23/24 season kit thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A combination of watching minimalist docu's on Netflix, and a love of early 90s designs (to the extent, anything that isn't as good as that, why would I want it!?), means they've got to be extra special to make me want to buy....

Will need to see it in person, and how the sponsor looks, but the goalie top might be it....!!🤍

Do you think it'll actually have Errea and Blades badge on? They don't in the pictures.

I'd kind of like to order one for my boy, but the pictures look crap, just a striped shirt...
Yeah they do, they’re just not allowed to advertise them with the badge and kit manufacturer on

Aye
All they have to do is read this thread - sorted

I think many seasons ago they stuck half a dozen shirt designs on the website and asked fans to choose one

Unfortunately, that can be open to anyone having a say, but if they tied it down to say just season ticket holders ( logging in) at least the fans get an opportunity to feel part of it instead of just a bunch of top office, higher management opinions

Do you know what, when I first saw those red and white stripes on a shirt, I thought, that symbolises the clubs rise to the premier league whilst at the same time Sheffields transformation rooted in steel making to one that thrives creativity, arts, technology and music.

First thing I thought. Incredible what a few stripes can do.

Couldn't agree more!

For me it's all about:

Embodying the spirit of resilience and progress, the ‘Steel City, Rising’ campaign perfectly aligns Sheffield United's journey to the Premier League with the city's transformation. It celebrates the fusion of tradition and modernity, emphasising the club's determination to reach new heights while embracing Sheffield's evolving identity.
Funny how we all see it slightly differently isn't it. I saw it 'Steel city, rising' and thought "Yeah, for one season max, more like steel city risen, steel city being unable to compete, getting it's arse handed to it, barely staying solvent, meandering without a strategic plan and then plummeting again 12 months from now".

Actually, having allowed two hours to pass, I don't think it's that bad at all.

It doesn't compare well to last seasons, but last seasons was my favourite ever kit, so it was always going to be a high bar.

On balance, I think Errea have served us pretty well so far.
In design, not in manufacturing quality.

Kin ell that didn’t take long 😮
It's a race now. Can a professional football club get shirts out that they've had in production for months, beat some sweatshop workers who only found out the design a few hours ago...?

In design, not in manufacturing quality.
If they want upwards of £50 for a product, I want £50+ for the quality of it. You wouldnt dare pay £50 for a top in primark when Hugo Boss are selling tops at the same price. That's essentially what this is. Primark quality at Boss prices.

But they'll sell. Loads will buy em because it's what they do or they're supporting the club or whatever. Wednesday fans were paying £50+ for a made up drinks firm to male theirs. It makes no odds what brand make our shirts.

The keeper kit is terrible. Why would you put a keeper in white?! I feel he might be getting that dirty.

The new kit look pretty poor. Saved, slightly, by striped on the back. Were we paying by the stripe and ran out of money?

Both look cheap, which they very much aren't to buy.

Stripes too wide and that Borbokis shirt as well as the diamond remain two of the shirts that I didn’t buy.

It’s not horrific just not stripey enough for me.the Adidas one with the wider stripes was almost perfect

It looks very cheap from the pics, not that fitted for athletic footballers
But adding more stripes makes it pretty much the same as last seasons.

You can't just add 1 extra stripe or you wouldn't have a central stripe.
Therefore you have to add 2x stripes, which would give it the same amount as last seasons:

1689341814868.png

1689341990816.png
All of a sudden you have the same shirt as last year but with solid sleeves and different collar and cuffs.
I'd say more people would moan at that to be fair

Funny how we all see it slightly differently isn't it. I saw it 'Steel city, rising' and thought "Yeah, for one season max, more like steel city risen, steel city being unable to compete, getting it's arse handed to it, barely staying solvent, meandering without a strategic plan and then plummeting again 12 months from now".

Yeah but it'd be hard to fit all that on a poster 🙂

Come on then blades, let's see your best away kit ideas/concepts

Last edited:
The keeper kit is terrible. Why would you put a keeper in white?! I feel he might be getting that dirty.

The new kit look pretty poor. Saved, slightly, by striped on the back. Were we paying by the stripe and ran out of money?

Both look cheap, which they very much aren't to buy.
Literally so that every time we shut a team out, we can post a load of pictures of his pristine shirt on Twitter, with related gags.

Back
Top Bottom