2021/22 New Kit Thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My son (13 years old) did a home, away and third with a nod to some old classics

Not perfect and I've had a word about the shoddy collar on the home and a few other things but with a bit of work they could be decent....

Good to see he stuck to the Tufty Club brief but with some of his own artistic flair and throwing in an unexpected gem of a third kit.

That said, tell him he’s grounded until the home collar is proper, the away socks are red, and the yellow is toned down a bit.

Nothing good ever came of:
1. Sashes. it's football, not Miss World.
2. Purple or Pink tops. Just horrible.
3. Red socks and shorts. Socks should ALWAYS be black on the home kit. "It's the law"!
I have spoken. Make it so!
utb

Ps. Only kidding. Just my opinion, but looking forward to seeing the new ones.

My son (13 years old) did a home, away and third with a nod to some old classics

Not perfect and I've had a word about the shoddy collar on the home and a few other things but with a bit of work they could be decent....
2nd and 3rd kit really nice. Second really crisp colours. I like that. 3rd real throwback to a nice prior kit that invited a bit of 'controversy' as it was considered blue.

I'm a bit bored with the home kits and that's not your lad's fault!

Unless the club massively hit the nail on the head I'd actually like them to try something different. Maybe a red sach on a white background like Peru? The diamonds one was a bit of an acquired taste but something a bit off the cuff is needed, I feel. Even the zigzag stripes that Inter used would be a bit of a departure. If only to generate interest for the following season and a clamour for a more traditional home kit!

Edit - just seen the Miss World Sash comment 😂

This past season's home kit was underwhelming. They are almost giving it away on the website now and I'm not remotely attracted to it. The Green looked nice and without being old hat, the pink was a more inclusive kit for female fans though I'm not one of these blokes who won't wear pink shirts to the office! I thought the change strips both looked decent. I just struggled to be drawn to getting a souvenir of such an abject season!

In fact this year I swerved all the official club kits and went for the 1982/83 Brown/yellow replica! Very nicely done by Sheffield Retroshop.

2nd and 3rd kit really nice. Second really crisp colours. I like that. 3rd real throwback to a nice prior kit that invited a bit of 'controversy' as it was considered blue.

I'm a bit bored with the home kits and that's not your lad's fault!

Unless the club massively hit the nail on the head I'd actually like them to try something different. Maybe a red sach on a white background like Peru? The diamonds one was a bit of an acquired taste but something a bit off the cuff is needed, I feel. Even the zigzag stripes that Inter used would be a bit of a departure. If only to generate interest for the following season and a clamour for a more traditional home kit!

Edit - just seen the Miss World Sash comment 😂

This past season's home kit was underwhelming. They are almost giving it away on the website now and I'm not remotely attracted to it. The Green looked nice and without being old hat, the pink was a more inclusive kit for female fans though I'm not one of these blokes who won't wear pink shirts to the office! I thought the change strips both looked decent. I just struggled to be drawn to getting a souvenir of such an abject season!

In fact this year I swerved all the official club kits and went for the 1982/83 Brown/yellow replica! Very nicely done by Sheffield Retroshop.

Last time we tried something different for the home kit, grown men cried over the fact that we had a white shirt with red pinstripes.

Personally I loved it and I’d like to see us try something different, but for the sake of all the angst, toy-throwing out of prams and childish hyperbole about a football shirt we’re probably safer staying with plain stripes.

Why is this not happening? Compelling reasoning HH, left side just put the badge on the pocket. And for the design ponces like mattbianco1 who have an odd obsession with pissing about with the badge, make them Velcro so different ones can be attached. Fuzzy Felt for big kids!
Adidas have form for putting pockets on shirts..

Attachments

• E532C0A4-EF87-4887-BF54-8F9BFD54F7BE.jpeg
    E532C0A4-EF87-4887-BF54-8F9BFD54F7BE.jpeg
    82.9 KB · Views: 17
  • EA1E9DA7-24DE-4FB6-A826-0B8DAEFB4140.jpeg
    EA1E9DA7-24DE-4FB6-A826-0B8DAEFB4140.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • DC2AE079-83D8-467C-8CAE-E0AF812B1B4C.jpeg
    DC2AE079-83D8-467C-8CAE-E0AF812B1B4C.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 17
I refuse to believe the awful pink shirts sold well as you just don't see many people wearing them. Actually that can be said for last seasons home shirt too if you see anyone in a United shirt it tends to be an older one.
If kit suppliers didn't insist on changing the shirts every season it would cut the chances of repetition by 50% but greed seems to rule when it comes to ripping off football fans. Without a doubt some of the best kits we have ever had were made by Umbro in the early 90's with a life span of two years and even those had one or two design faults.
Two years per kit, change the away one in the year that you don’t change the home one. Everyone gets a new kit each year but the value is better when buying either. How it was before, as you say. I bet we’d sell more kits.

Nothing good ever came of:
1. Sashes. it's football, not Miss World.
2. Purple or Pink tops. Just horrible.
3. Red socks and shorts. Socks should ALWAYS be black on the home kit. "It's the law"!
I have spoken. Make it so!
utb

Ps. Only kidding. Just my opinion, but looking forward to seeing the new ones.

Wrong on all points. Sash kits are great, the pink kit was great, and while I agree never red for home socks, white are better than black.

Just my opinion.

Only kidding. It’s FACTS.

Two years per kit, change the away one in the year that you don’t change the home one. Everyone gets a new kit each year but the value is better when buying either. How it was before, as you say. I bet we’d sell more kits.

Never gonna happen. They will always make more money putting both out every year. The handful of cheapskates (including me) who ‘might’ consider a kit if it lasts more than a year won’t be double (or even 50%) of how many they already shift.

It’s rubbish though, it was always better when they did the alternating thing. As well as value for money, the kits ended up having more of an identity with the club… or maybe I’m romanticising it.

Wrong on all points. Sash kits are great, the pink kit was great, and while I agree never red for home socks, white are better than black.

Just my opinion.

Only kidding. It’s FACTS.

Never gonna happen. They will always make more money putting both out every year. The handful of cheapskates (including me) who ‘might’ consider a kit if it lasts more than a year won’t be double (or even 50%) of how many they already shift.

It’s rubbish though, it was always better when they did the alternating thing. As well as value for money, the kits ended up having more of an identity with the club… or maybe I’m romanticising it.
Having a kit for just a season means it no longer has the chance of redemption, all of last years are tarnished.
The 87-90 candy stripe home shirt had a relegation in the first year then two successive promotions.

Well last year DH Gate seemed to know before everyone else. Could they be right again? They’re saying these are the 21/22 kits

They're actually terrible. Why not consult with the fans or do some research?

Love the yellow kit with the red trim, I'd love to see that as our away strip!

Top work from junior DB.👌

Now these would be amazing 👍🏻

"Now, ladies and gentleman, put your hands together and welcome to the stage... Miss Dronfield 1984"!!

Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 14.52.07.png
Just needs a number bracelet, a nice hairdo, and a pair of high heels....and you're done!
utb

Back
Top Bottom