23/24 season kit thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fucking hell, some people on here just live to moan.

Alright I’m biased because the 98 one was my first ever United shirt and it’s obviously a homage to that. Still, we’ve had so much worse. Anyone remember the Macron days?

Plus, obviously we want a sponsor for the income, but I’d much rather buy a sponsorless version personally.

Think the shirt is fine.
On no level and under no circumstances should a keepers shirt be white though. Ever.

Why? Loads of clubs do it, Forest did it last year. Chelsea don't have a sponsor yet either.
Honestly, should have released for purchase today sponsorless. Instead of this "Blades fans will be able to purchase this season’s new kit from early August. The club will communicate any changes to the kit in due course"

Decent kit it’ll look completely different with fuckin Gala bingo plastered all over the front like

I’ll be ordering mine from china 👍

Would cost nearly £150 for an adult and a child shirt 😳

Not to mention getting getting fallowfield blade on the back

Let me explain with a little more clarity. This is the design given to go in to manufacture the prints are added after so they could change. It's not a Chinese copy because there is nothing to copy. Simply mass produced in China ready for the Asian market or so I'm told. They told me it's 95% accurate as they can recall it, a little like Arsenal have done this year taking all their shirts off sale but we would not be able to absorb that cost. Thank me when it's released 👍
Thank you.

Decent enough kit for me that and I like that promo too 👍

To get kit out but not sorting a sponsor is a tad embarrassing
I remember when we had to sponsor ourselves in 99/00.

Pig fans/Man U fans at school found it hilarious - “hahahaha - you can’t even afford a sponsor”

Not sure they grasped the concept of a sponsor tbh.

I couldn’t give a shit personally. Just an administrative process. Bean counting for the breadheads.

Think the shirt looks better without.

Only acceptable sponsors for me are local breweries or timber merchants.

I used to play in goal.

My Mum used to bollock me saying I had been diving in the mud on purpose after surveying the state I came home in.

She'd have had a fecking embolism If I'd got a white goalie shirt 😅

Good points

• stripes front and back
• pays homage to a classic kit
• looks great with no sponsor (club need to offer this as an option when they go on sale IMO)

Bad points
no stripes on the sleeves, never looks right with solid sleeves.
• shorts are basically last years template, hardly bespoke as promised.
• looks a bit plain when compared to last seasons and especially the limited edition shirt.

Was expecting much more but I don't hate it. Possibly one that will grow on us
This.

Mediocre 6/10 for me. Strange to say it'd probably look better with a sponsor on it

1689332199467.png

Honestly, I really like Wes' top with the white out badge and faint stripes in the shirt. The collar is slightly better too

I really like it. Would have been nice with a collar like the 98 shirt, but it’s a more modern version of that, without.

I really like the reveal video and how it seemed a tribute to the large student population around the Bramall Lane
The cage football scenes were shot at Haines court behind St Mary's church. There's another scene with the girl sat on the wall right the Hallam building on Howard street.
Then there was the curious reference to fans crawling down from Eccy road.
As a black fan and former international student, who began his romance with this club back in 2010 via a Sheffield Hallam Uni discounted ticket to watch Scunthorpe trash us 4 nil at BDTBL, this video ticked a lot of boxes for me.
So many of us students fell in love with the city and never wanted to leave. This shirt is a way to carry that love with us wherever we go.

Back
Top Bottom