What I like about Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Very true. Baldock and Stevens have taken the wing back places off Lafferty and Freeman but know that to let the standards slip would mean the other 2 lads back in with a chance, and Wilder would have no hesitation replacing them. All the lads out of the team at present know they will be given a chance if standards slip because they trust Chris will give them a go at some stage. Team spirit must be great at the moment.

Agree with the above but all of those qualities are borne out of more virtuous qualities such as honesty, integrity, straight talking, and a crystal clear vision of doing the right thing.
He's also a very emotional and passionate man, and it's easy to see how any player would run through the proverbial for him.
I can't fault him, and if he asked nicely, I'd let him !

Very true. Baldock and Stevens have taken the wing back places off Lafferty and Freeman but know that to let the standards slip would mean the other 2 lads back in with a chance, and Wilder would have no hesitation replacing them. All the lads out of the team at present know they will be given a chance if standards slip because they trust Chris will give them a go at some stage. Team spirit must be great at the moment.

Biggest example is Duffy. Knows Brooks is behind him and he has to perform. Player of the last month, by an absolute mile.

Biggest example is Duffy. Knows Brooks is behind him and he has to perform. Player of the last month, by an absolute mile.
He has been stunning. Scaring defences to death with his run at them attitude.
Yesterday he it was notable how many headers he challenged for in the middle of the pitch. He kept the pressure on so we picked up the seconds.
What class he has.

Duffy is a hell of a player. I questioned his ability to step up, very silly of me. He was outstanding yesterday. 10/10 performance

Basham, Duffy and Clarke typify what Wilder expects as a minimum and are proof that if you do it, you get your rewards in this side.

Pure class throughout this club

He has been stunning. Scaring defences to death with his run at them attitude.
Yesterday he it was notable how many headers he challenged for in the middle of the pitch. He kept the pressure on so we picked up the seconds.
What class he has.
Is it possible that Brooks has inspired him ?

He play players on merit not Just because he bought them , every player is given a chance but they have to perform. Previous managers if they bought the they played irrespective of performance. What a refreshing change.

Is that all? I think you'd be better off starting a thread called "What I don't like about Wilder".

I'll get you started, we've not won every game since he took over as manager, poor show.

Duffy is a hell of a player. I questioned his ability to step up, very silly of me. He was outstanding yesterday. 10/10 performance

Basham, Duffy and Clarke typify what Wilder expects as a minimum and are proof that if you do it, you get your rewards in this side.

Pure class throughout this club

Not silly at all. Many others will have. Hindsight’s a wonderful thing; and always 20/20.

I love the fact be signs and picks players because they are footballers and not 6 foot 2 inch athletes.

As people mentioned above about Duffy. How many other managers on this division would even consider him because , for them, he's too small and not got any pace

Is it possible that Brooks has inspired him ?
It's possible but it also happened when Samir arrived. It is also possible he was further inspired by AK and CW and even possible he inspired himself? Who knows? What we do have us a class act.

He gave Carruthers a chance at the start of the season, and I thought he did okay for the most part but a bit sloppy in possession, and Wilder didn't hesitate in bringing in Duffy who made the shirt his own again. Now Carruthers is probably third choice behind Brooks, that's how competitive our team is for places.

It's somewhat "easy" to pick in form players when your whole side is doing well. Most of us would've named yesterday's team, and probably told you at least one of the subs that would happen (Brooks on and Duffy off at some point), before the game.

What impresses me is when Wilder does the unexpected, the things that you wouldn't predict, the gambles most of us armchair managers wouldn't think of, and the things that make you nervous when you read a team sheet, that pay off big in the game. How many people would've dropped Duffy and put Basham in the midfield against Wednesday? How many saw that team sheet and thought we'd struggle for attacking? And then when Wednesday pulled it back to 2-1 and were on top at the start of the second half, how many people were saying "take off a central defender and put a small attacking midfielder on"? And, similarly, the Bolton game, which of our opening fixtures might have been the only "must win", he took the risk in resting a few players, mixing up the team, and got a result out of it.

That's where Wilder and Knill impress me so much. Their side is the hardest working, most motivated, side in the divsion, but it's also a tactical masterclass at times. Carvalhal and Stam must've felt like amateurs.

I love the fact that wilder knows how to mould a team together. It made me think of what a reading fan said to me yesterday after the game. He said that they had a team of fairly good individuals but couldn't play as a team whereas we have individual players who play as a team and everyone knows what is expected from them. That's why we're doing well and long may it continue. All the teams we've played have individual players who seem to struggle when asked to play as a team. I M H O.

He gave Carruthers a chance at the start of the season, and I thought he did okay for the most part but a bit sloppy in possession, and Wilder didn't hesitate in bringing in Duffy who made the shirt his own again. Now Carruthers is probably third choice behind Brooks, that's how competitive our team is for places.

It's somewhat "easy" to pick in form players when your whole side is doing well. Most of us would've named yesterday's team, and probably told you at least one of the subs that would happen (Brooks on and Duffy off at some point), before the game.

What impresses me is when Wilder does the unexpected, the things that you wouldn't predict, the gambles most of us armchair managers wouldn't think of, and the things that make you nervous when you read a team sheet, that pay off big in the game. How many people would've dropped Duffy and put Basham in the midfield against Wednesday? How many saw that team sheet and thought we'd struggle for attacking? And then when Wednesday pulled it back to 2-1 and were on top at the start of the second half, how many people were saying "take off a central defender and put a small attacking midfielder on"? And, similarly, the Bolton game, which of our opening fixtures might have been the only "must win", he took the risk in resting a few players, mixing up the team, and got a result out of it.

That's where Wilder and Knill impress me so much. Their side is the hardest working, most motivated, side in the divsion, but it's also a tactical masterclass at times. Carvalhal and Stam must've felt like amateurs.

Reading try to play out from the back more than most teams and normally dominate possession. We always had 2, 3, even 4 players around the edge of their box to make sure the keeper couldn't play it short, and they had absolutely no idea how to get around it. It's pretty brave to press that high and aggressively against a team with quite a lot of pace in it, but it worked wonders and totally stifled them.

Winning football matches is what I like best to be honest.

What I like about Wilder is his special glasses.

So special that he only wears them once. Then he says, "fuck it, if I can't see so what?", and bins them.

He does what he wants.

Back
Top Bottom