12 point target

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

United, get more points!!??

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I presume you're not entirely serious as the chances of us losing 17 league games on the spin is vanishingly remote. No side has ever done that, although Sunderland did lose the last 15 games of the 2002/03 season (and the first 5 of the 2005/06 season when they were back in the top flight). Even the dreadful Covid era Norwich side only lost 10 in a row.

I'm fairly confident that no side in top flight of a major European football league has ever lost more than 15 consecutive games in a single season.

England: Sunderland 15 (2002/03) (20 total)
Italy: Brescia 15 (1994/95) (16 total)
France: Angers 13 (2022/23)
Germany: Gruether Fürth 12 (2021/22)
Spain: Las Palmas 11 (1959/60)

I presume you're not entirely serious as the chances of us losing 17 league games on the spin is vanishingly remote. No side has ever done that, although Sunderland did lose the last 15 games of the 2002/03 season (and the first 5 of the 2005/06 season when they were back in the top flight). Even the dreadful Covid era Norwich side only lost 10 in a row.

I'm fairly confident that no side in top flight of a major European football league has ever lost more than 15 consecutive games in a single season.

England: Sunderland 15 (2002/03) (20 total)
Italy: Brescia 15 (1994/95) (16 total)
France: Angers 13 (2022/23)
Germany: Gruether Fürth 12 (2021/22)
Spain: Las Palmas 11 (1959/60)
Were you at the Villa game??

No...but it appears that gives me a bit of perspective beyond the last 90 minutes. That one result and performance will not dictate the rest of the season. We're down but we're not going to lose 17 on the bounce.
I hope we don't, but I can't see us winning anything if we play like that.

No...but it appears that gives me a bit of perspective beyond the last 90 minutes. That one result and performance will not dictate the rest of the season. We're down but we're not going to lose 17 on the bounce.
We might not lose them all but if we get a nice shafting at Luton this weekend then confidence will be completely shot and it will be a tough job getting it back.

Yep, never wanted to lose £15 so much. Spending circa 5 grand on this season following them everywhere and I will get compensation if we lose the last 15 games 😂 I don’t think we will do it.
View attachment 178670
got 16 games to get a point to not snatch the title 1 win to get 20 per cent more points with a win
we only need to perform like we did against wolves or west ham

hard to believe we took man city to nerve jangling 1-2
we ca perform much better
yes weve got tonked 5 or 6 times but by top 8 teams except for burnley when we had 10 men

we are so unpredictable we could lose at luton then spos a 1-0 win at newcastle
like the man utd away win who saw that coming

Last edited:
got 16 games to get a point to not snatch the title 1 win to get 20 per cent more points with a win
we only need to perform like we did against wolves or west ham

hard to believe we took man city to nerve jangling 1-2
we ca perform much better
yes weve got tonked 5 or 6 times but by top 8 teams except for burnley when we had 10 men

we are so unpredictable we could lose at luton then spos a 1-0 win at newcastle
like the man utd away win who saw that coming
I would say we’re very, very predictable. It’s simply how the opposition approach the game that is the unpredictable factor.

2) use the next 15 games as a pre season for a serious attempt at promotion. Smash through the contracts situation, if they arent signing move them out of the 1st team. Blood the young uns, Curtis, One, Arblaster, Osula, Brooks etc - tell them no pressure, its about getting game time for 24/25

but but but we might destroy their confidence!

If this makes me a bad person…so be it. But at this stage I’d happily give the 3 points to Luton to help them in their fight against relegation and hope they can leave Everton and the Scabs behind to fight it out for the last relegation place…Soz
Nobody that hates the scabs and Everton are bad people.
Short sighted maybe because that would make the Championship much harder next season, but definitely not bad, because.. fuck those two.

Nobody that hates the scabs and Everton are bad people.
Short sighted maybe because that would make the Championship much harder next season, but definitely not bad, because.. fuck those two.
Well, it was more about wanting Luton to win that I feel bad about. It just seems they could put the 3 points to much better use than we could. Yes, you might think Luton would be an easier opponent next season. But I think relegation for Everton or Forest at the end of the season would have a very serious effect on either club.

Well, it was more about wanting Luton to win that I feel bad about. It just seems they could put the 3 points to much better use than we could. Yes, you might think Luton would be an easier opponent next season. But I think relegation for Everton or Forest at the end of the season would have a very serious effect on either club.

If Everton went down Pickford for one would have to leave. I expect many others would follow.

If this makes me a bad person…so be it. But at this stage I’d happily give the 3 points to Luton to help them in their fight against relegation and hope they can leave Everton and the Scabs behind to fight it out for the last relegation place…Soz
I hope you are not going to Luton.
I will be there to back us winning 3 points.
Shame on you!

The prince and his staff have demonstrated over and over again that they know fuck all about football .

They need to go.. all of them..
..and be replaced by whom ? Be very careful what you wish for otherwise we might end up like Bury, Torquay and Yeovil

Anyone else just want us to get past Derby's 11 point record and then call it a day for this season.

Just feel so deflated after Saturday. I was all for aiming for specific targets and making small steps but now think once we've got past 11 points it should be all about preparing for next season.
Believe it or not with 15 games still to play we can actually beat 4 of the records derby set that season, we are still able to achieve

1: fewer than 11 points
2 least clean sheets in a season - currently 3
3: most defeats - currently 29 joint us and derby
4: most goals conceded - currently 89

..and be replaced by whom ? Be very careful what you wish for otherwise we might end up like Bury, Torquay and Yeovil

That's why dozy didn't get the job mate, won't happen.

Don't you want somebody in charge that .

A. Is here.
B. Makes us his no 1 priority?.
C. Knows how to run a football club.

He doesn't go by the hashtag @saudi49er for a joke pal..

And finally, we were going into administration if we hadn't got promoted.. so you may have to be carefull supporting who we've got..

That's why dozy didn't get the job mate, won't happen.

Don't you want somebody in charge that .

A. Is here.
B. Makes us his no 1 priority?.
C. Knows how to run a football club.

He doesn't go by the hashtag @saudi49er for a joke pal..

And finally, we were going into administration if we hadn't got promoted.. so you may have to be carefull supporting who we've got..
Of course I would like to have an owner who is as passionate about the club as we are, has money and a good business sense. My concern is that replacing the current owner in haste can lead to a possibly rich owner with no passion nor any real interest in football or this club.
I am not sure we would have gone into administration if we had not been promoted, but so far the current owner has not done a bad job. However both for him and us it is time for him to move on.

Nobody with any pride whatsoever should be willing to settle for 12 points

Agree….anyone who plays competitive sport NEVER calls it a day. If we did then the manager should be sacked.

However that was the whole point on swapping Hecky for Wilder. Pretty certain we’ll end up around 20 points.

I suppose the only issue is.

Wilder might choose to experiment with formations and playing young players this season in preparation for next season.

I’m sure most fans on here would say, great idea, but what if by experimenting we lost 5-0 and 6-0. Then the same people would be saying we shouldn’t be over experimenting risking a thrashing.

Were you at the Villa game??
I believe thats one game , were you at the west ham game we only need 2 draws
as we saw a couple of years ago teams with nothing to play for are ripe for picking up points
we went from single figures in points to 23 with no real improvement

Back
Top Bottom