12 point target

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

100%
Anyone else just want us to get past Derby's 11 point record and then call it a day for this season.

Just feel so deflated after Saturday. I was all for aiming for specific targets and making small steps but now think once we've got past 11 points it should be all about preparing for next season.
100% this.

Season is done, get 12 points and then hit the beach.

Going to be a short summer prem finishers late May and championship kicks off again early August.No time to waste formulating the squad.

100%, although when Derby was in the Prem it was a lot less harder. Nowadays you have teams like Villa, Brighton and West Ham who were relegation sides now playing in Europe. The challenge to stay in the Premier League and to pickup points is much more difficult.
There’s no excuse for the terrible management we’ve suffered. Luton may well come down with us, but at least they’ve made a scrap for survival. I think we’d all accept relegation if at least we showed the same level of effort as Luton. Hecky and Wilder have been a disaster this season. Wilder hasn’t a clue anymore and needs replacing asap.

Anyone else just want us to get past Derby's 11 point record and then call it a day for this season.

Just feel so deflated after Saturday. I was all for aiming for specific targets and making small steps but now think once we've got past 11 points it should be all about preparing for next season.

Nope, I don't want us to pick up another single point this season so I can pocket £750 from SkyBet. We are down so I might as well profit from the situation...

Plus, we ARE the worst PL side ever so we deserve to be in the record books as so...

Going to be a short summer prem finishers late May and championship kicks off again early August.No time to waste formulating the squad.
With this in mind, Wilder has completely wasted the transfer window. Bringing in Holgate just shows how way off the pace he is.

Relegation seems inevitable now but we have actually put in several good performances this season where we have narrowly failed to accumulate points, or extra points, including Villa away only a few weeks ago. IMHO the main problem on Saturday was the very poor team selection and game plan. If we had shown the same fight in the first half as we did with the five substitutes in the second half we might have stood a chance.

Nope, I don't want us to pick up another single point this season so I can pocket £750 from SkyBet. We are down so I might as well profit from the situation...

Plus, we ARE the worst PL side ever so we deserve to be in the record books as so...
We aren't the worst PL side ever, that honour will remain Derby's until football implodes. What we are is a callow bunch who fold in the face of pressure or athleticism but we're not going to go 32 games without a win. It's also worth pointing out that Derby lost 6-0 at home to Villa in 2007/08 so we did better than them on that as well 😅

Relegation seems inevitable now but we have actually put in several good performances this season where we have narrowly failed to accumulate points, or extra points, including Villa away only a few weeks ago. IMHO the main problem on Saturday was the very poor team selection and game plan. If we had shown the same fight in the first half as we did with the five substitutes in the second half we might have stood a chance.

I cannot believe that Wilder and his coaching team thought that 5-2-3 was a good idea against a Villa side full of pace and technical ability, particularly in midfield. Absolutely unfathomable to the point of lunacy.

Other targets to aim for as well as getting to 12 points:

• Most league goals conceded in a season is 101 in 1933/34. So we need to concede fewer than 42 in the remaining 15 games to avoid this.
  • Most league goals conceded per game - we are currently averaging 2.56, which is on track for the worst season ever as the above 101 was a 42 game season.
  • Most losses in a season - 29 in 2020/21. We need to avoid defeat in 4 more games to avoid equalling this.
  • Fewest league wins in a season - 6 in 1920/21 and 1975/76. 5 more wins needed, I would say this is a nailed on record.

We will still be fucking about at the end of the window for "targets" given that there is better value to be had according to the chairman, this despite knowing since promotion was confirmed last season that we would be in the Championship in 24/25

We will still be fucking about at the end of the window for "targets" given that there is better value to be had according to the chairman, this despite knowing since promotion was confirmed last season that we would be in the Championship in 24/25

The prince and his staff have demonstrated over and over again that they know fuck all about football .

They need to go.. all of them..

I'd be happy finishing higher than Burnley. Although if we did media would still call us the worst PL team ever.

The other record we need to avoid is 100 goals conceded. Set by Swindon and that was over a 42 game season.

We are down sadly, to stay up we will have to finish above Luton, and thats a 11 point gap (inc GD)

Looking at momentum, form etc we arent going to catch them, therefore target should be 2 fold

1) professional integrity, finish above Burnley, go down fighting (West Ham and Palace performance, not Villa or Brighton)
2) use the next 15 games as a pre season for a serious attempt at promotion. Smash through the contracts situation, if they arent signing move them out of the 1st team. Blood the young uns, Curtis, One, Arblaster, Osula, Brooks etc - tell them no pressure, its about getting game time for 24/25

United, get more points!!??

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Other targets to aim for as well as getting to 12 points:

• Most league goals conceded in a season is 101 in 1933/34. So we need to concede fewer than 42 in the remaining 15 games to avoid this.
  • Most league goals conceded per game - we are currently averaging 2.56, which is on track for the worst season ever as the above 101 was a 42 game season.
  • Most losses in a season - 29 in 2020/21. We need to avoid defeat in 4 more games to avoid equalling this.
  • Fewest league wins in a season - 6 in 1920/21 and 1975/76. 5 more wins needed, I would say this is a nailed on record.
If we got 5 more wins, we might accidentally stay up!

Back
Top Bottom