Rodwell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He will have been a bigger waste of wages than Morrison, at least we fucked him off sharpish. I’ll change my opinion if he forms a integral part of the team and we get promoted next season.

And to think, we got rid of the likes of Cranie and Stearman, but ended up employing Rodwell, Morrison, and keeping Bryan. We then went on to retain Jags and employ Foderingham. I'm not saying the former would have been world-beaters at Prem level and i know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but what a fucking waste.

Lets hope the Championship next season affords us the platform to clear out some of the dross we've accumulated, bring through one or two promising youth products (RND, Hackford, etc) and, more importantly, learn from the mistakes made over the last 12-24 months.

UTB
Not having a go here FZ, far from it because you are right in what you've said.
But how the hell have we got into this situation of "clearing out the dross we've accumulated".

Horrendous player, one good season with Everton and done nothing since. After his shenanigans at Sunderland only a fool would sign him.

i do think Stearman was worth keeping as cover. I only assume we let him leave as he wanted more first team football.
Hindsight is a lovely thing but I'd rather have kept Steers than sign Jags on higher wages.

Though I can appreciate that he is now playing week in , week out, which is what he probably wanted.

When we sign nobody in the window at least we can trot out the old "having Jack back in the fray will be like a new signing!"

In the sheffield star

'Rodwell, who has yet to feature in a competitive fixture this term, is set to be named in the squad which faces Plymouth Argyle at Bramall Lanetomorrow after recovering from what Wilder described as a “freakish” injury.'

I think that is b#llsh*t and questioning from fans may have had an impact

Wilder mentioned Rodwell without being prompted yesterday.

He said it’s harder to get players back to full fitness as he can’t give them time in friendly matches due to the pandemic.

anyone seen him? Has he even been in any of the training videos this season?

We must have paid him over a million for the last two seasons and he came on once and had a handful of appearances on the subs bench. When a local journo had the temerity to ask where he was there was some non-committal comment about an injury and finally he was placed on the bench for one game just to disappear again.

We must have paid him over a million for the last two seasons and he came on once and had a handful of appearances on the subs bench. When a local journo had the temerity to ask where he was there was some non-committal comment about an injury and finally he was placed on the bench for one game just to disappear again.
Another great signing by wilder

An example of Wilder starting to believe his own hype. He (rightly) acquired a reputation for restarting the careers of guys who had been hyped at one point before going off the rails a bit. But he gambled on this strategy far too often after we got into the Premier League and it has cost us, big time. Mousset you could just about make a case for having justified the experiment; Morrison, Rodwell, and Burke all a total disaster.

a complete waste of wages just like Jack Robinson,Foderingham,Lowe,C Robinson,L Freeman and Burke, everyone who walked through the door when we got promoted should have replaced a first teamer.We wouldn't have been relegated this year.5 keepers and six strikers tells a tale.Just like Big Nose strikers play in pairs and here in lies our problems too many changes up front.

Add him to Robinson ,Morrison,Foderington, Verrips,Lopata, Farrugia,Ashton Hall, never mind all the other shit players that cost serious mony
Agree with Foderingham, Morrison and Robinson but the others are still young lads who could improve.

Just hearing his name irrates me. He's should just pack up and do something constructive with his life. He's clearly not interested in playing football.

It seems contrary to what wilder said when he signed the Sunderland documentary was representative of his attitude to the game. He doesn’t want to play and we were daft enough to pay him for it.

I hate these signings.

Signing Morrison, Rodwell, Foderingham.

Signings you can make because you have a bit of cash but totally don't need to.

How much money have we wasted on these? Probably best part of 2m quid in wages. It's not to be sniffed at. Probably runs the ticket office for an eternity that sort of cash and we spunked it on wasters.

Another "Squad packer" aka Wilder project that's failed. How many have we got at the club stealing a wage? Rodwell, Lowe, Robinson, Mousset, Foderingham, Moore. All nowhere near the first team.

It's quite a lot of the 25 man squad who are turning up for training and then watching daytime TV. 25% by my reckoning.

Or in Rodwells case, just watching daytime TV......

Another "Squad packer" aka Wilder project that's failed. How many have we got at the club stealing a wage? Rodwell, Lowe, Robinson, Mousset, Foderingham, Moore. All nowhere near the first team.

It's quite a lot of the 25 man squad who are turning up for training and then watching daytime TV. 25% by my reckoning.

Or in Rodwells case, just watching daytime TV......
Made the same mistake as Warnock.

When Freeman left he effectively had Osborn then as MF back up and bought Lowe as LWB back up.

The more progressive thing would have been to keep Osborn as LWB back up na bring in a quality midfielder.

Warnock made do with Tonge in the middle despite him not even playing their when we were promoted (it was Jags and Monty). Koumas was available for 1.5m and would have given us that bit more quality.

I hate these signings.

Signing Morrison, Rodwell, Foderingham.

Signings you can make because you have a bit of cash but totally don't need to.

How much money have we wasted on these? Probably best part of 2m quid in wages. It's not to be sniffed at. Probably runs the ticket office for an eternity that sort of cash and we spunked it on wasters.
I don't want to argue, but those 3 were probably the lowest paid non-teenage players in the premier league.

Even if they never played, they've brought elements of experience and quality to the training ground.

You might have noticed we did quite well in the Premier League before the pandemic.

I understand it's easier to be negative and pessimistic about everything, but sometimes there are good reasons and positive notes, that may not spring to mind immediately.

(N.B. Not aimed at you Champagne, just fans in general)

I don't want to argue, but those 3 were probably the lowest paid non-teenage players in the premier league.

Even if they never played, they've brought elements of experience and quality to the training ground.

You might have noticed we did quite well in the Premier League before the pandemic.

I understand it's easier to be negative and pessimistic about everything, but sometimes there are good reasons and positive notes, that may not spring to mind immediately.

(N.B. Not aimed at you Champagne, just fans in general)
Google any PL squad and there’s likely to be a couple of players where you think “who?” or “I’d forgotten he played for them”. It’s just part of football. It’s a bit like going for a really shit meal but getting hung up about the fish knife being placed wrong on the table.

I would love to be paid 1000s per week to do a spot of training a few days a week, have a bit of lunch in the club canteen, then fck off home for the rest of the day. What an utter cnt he is.
Why is it his fault ?
He is contracted to turn up for training , be available for selection, when fit to do so, and collect the agreed salary.
What do you expect him to do when he might be unemployed in July ?

Back
Top Bottom