23/24 Squad Numbers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Has anyone seen Coulibaly this summer? Can't recall seeing him in any club photos so far, but may have missed it (not usually one I look out for).

Numbers available 1-30 and the last owner of those shirts are as follows:

3 (Stevens) LOWE
5 (O'Connell)
10 (Sharp)
11 (Khadra)
14 (Burke)
21 (Verrips)
22 (Doyle)
24 (Hourihane)
25 (Guedioura) SLIMANE
26 (Clark)
27 (Gibbs-White)
28 (McAtee)
Looks like a couple above have been taken.

Larouchi has had #20 on, but that's Bogle.

Are we going to announce them today? Might give an inkling as to who might still be signed; if 8, 10 etc. are left vacant

Are we going to announce them today? Might give an inkling as to who might still be signed; if 8, 10 etc. are left vacant
Unless Hamer keeps the number 38 he had at Coventry, he should get the number 8 shirt.

Tommy Doyle had the number 22 shirt at Cardiff and some players do prefer to keep the same shirt numbers at each club when they can.

Unlucky this lad.

He always picks up an injury at the wrong time.

Last season it was beginning of the season after doing well in pre-season and when Doyle was injured and McAtee hadn’t joined. He would definitely have been up there getting game time.

This time, we are short at the start once more and he’s not kicked a bloody ball.

Hopefully he gets a chance at some point to show what he can do.

The size of the squad is I believe 25 plus any player under the age of 21. Which means that we can now bring in two additional players assuming they over 21 before we exceed the limitations on size of squad.
changes can I believe be made up to the end of the transfer window.
if things were to stay as they are we can only bring in another 2 players over the age of 21.
interestingly that we have four keepers yet no room for Neal, who I would have expected to be on the bench tomorrow

Four goalkeepers 😯
8,10 and 22 👀🤞

We really like to stick to the status quo with numbers don't we

Obviously Egan hasn't earned anything better than 12 yet

Wasting number 4 and 6 on players who'll never play, just 'out of respect'

Effectively having no number 1..... despite having an obvious number 1

Anybody would look at our 1 to 10 and think we're championship relegation battlers

Wish we'd just give the appropriate numbers to the appropriate players. It's a better look and respects tradition

We really like to stick to the status quo with numbers don't we

Obviously Egan hasn't earned anything better than 12 yet

Wasting number 4 and 6 on players who'll never play, just 'out of respect'

Effectively having no number 1..... despite having an obvious number 1

Anybody would look at our 1 to 10 and think we're championship relegation battlers

Wish we'd just give the appropriate numbers to the appropriate players. It's a better look and respects tradition
Squad numbers came in in 1993. How many of our squad were alive then? Basham was 5, Egan was 1. I don’t think it matters these days, much as it irks me when the first choice keeper isn’t number 1. Some players just like certain numbers. Johan Cruyff wore 14 for a lot of his career, and that was in the 70s. And traditions change.

I get what you mean with the numbers not changing though. In years past we seemed to change the numbers more. Monty had five different shirt numbers, Warnock kept chopping and changing.

I’m sure superstition will play a part with some players. If you have a good season with a number, then I assume they don’t want to risk changing and then having bad luck.

A few numbers I always thought were a bit strange at other clubs. Declan Rice with 41 and Phil Foden with 47, you’d expect them both to go for a lower number after their breakthrough seasons but they’ve stayed with theirs.

I’m sure superstition will play a part with some players. If you have a good season with a number, then I assume they don’t want to risk changing and then having bad luck.

A few numbers I always thought were a bit strange at other clubs. Declan Rice with 41 and Phil Foden with 47, you’d expect them both to go for a lower number after their breakthrough seasons but they’ve stayed with theirs.
Donnarumma - 99
Ballotelli - 45
Alexander-Arnold - 66

There's far too much garbage like that

I hope we're not one of the clubs who'd allow such numbers

Should have at least 7 or 8 of the first 11 numbered 1-11. But we seem to be aiming for double digits all across the pitch. Today it'll just be Baldock and Lowe between 1-11

I noticed last night that Foden has 47 tattooed on his neck. Obviously means a lot to him!

There's far too much garbage like that

I hope we're not one of the clubs who'd allow such numbers

Should have at least 7 or 8 of the first 11 numbered 1-11. But we seem to be aiming for double digits all across the pitch. Today it'll just be Baldock and Lowe between 1-11
Personally I hope we retire the numbers 8 and 29 out of respect to Berge and Ndiaye.;)

Back
Top Bottom