2021/22 New Kit Thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Adidas has been my sportswear brand of choice for years, but sadly you're right on this one.
I wonder if it's occurred to them that giving the fans what they want would mean more shirts sold?

You may have just talked yourself into a job with Adidas!

Personally a blue and white striped away shirt would be good.

Then you can wipe yer arse with it and mop up spilt beer, the perfect rag.

Would you keep your pens in the pocket? 😊

Yep, good thinking.

I also find my shirt pocket very handy for my smoking pipe, mobile phone device and sunglasses (Not all at the same time I might add). It is also very wise to make sure that the pipe is not still alight when tucking it in yer pocket. :oops:

You can't beat a decent sized shirt pocket, such a versatile storage pouch for a plethora of everyday items. Left side is better for a quick draw with the right hand.

Useful on a football shirt as well. For example, a place to keep an energy snack for a boost during play, also a convenient place to keep a note of on field instructions etc.
Perfect for ticket storage and notes for beers as well.

I rest my case.

HH

Yep, good thinking.

I also find my shirt pocket very handy for my smoking pipe, mobile phone device and sunglasses (Not all at the same time I might add). It is also very wise to make sure that the pipe is not still alight when tucking it in yer pocket. :oops:

You can't beat a decent sized shirt pocket, such a versatile storage pouch for a plethora of everyday items. Left side is better for a quick draw with the right hand.

Useful on a football shirt as well. For example, a place to keep an energy snack for a boost during play, also a convenient place to keep a note of on field instructions etc.

I rest my case.

HH

Why is this not happening? Compelling reasoning HH, left side just put the badge on the pocket. And for the design ponces like mattbianco1 who have an odd obsession with pissing about with the badge, make them Velcro so different ones can be attached. Fuzzy Felt for big kids!

If we could offer a company the size of adidas the sort of quantities that the likes of Liverpool or Man Utd could,then we may be able to have a voice on shirt design,unfortunately,we can’t so our voice isn’t heard.We have to accept the adidas template or find a manufacturer that is more flexible if we want a bespoke design.The biggest problem last season was the white back on the home shirt,red would have been ok,both the pink and green kits were a poor choice,that was our fault.

Think the manufacturer is largely irrelevant ...the club must sign off on the kit and if they wanted to take our ideas into consideration they would or already do.

However even on here there's loads of disagreement as to whether there shd be black trim in the stripes, white socks or black socks etc etc so who would they listen to anyway ?

The perfect away shirt in my opinion is the white.one with the 2 red sashes but others will hate it

Think the manufacturer is largely irrelevant ...the club must sign off on the kit and if they wanted to take our ideas into consideration they would or already do.

However even on here there's loads of disagreement as to whether there shd be black trim in the stripes, white socks or black socks etc etc so who would they listen to anyway ?

The perfect away shirt in my opinion is the white.one with the 2 red sashes but others will hate it
anything but red socks again awful

Well last year DH Gate seemed to know before everyone else. Could they be right again? They’re saying these are the 21/22 kits

Attachments

• 72CBEF61-D412-4B7E-90D2-F1856B356852.png
    72CBEF61-D412-4B7E-90D2-F1856B356852.png
    5 MB · Views: 222
  • 71B980AE-5754-4AF5-93C4-5D5DEADD1FC7.png
    71B980AE-5754-4AF5-93C4-5D5DEADD1FC7.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 218
Well last year DH Gate seemed to know before everyone else. Could they be right again? They’re saying these are the 21/22 kits
These are the ones that were leaked in the Rumour Mill thread. Jury's still out for me about whether they're kosher or not.

If they are them not impressed sadly.

I don't like the home - it's slightly better than this seasons but think we need more black on the collars, cuffs and also trim on the sleeves I personally like. The strpes are ok size but don't like the sleeves being red. If the back is solid (why am I saying if; it seems like it will be from what the club are saying) it is a really ordinary kit.

The other mock up we saw had more black on and was much nicer.

The away I am not a fan of either. Black is ok (I prefer white or yellow- not had a simple normal yellow and red shorts for ages!) and not sure the shadow works. It would work better if it was white or another colour for me.

Really uninspiring if so. This year we had some innovative and different away/3rd kits but those above are really meh.

I don't like the home - it's slightly better than this seasons but think we need more black on the collars, cuffs and also trim on the sleeves I personally like. The strpes are ok size but don't like the sleeves being red. If the back is solid (why am I saying if; it seems like it will be from what the club are saying) it is a really ordinary kit.

The away I am not a fan of either. Black is ok (I prefer white or yellow- not had a simple normal yellow and red shorts for ages!) and not sure the shadow works. It would work better if it was white or another colour for me.

Really uninspiring if so. This year we had some innovative and different away/3rd kits but those above are really meh.
I think the home kit looks too much like a Stoke City kit - it needs more black as you said.

Copy and paste of season before last for the home shirt then. Was hoping the pinstriped version was correct. Away could be spot on though.

Copy and paste of season before last for the home shirt then. Was hoping the pinstriped version was correct. Away could be spot on though.

I think it's going to end up considerably different to that, the pictures are what footy headlines or someone mocked up based on what they'd heard.

Yep, good thinking.

I rest my case.

HH
I once remember many years ago booking a day trip by coach whilst on holiday in Devon, whilst the coach owner was writing our ticket details out he shoved his pipe in his jacket pocket and set it on fire. He didn’t even notice until I pointed to his pocket where smoke and small flames were coming from.

I think the home kit looks too much like a Stoke City kit - it needs more black as you said.
I don't get this infatuation with black in the shirts.

When I started watching United our shirt colour was "red and white stripes with red collars and cuffs" not a bit of black in sight.

Stoke's colours were red and white stripes with white collars and cuffs.

The home does have black pinstripes I’ve been informed.

The sash on the away. Would’ve been a nice nod to Sabella and River Plate had it gone the other way. Guess that would require someone at the club giving it some thought… 🙄

My son (13 years old) did a home, away and third with a nod to some old classics

Not perfect and I've had a word about the shoddy collar on the home and a few other things but with a bit of work they could be decent....

Attachments

• IMG-20210619-WA0030.jpg
    IMG-20210619-WA0030.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG-20210619-WA0031.jpg
    IMG-20210619-WA0031.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG-20210619-WA0032.jpg
    IMG-20210619-WA0032.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG-20210619-WA0033.jpg
    IMG-20210619-WA0033.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG-20210619-WA0037.jpg
    IMG-20210619-WA0037.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG-20210619-WA0038.jpg
    IMG-20210619-WA0038.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 90
My son (13 years old) did a home, away and third with a nod to some old classics

Not perfect and I've had a word about the shoddy collar on the home and a few other things but with a bit of work they could be decent....
First one but wiyart the block type sponsor and preferably black lettering.

Away and third are things of beauty.

Back
Top Bottom