23/24 Squad Numbers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Dougie

Reaction score
The most important part of the summer is almost upon us... Max Lowe looks to be taking 3 and Fleck still has 4 on his training gear despite probably playing a bit-part role. Surely Davies can't keep No.1 in the PL, but Wes seems wedded to the 18. Could Davies take Lowe's 13? Anel or Egan to 5? Ndiaye to the 10? Bring it on...

I'm guessing there are training photos somewhere then or are you at Shirecliffe?

And Wes in the 18

Thanks. Fleck never quite looks like he's busting it in training does he ?

A gentle jog thinking, I'll work on my fitness proper in the pre season matches

McBurnie looks like he's been training well during the break, be nice to see him muscle up a bit though.

Squad numbers are just numbers, nothing really important or worth getting excited over.

Squad numbers are just numbers, nothing really important or worth getting excited over.
They are just numbers and we don't tend to change them much, so Fleck and Wes being unchanged doesn't tell you anything about their status in the squad, but Lowe getting his changed to the first choice left back number rather than it being kept for a new signing or given to Norrington-Davis is noteworthy, even if he ultimately gets Chris Husseyed after a few games.

The most important part of the summer is almost upon us... Max Lowe looks to be taking 3 and Fleck still has 4 on his training gear despite probably playing a bit-part role. Surely Davies can't keep No.1 in the PL, but Wes seems wedded to the 18. Could Davies take Lowe's 13? Anel or Egan to 5? Ndiaye to the 10? Bring it on...

Anel had #15 at Malmo (as here) and #5 at Bordeaux
Egan wears #5 for Ireland. But... he's had #12 since he signed for us though so may want to stay at #12

Lowe should rightly take the #3 shirt

#10 is Ndiaye's if he wants it i'd guess.

Numbers available 1-30 and the last owner of those shirts are as follows:

3 (Stevens)
5 (O'Connell)
10 (Sharp)
11 (Khadra)
14 (Burke)
21 (Verrips)
22 (Doyle)
24 (Hourihane)
25 (Guedioura)
26 (Clark)
27 (Gibbs-White)
28 (McAtee)

I'm a bit anal when it comes to squad numbers. In a standard 4-4-2 formation, I would have the numbers corresponding to positions, so 2, 12, 22, 32 would all be Right Backs.

GK - 1 & 13

RB - 2, 12, 22
LB - 3, 23, 33
LCB - 5, 15, 25
RCB - 6, 16, 26

DM - 4, 14, 24
AM - 8, 18, 28

RM - 7, 17, 27
LM - 11, 21, 31

CF - 9, 19, 29
CF - 10, 20, 30

In a 3-5-2 formation, this throws #7 and #11 totally out though

We're in the habit of not changing them no matter what

Would much rather RND be 3 than Lowe

Fleck and Basham shouldn't continue to take up two prominent numbers like 4 and 6. Anel should take one of them

Knowing how superstitious ice hockey players are I think it probably goes the same with most athletes so most of it is probably down to a "I've had that number since I was young" or "I've had that number since I've been here" and "I'm not risking changing it" kind of mentality.

I'll worry about the allocation of squad numbers once we have a full squad to allocate them to.

On second thoughts, maybe I won't.

I'm a bit anal when it comes to squad numbers. In a standard 4-4-2 formation, I would have the numbers corresponding to positions, so 2, 12, 22, 32 would all be Right Backs.

GK - 1 & 13

RB - 2, 12, 22
LB - 3, 23, 33
LCB - 5, 15, 25
RCB - 6, 16, 26

DM - 4, 14, 24
AM - 8, 18, 28

RM - 7, 17, 27
LM - 11, 21, 31

CF - 9, 19, 29
CF - 10, 20, 30

In a 3-5-2 formation, this throws #7 and #11 totally out though
Oh dear. Don’t look too closely when we kick off the first match !!

Anis taking #25 on his training gear, his previous number elsewhere

Surely Traore takes 11? Would love to see Ndiaye 10 and also Anel 5 but he seems pretty set on 15

Back
Top Bottom