamble by offering Wilder a 8 month contract insisting he works with McCall and Lester.

If we're 100% down with Hecky then what do we have to lose?
At least with Wilder we're guaranteed regular Man Utd 1st half type performances, may still go down but at least we go down fighting.
Next season we might have new owners and probably a new manager with a fresh start.

Note: I'm not writing off Hecky yet...that Man Utd 1st half was like the old Sheff Utd we know and love.
More of that in the next few games and I'll want his to stay. Not enthusiastic about Wilder but I never was when we appointed him in league 1 either
and look how that turned out.
I suspect your reasoning behind the Prince possibly wanting Wilder back is correct, and also he probably thinks it would be a popular move amongst the fans, it wouldn't, he will get support from everyone but it's clear a large number don't see replacing Hecky with Wilder as a step forward.

You say low risk, I don't think it is. Not only would it split the fans unless he does work another miracle, which given his recent track record is unlikely and let's face it, the players are struggling and would do with any manager plus the injuries and the sheer issue of playing against teams who can bring on international subs who cost tens of millions, but who would you think is more likely to get us back up next season when we do go down? I'd much prefer to have Hecky.

I loved Wilder, some of the best seasons in my 50 years of watching us, but that last season, the very poor signings, the attitude and way he left has left a slightly sour taste tbh. Part of me doesn't want him back because I still want to associate him with the brilliant times. If he comes back and it doesn't go well he'll more likely be remembered for that and the final season last time which would be a shame.

I doubt anyone thinks Hecky is perfect. He's made plenty of mistakes. Poor substitutions, the débâcle against Newcastle etc. but realistically I'm not sure anyone could really do better with the current squad and issues. We're just in a league where 90% of the teams have far better resources. We're on a par with Burnley and Luton and that's it. This season has really shown how big the gap is, and unless you spend like Forest have it is becoming almost impossible to overcome.

I actually think the three teams that got relegated are all better than the teams that got promoted. Look at some of the players in those teams and how much some have been sold for. We couldn't afford even one of them and they wouldn't sign for us, we couldn't afford the wages if nothing else. The teams that came up were good well drilled teams, with maybe one or two exceptional players. That's not enough now in the Premier League and we haven't, and shouldn't, spend to try to cross the gap, putting the whole future of the club at risk.

I don't particularly want him back, but only because it'd risk taking the shine off his Lane Legend status - and seems like with most of you lot that already happened when he left.

If he does come back, I'll get right behind him, and the same goes for anyone else that might come along.

Except Megson.

I’m up for him coming back at this point, never thought I would be but we’ve got to try something, on a short contract I can’t see what we’ve got to lose at the minute as I’m not convinced in hecky and
McCall next season anyway, we weren’t good last season regardless of the league position and no ndiaye to carry us next time.

I’m amazed you think it’s different. The formation and most of the personal are the same. The main problem is the players aren’t good enough in the top flight. They weren’t good enough under wilder from the second season in the prem onwards either. Too good for the championship and set to yo yo for years at this rate. We could do worse than yo yo ing though.
How did the players go from good enough in the first PL season to not good enough in the second? Aren't they either good enough or not?

We never had a PL quality team, they massively overperformed in the first season and slightly underperformed in the second.

The football is different as Hecky gives the players far more freedom, Wilder had automatisms the players followed in every phase of the game.

How did the players go from good enough in the first PL season to not good enough in the second? Aren't they either good enough or not?

We never had a PL quality team, they massively overperformed in the first season and slightly underperformed in the second.

The football is different as Hecky gives the players far more freedom, Wilder had automatisms the players followed in every phase of the game.
In my opinion, we got found out in the second season. We were winning lots of games 1-0 in the first season and started to lose those games 0-1 or 1-2 in the second season. Plus the loss of JOC, lots of players form waned and our new signings like Brewster were awful.

I’m up for him coming back at this point, never thought I would be but we’ve got to try something, on a short contract I can’t see what we’ve got to lose at the minute as I’m not convinced in hecky and
McCall next season anyway, we weren’t good last season regardless of the league position and no ndiaye to carry us next time.
If you can’t see what we’ve got to lose then go ahead. We will lose the reutation we have earned for being financially sound as a club.

Wilder still needs paying. Hecky needs to be paid off and Wider will demand money for the JTW.

All financial losses we don’t need on top of Injuries and contract issues. I’m betting Berge and Ndiaye are still owed promotion bonuses from last year too.

The club only benefits if Wilder keeps our EPL status, and that will get him a bonus. The club pays out again! All that money we don’t have means no new owner, and no manager.

I’m a serious Hecky supporter but we all know where that leaves us. Relegated, but financially sound with a manager who knows the club, and the Championship. I know PH has weaknesses but the second tier with relegation bonuses isn’t one of them.

Injuries will get worse before performances get better. Wider screwed his reputation and ours. Don’t let him do it again at our expense.

Sorry if already mentioned somewhere....but

Could Wolves on the 4th be Hecky's last game win, lose or draw....?

A few cryptic suggestions about at the weekend on Social Media that Wilder has "commitments" until 9th November when he will be available.....plus;

Knill was at the game on Saturday
Wilder apparently met with the Prince last Monday, (as already mentioned on here)
Twitter post from a guy who spent Saturday with Wilders buddy Wit posting, "hope it goes well for your mate" with a wink emoji and crossed swords......

spose we will see in 2 and a bit weeks....
Wilder was in The Manor on satdy, but so was Bassett and Agana, amongst others, maybe were having a recruitment drive!!.....🤣

I don't particularly want him back, but only because it'd risk taking the shine off his Lane Legend status - and seems like with most of you lot that already happened when he left.

If he does come back, I'll get right behind him, and the same goes for anyone else that might come along.

Except Megson.

I think this! Some fans turned on him and took away his gloss. Now he wants it back.

Of course a manager can't be the only one accountable.
Probably explains why he's still in post because he's been dealt a bad hand, so deserves some sympathy.

But is he getting the best out of the hand he's been dealt with?
A good manager will get the best out of any team, he'll make them organised, give them structure and make them give full effort.

Hecky hasn't been doing this, it's as though he's packed in, lost belief, so the players are following his lead.
(Note: Take back some of the criticism because 1st half against Man Utd we finally showed the minimum level I expected)
Play like that every game and I'll be proud, won't even matter if we lose because we're going it a go. Felt happier even though we lost to Man Utd.

Obviously what you see as competing can only be based on the result. 2 narrow defeats by Man City and Spurs, on paper looks respectable.
However I class competing as watching an evenly contested game. Where there's regular action in both penalty areas.

The truth is we were outclassed by both Man City and Spurs, how can that be considered as competing when we hardly ventured in the opponents half.

Man City had 80% possession against us, most of the game we had every player back in defence and just booted it clear straight back to Man City.
Man City incredibly had 30 shots against us, missed a penalty and loads of easy chances, another day they win 5-0.
Spurs only had 28 shots against us, with 70% possession, again on another day they win 4 -0.
We looked miles away from Man City and Spurs level, even Everton looked better than us in general play, altho we created decent chances.
I fully acknowledge that we are way out of the class of at least 8 sides in this league. What counts now is how we perform against the other 10/11.
If we cannot compete and gain at least 7/8 wins then we are truly out of our depth and quite rightly relegated.

we have a Small Squad half of them injured, and only four fit defenders correct me if I'm wrong on that. Heckys hands are tied; there is no money to bring new players in. so what good will a change of manager do in January? Sir Cris left because the prince did not have the money to buy new players or did not want to spend his money. I am not sure if that is true I'm surmising, to be honest. Against a very poor Manchester United, we played great in the first half, but poor in the second half. after ten min in the second half, our players looked tired and did not attack just stayed back I am not saying they gave up. what frustrates me is Man Utd was there for the taking. One thing I would say being a blade since 1966. apart from 1970 to 1976 and the Dave Bassett era we have always been let down by the board of directors-selling our best players for peanuts or unwilling to buy players that may keep us in the top division. been down to the old fourth division and back.I don't like the situation we are in. You could say I should be used to it. But I can't help it i was born into a family of Blades. I will keep going of course. hope it gets better so fingers crossed.

At the end of the day, who do we fancy gives us the best chance of finishing above Derby’s record?… We’re fucked either way.

after ten min in the second half, our players looked tired and did not attack just stayed back I am not saying they gave up. what frustrates me is Man Utd was there for the taking. One thing I would say being a blade since 1966. apart from 1970 to 1976 and the Dave Bassett era we have always been let down by the board of directors-selling our best players for peanuts or unwilling to buy players that may keep us in the top division.
We WERE let down by the board between 1970 and 1976 also during the Dave Bassett era. The board were generous between 1981 and 1986 also 1996 and 1997

Poor Hecky

Prob worst pre season for any prem team , his star players sold , incomings mostly gambles and arriving late due to lack of funds .

Losing only 2-1 to Man C , Man U , Spurs , Forest - 2-2 with Everton - 1-0 at home v Palace when he had to put out a top end Div 1 team - the disaster when all the cling film came off V Newcastle and then trying to build up the fragility of confidence v W ham & Fulham to get them to a place where we bettered Man U for 45 mins .

All this whilst we continue to have unprecedented injuries - yet with a little more luck we could be in 7/8 points.

And he still gets hammered

Not his fault - Peo wouldn’t do any better imo

And some people want Wikder back - ffs
Bit of angry finger typing B4 but totally agree

Another thought.

Maybe we are still paying Wilder? Or owe him money from his pay off.

Perhaps old pauper prince is stooping to new lows because he feels he has to move Hecky on but hasn’t the cash to give him it in a lump.
So in paying both now he can just drop Wilder in, move Hecky to the reserves again and he’s no worse off short term.

Might be miles off, but struggling to understand how something that went so wrong could suddenly all be ok again and start again. Might just be that there is nobody who’s currently unemployed wi would be better.

I think we all know Wilder has an ego problem. So I don't want him back because of this. He needs to take a good long look at himself and realise what his life is about. If he is a true blade, then that comes first, like the rest of us. But actually, he thinks of his image and future ahead of this. Sort thi sen out Chris!
Hecky, a great manager for us, but out of his depth now. Tactically naive.
We need someone new, I have said someone like Carrick many times. Young, intelligent, tactically secure and a great motivator.
It is not rocket science, the right manager can turn a club's fortune overnight. We've seen it so many times.
Stop bemoaning our luck, preseason, injuries, transfers, whatever! We did trouble Spurs, Citeh, Manure for long periods. I still think we are better than 3 other club's in EPL, then build from there.
PA needs to get his head out of his arse and sort this out if he has any financial nous at all. To sit there and hold his hands in the air, and pray for a miracle is not good enough. Its his asset that is plunging.
This is our blades, our club and we deserve better all round. UTB

So first we had to wait until September first now we have to wait until November 9th then it will be February 1st and next thing it will be the end of the season.. FFS just move on Jesus Christ it’s pathetic

Back
Top Bottom