Match Thread 12/08/23 - Sheffield United v. Crystal Palace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
CRY
CRY
CRY
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1691011797830.png vs. 1691011807318.png

Premier League Matchweek 1 - Saturday 12th August 2023 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-crystal-palace.657/

Officials:

Referee: John Brooks
Assistants: Lee Betts, Akil Howson
Fourth Official: Sam Allison
VAR: Tony Harrington
Assistant VAR: Eddie Smart

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

palace.png

Last edited:

Bash I think needs to come off for Slimane tho. Barely noticed him the whole half.

Can’t complain too much, Lowe been a bit shit however overall thought that would be a LOT worse….. Very happy with a draw but would be amazing if we could somehow nick a win with that lineup.

Happy to go in at 0-0 at HT. Like the power and drive of osula. Hope he can control his passion and aggression in 2nd half not to get a silly 2nd yellow.

Eze is class, if we can keep him quiet again in 2nd half I'd be impressed!

If fit, I'd bring slimane on for last 30.

Basham and Osborn giving it a really good go (but aren't up to prem level).

Egan looks nervous! Decent at defensive headers, but terrible at headers on their goal!

Love furious George pumping up the crowd at every chance.

Would love osula to nick a goal from a baldock cross, but would happily take a bore draw to get that first point on the board!

UTB!

Considering the team out, not bad. Lacked composure on the ball apart from norwood and sometimes bash.

Egan constantly twatting anywhere but a teammate is still infuriating. A few times he opted to twat it out of the stadium instead of keep calm and find a player. There is a time and a place for launching it into the stand or forward but not as default. Just gives them possession back in dangerous areas. Decent defender but constantly poor decision making with the ball.

A fair few occasions where instead of bringing the ball down to retain possession we panic and clear it by head and then instantly lose possession.

Baldock, ousala, norwood have been decent. Baldock tenacious and very positive. Norwood for keeping composure and trying to find a player. Ousala for positive and tenacious forward play.

We are making all our progress down the R and nothing down the L ... Badly need to sign a L-footed creative MF.
But since we are mainly defending heroically , we're doing well

Completely agree about Egan's (lack of) composure. Perfect example when ball was running out of play and he tries to belt it hard forward and ends up slicing it out of play to row z...but I really simple, soft dink could have kept the ball in and picked up by a teammate next to him. Same with his defensive headers: count how many times they go straight to opposition player!

Osula is great to watch, loving him so far

We look ok. Felt a bit jittery first 30 with a few simple enough passes being misplaced or intercepted but I think last 10/15 we calmed down and settled into it. Looking very organised out of possession throughout too

Happy to get a draw here and have points on the board.

Bash has played extra defender really, kept their overload at bay.
Well played, I say. If still nil nil by last 20, bring on some class and nick it.

Osula is great to watch, loving him so far

We look ok. Felt a bit jittery first 30 with a few simple enough passes being misplaced or intercepted but I think last 10/15 we calmed down and settled into it. Looking very organised out of possession throughout too

Happy to get a draw here and have points on the board.
A la Bournemouth? That season turned out alright

Pathetic attempt by Osborn at stopping that cross, wasn’t even an attempt actually didn’t even stick a leg out to try and block it.

What was Osborn doing apart from playing piggy in the middle then pathetic defending the cross. He was moving away, not closing down. Literally headless chicken

Yeah playing a below par team on purpose in the most difficult league in the world to prove a point that he's angry with his bosses who just bought Gustavo Hamer!!🧐
I mean, it'll work at this rate whether it's intentional or not.

Unable to see the game, but by comments we seem to do better than SUFC apps stats may describe. Even wirh the 'not best players on paper' the score is still tie and we don't seem to be 'in the ropes'.

Good stuff and well played team! This boosts hopes and dreams to have a nice PL season opener!

What was Osborn doing apart from playing piggy in the middle then pathetic defending the cross. He was moving away, not closing down. Literally headless chicken
Why is he defending that while Max Lowe trots behind the both of them?

Anel at fault

Terrible defending. We didn’t get promoted defending like that.

A couple ball watching in the middle too.

Anel one of them.

Back
Top Bottom