Grbic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I've hammered Grbic since he's been with us. He certainly has the look of a decent keeper, but if you look at his record, he's barely played. Just 36 appearances since the first lockdown in 2020. Maybe he's like the Tin Man, rusty? I'm willing to give him time, as this season no longer counts and he'll be playing against inferior players next season. We've had worse players turn their Blades careers around.
I don’t think he’ll be better in the division below. I don’t think it’s the standard that’s the issue, many aspects of his technique are fundamentally flawed.

It baffles me that he’s anywhere near the Croatia squad

Watched him closely yesterday and he keeps goal like his shoe laces are tied together. Having said that, the number of shots both Grbic and Wes before him have to face is incredible. The team give the keeper no protection whatsoever, that’s not just down to the defence but the team as a whole.

For me it seems to be about distance, which is a huge concern. To the casual viewer there’s been a few goals now that are hit from fairly far out that just seem to trickle in. We can blame deflections or defence or whatever, but distance plus speed of the ball equal more time to position and adjust to keep out. He seems to lack this key skill, so the impression is that every shot seems to be going in just about, as backed up by the stats.

Wes dropped some clangers, but I’d argue he wouldn’t be a bomb scare with the ball at his feet and was also a great stopper in behind the same defence. If we were looking to replace him it should be for someone with the same basics plus better attributes, otherwise what’s the point?

I think Wes wasn’t great for us but took a lot of the flack for the shoddy defence, how many times did he keep the score down? Numerous games where he was almost constantly under pressure, yet the the collapses weren’t as often, and there was a confidence that a shot on target had a chance to be saved. I don’t have that confidence now, and I don’t think the defence do either.

The result is the heads drop as we know we‘re going to concede almost every shot. We start the game 1 or 2 goals down, so we won’t succee.

Drop him for me, put Wes back in and try to sure up the defence, as at the moment we’re getting nothing from any game, regardless of opposition as proved yesterday.

The second shittest team have done us 9-1 this season.

The next Steve Bettis or PA interview that happens id like the first 10/15 minutes to be a cross examination of who recommended Grbic and whether they’re still at the club.

He is without doubt the worst keeper I’ve seen in my watching Premiership history. I’m not saying in Sheffield United history because we’ve had some horrors but he’s up there on that too!
The only thing I want to hear from either of them two is goodbye

I have to agree with the poor kicking. A few times yesterday he dallied with the ball at his feet, got closed down and then when he kicked the ball it sort of drifted about 30 yards into midfield. Their player more often than not won the ball and it became a dangerous attack. If he’s going to pump it than he needs to put his laces through it.
He can’t. He ties the laces of each boot to the other one.

The two first goals were deflections, not sure if it was easy to spot that in the ground?

Not saying it was impossible to save either, but those tend to look a bit strange. Shifting momentum if wrong footed may not be a strength of Grbic.
Not having it. Keepers move their feet. Garbage was still on his way down for the first when the second half kicked off.
He can’t move his feet. He’s on his goal line all the time which gives a massive target. He’s be a liability in a power league sized goal.

Goal one was saveable. Not the easiest but in theory Grbic is paying for the 20th next team in England so difficult saves should be possible.

The second for me is squarely on Brereton-Diaz who didn't want to be defend a one v one and so didn't defend at all.

The third is on Osborn who's miles out of position in central midfield and Trusty who's just plain nesh.

The fourth is on the central defence and midfield (Hamer in particular) who strength interested in closing down.

The problem Grbic has its that if he didn't concede a soft first then arguably the others don't go in either. I want the best for every player who pulls on our shirt but Grbic is shot. Wilder needs to swallow his pride and take him out of the firing line.

The third goal is more on Souza, he was originally tracking his man but inexplicably peeled away and ran from the ball, leaving Osborn I think it was completely isolated.

He was also at fault for the first, along with Hamer.

They were but you have to wonder if, like with others he’s let in, whether he’s got any reactions at all to make an effort to get to the ball.

I don’t think he actually makes that many individual errrors, the clangers that Wes makes can be worse. But as a keeper he seems to be slow to react and you know that anything which comes to his feet, he distributes it badly to some degree, shots from distance not at him are certain goals as he can’t react to save, he doesn’t come for crosses, doesn’t command his area at all.

If we’re not playing Wes next game then it has to be the U21 keeper

Grbic is one of the worst all round keepers I’ve seen. Has to be dropped
No errors?
Not like:
Starting position
Movement of feet
Setting himself correctly
Anticipation & reading the play
Organising the defence - shouting instructions (the fucking basic for any keeper)
Speed of thought
Alertness
Those are mental based mistakes

Then there is the physical elements
Reaction
Reflexes
Kicking
Athleticism

And then there is the nub of the problem.
He is fucking useless!

Thats because he never moves his feet. Just beclyause he’s still going to his left, it doesnt mean a competent keeper couldnt adjust and save it.

Grbic is fucking shit. Anyone with eyes can see that.
Apart from the scouting guys we employ

I would love in a few years time to get to find out the real story around Grbic. The whole stuff around “he’s my no. 1” when he’d never stepped foot on an English pitch before, and CW simply not changing him after the first couple of matches and persisting with him.

No keeper in the world is stopping either their third or fourth. The other two would need world class reflexes to even stand a chance of keeping them out, and even that might not have been enough. Costing us points today? That's one hell of a claim, show your work
Bollocks. First two are saved by any half competent keeper in the Prem. He should have saved the Arblaster OG last week, as well.
It’s the Prem not Graves park.
I reckon Luton’s keeper would have kept all three of those out.

Thats because he never moves his feet. Just because he’s still going to his left, it doesnt mean a competent keeper couldnt adjust and save it.

Grbic is fucking shit. Anyone with eyes can see that.
I was pointing out a fact, not giving an opinion.

The third goal is more on Souza, he was originally tracking his man but inexplicably peeled away and ran from the ball, leaving Osborn I think it was completely isolated.

He was also at fault for the first, along with Hamer.
Actually passed him on to Trusty who was then drawn out of the middle so a reshuffle to place and the Pointy Bin Man jogged to the edge of the 18 yard line to “mark some space”

Grbic is a waste of money and sir Chris should admit it, league one Wes is better.

He wasn't scouted that much is true . unbelievable buy

How can a manager sign any player, without having seen him play. If we are to believe he was signed on Matt Duke's reccomendations alone, Wilder is at fault here, Duke , even more so.

If Wilder is signing players, then that is much more of a problem with the club than the state of our goalkeeping options

What was your view of goal 1 in regards to where you were sitting in the ground?

I’m not sure whether he does any better with a better defence, I’m just asking if you think we’ve seen him playing with a stable defence in front of him. One that doesn’t allow the opposition to have very easy shots on target.
I was sat in the middle of the Kop, I had an absolutely perfect view of the first goal from directly behind the net. I also play league football (albeit 8th division in the pyramid of the Polish league, so it's about North Counties...Kiveton Park/Maltby MW...level ) and I'm a goalkeeper. So I will always be supportive towards goalkeepers. However, despite the cruel deflection, I think I would have saved that first goal yesterday as it's not like it rifled into the net...the deflection took most of the pace off the shot and it pretty much spun into the net. I don't want to jump on the Grbic is shit bandwagon (unlike absolutely every other person on the Kop yesterday) but seeing him live yesterday as opposed to on a stream or in highlights reels as I usually do I could see a goalkeeper who is not up to it...looks devoid of any confidence, but let's be honest, the shower of shit in front of him doesn't help does it? Muric - who has received pelters in recent weeks - was excellent in Burnley nets yesterday. Yes he kicked it to our players 3 times and once had to make a decent save to redeem himself but he has clearly been asked to play in that way...and he made loads of excellent passes out to the wingers and through to midfielders (which is on our lot for giving him those options) whereas Grbic only ever had the option of hitting it long and hopeful to McBurnie cos United players look like they don't want the ball at all. It's hard to call a prem lge player shit but right now poor Mister Grbic needs removing from the first team and taking out of the firing line. He's not going to get any better under the current circumstances. But let's not all crucify him, Jesus, he's trying his hardest in shit circumstances. He might not be good enough but it's not cos he's not trying or cos he's a bad person or anything.

Don’t think he will play for us again. I know Wes wants out, i’d even start Amissah. I’m sure in Gus Caesar lore, there must be something about him to be playing for some of the clubs he’s played for. But whatever it is, it’s left him currently. As others have said.. his confidence is shot. iIt does him nor us any benefit playing currently. Like sending a wounded soldier into battle.

For a club that doesn’t get much right, we seem to be alright with goalkeepers. Needs addressing ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom