Rodwell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

More fool us for signing him, particularly after he'd turned down a new deal with Blackburn where he'd have played every week to come here and steal a living most could only dream of.

He came with some decent pedigree but that's a long time in the past. All we seem to do is hope that someone recaptures some past form or ability or suddenly turns into a world beater.

Yet another rotten signing who we can consign to the dustbin.

Yet again can't fill the bench and still no Rodwell. Is he still at the club?

Rodwell & Jagielka were signed to cover Basham & Egan this season. Thank God neither of those got injured.
Lots of us called it out as negligent at the beginning of the season.

Really poor business from Wilder.
We probably needed a new GK, RWB, RCB, CH, LCB, at least 1 Midfielder and at least 1, probably 2 strikers.

We might have wasted the money we did have but spreading it so thinly would have only bought us more Osborne's Robinsons and Jagielkas. And that's before the form of Stevens, Norwood & Fleck slumped and Mousset went missing in inaction.

Utterly nonsensical signing. What suggested he was suddenly going to make an impact, his form when he broke into Everton's team as a teenager? He's played semi regularly at best throughout his career and has made a bloody good living out of doing absolutely nothing.

Our first team is awful and the fact that there is NOBODY staking a claim for a place in the team shows just how poor our recruitment has been for the past year.

Apparently, he dislocated his shoulder whilst putting his mask on.

I initially thought Rodwell may be a great signing but final orders have surely been called at the last chance saloon. However, with Norwood being desperately out of form, Berge being injured and Ampadu looking better at left centre back than in the middle, I think Jack could get a go at CDM... One last shot before kicking out time maybe?

This heavy fall, did it take place in summer?!! Or was he pissed up at New Year?

This heavy fall, did it take place in summer?!! Or was he pissed up at New Year?

With regards to Rodwell this is an issue where I think Wilder is pulling the wool over our eyes a bit. It doesn't help that he rarely gets asked about Rodwell by reporters but that recent bit about his injury didn't explain where Rodwell has been prior to this month when we have needed players.

It looks like another flop and the board will be asking why we extended his contract.

Jack Rodwell has the best job in the whole of the Northern Hemisphere.
Thus man has been paid many many thousands of pounds for at least 5 years whilst being on the 'sick. He must know every inch of the physio room.

Since the summer of 2012 he 's made a grand total of 105 appearances for all his clubs. Approximately 10 a year during which time he will no doubt have become a millionaire.

Last edited:
And to think, we got rid of the likes of Cranie and Stearman, but ended up employing Rodwell, Morrison, and keeping Bryan. We then went on to retain Jags and employ Foderingham. I'm not saying the former would have been world-beaters at Prem level and i know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but what a fucking waste.

Lets hope the Championship next season affords us the platform to clear out some of the dross we've accumulated, bring through one or two promising youth products (RND, Hackford, etc) and, more importantly, learn from the mistakes made over the last 12-24 months.

UTB

And to think, we got rid of the likes of Cranie and Stearman, but ended up employing Rodwell, Morrison, and keeping Bryan. We then went on to retain Jags and employ Foderingham. I'm not saying the former would have been world-beaters at Prem level and i know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but what a fucking waste.

Lets hope the Championship next season affords us the platform to clear out some of the dross we've accumulated, bring through one or two promising youth products (RND, Hackford, etc) and, more importantly, learn from the mistakes made over the last 12-24 months.

UTB

i do think Stearman was worth keeping as cover. I only assume we let him leave as he wanted more first team football.

With regards to Rodwell this is an issue where I think Wilder is pulling the wool over our eyes a bit. It doesn't help that he rarely gets asked about Rodwell by reporters but that recent bit about his injury didn't explain where Rodwell has been prior to this month when we have needed players.

It looks like another flop and the board will be asking why we extended his contract.

The thing that confuses me most about him is that we used to get regular Morrison updates from Wilder but he has to be pushed to remember Rodwell exists when we have 3 fit midfielders

I think the reporters tread carefully when questioning Chris, he sometimes comes across a bit prickly when asked certain issues he doesn't want to answer.

I think the reporters tread carefully when questioning Chris, he sometimes comes across a bit prickly when asked certain issues he doesn't want to answer.

Mike McCarthy knows all about that. 😄

Mike McCarthy knows all about that. 😄

Unless something happened that we don't know about then I think Wilder took that too far.

The lad referenced our poor record whenever Lundstram played in the Championship, he didn't deserve to hated for it ever since.

(Must say though - the lad does annoy me a bit too. Not sure what it is).

Unless something happened that we don't know about then I think Wilder took that too far.

The lad referenced our poor record whenever Lundstram played in the Championship, he didn't deserve to hated for it ever since.

(Must say though - the lad does annoy me a bit too. Not sure what it is).

To be fair Mike could just be an annoying prick and that is why Wilder doesn't like him much.

In the sheffield star

'Rodwell, who has yet to feature in a competitive fixture this term, is set to be named in the squad which faces Plymouth Argyle at Bramall Lanetomorrow after recovering from what Wilder described as a “freakish” injury.'

I think that is b#llsh*t and questioning from fans may have had an impact

We probably needed a new GK, RWB, RCB, CH, LCB, at least 1 Midfielder and at least 1, probably 2 strikers.

We might have wasted the money we did have but spreading it so thinly would have only bought us more Osborne's Robinsons and Jagielkas. And that's before the form of Stevens, Norwood & Fleck slumped and Mousset went missing in inaction.

This, 100% this. Spot on.

Back
Top Bottom