Play Bogle and Baldock

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'd put Bogle in Lundstram's position, Berge in the centre and Osborn on the left that would give us more mobility in midfield which is just as much a problem as upfront at the moment.

I remember when people wanted Freeman to start over Fleck early last season...

So, we are struggling for form, desperate for a win, and up against Leeds next game who are the epitome of high-intensity football.

We play Bogle, a lad who has no Premier experience and has played most/all of his career for Derby in the Championship at right-back, as a defender, on the right side of midfield in a system that is totally alien to him, in a huge game.

I know forums are all about opinions......but I absolutely despair sometimes.

UTB

So, we are struggling for form, desperate for a win, and up against Leeds next game who are the epitome of high-intensity football.

We play Bogle, a lad who has no Premier experience and has played most/all of his career for Derby in the Championship at right-back, as a defender, on the right side of midfield in a system that is totally alien to him, in a huge game.

UTB
As a suggestion it’s up there with Brian the Blade advising Warnock to play Nick Montgomery at centre half.

UTB

This wouldn't even work in Football Manager

Maybe if we don't do something in the first 10 minutes of the game that stacks the odds of us getting anything from the match against us we will be OK. Bit early for any knee jerk reactions imo, we were good second half vs Wolves and it took a dissapointing set piece for Villa to beat us.

Is someone seriously saying that we shouldn't play Bogle on account of lacking Premier League experience? Remind me how many PL games Leeds have played in the last decade

You appear to be missing the obvious point. The Leeds players have played together in a promotion team. It's irrelevant to this argument. You want, our manager, to play a young lad who has signed from Derby, what two weeks ago, and has only played one competitive gave for us, in our formation, to play a position he has never played in 15 odd years of playing football?

Just like magic?

Whilst I’m not saying it’s not possible that he could adapt to the role if he was trained there long term however we’re already asking him to play in a role he hasn’t before that being a wing back in a 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 formation which will take a while to fully master without asking him to also learn how to play on the right side of a central midfield 3 maybe we could look at improving his versatility later once he’s learned his new position also i doesn’t really suit the strength that make him the player he is the player we wanted to sign ie his ability to beat a man 1 on 1 and then deliver a ball into the box he needs to be out wide to maximise this strength.

Is someone seriously saying that we shouldn't play Bogle on account of lacking Premier League experience? Remind me how many PL games Leeds have played in the last decade
Remind us how many games Jayden Bogle has played in midfield in the last decade?

You appear to be missing the obvious point. The Leeds players have played together in a promotion team. It's irrelevant to this argument. You want, our manager, to play a young lad who has signed from Derby, what two weeks ago, and has only played one competitive gave for us, in our formation, to play a position he has never played in 15 odd years of playing football?

Just like magic?

No, I want people not to use ridiculous arguments like "no PL experience", which if everyone used would still see Les Ferdinand up top for someone today. The merits of the actual use of Bogle in said way are a different question entirely

UTB
Start the same midfield as on Monday and we'll lose again. Imho. And it is just an opinion.

UTB
Derby signed him from Swindon as a right winger.

What we need to do for now is not to panic with any silly person/positional changes.

We haven't been shit in the first two games and the Carabao cup game in between.

We're trying out a new formation, fucked up game 1 after 6 minutes and (IMHO) and in game 2 had our centre half sent off by a stupid decision by a ref looking ENTIRELY at both of their shirt numbers.

I would suspect we might start 352 though v Leeds. They are relentless and think we'll need the midfield 5.

UTB

Wasn't worth a new thread but how do I drop Lunny from our central 3?
I send my dad my lineup before each game and whilst he's easily our biggest goal threat from midfield, I need him replacing now.

Osborn starts on my left with Berge holding in the center.
Play Bogle higher and keep Baldock right wingback? Play Fleck on the wrong side just to incorporate him? Or can Ampadu do a job there and keep Robinson in JOCs position?

Wasn't worth a new thread but how do I drop Lunny from our central 3?
I send my dad my lineup before each game and whilst he's easily our biggest goal threat from midfield, I need him replacing now.

Osborn starts on my left with Berge holding in the center.
Play Bogle higher and keep Baldock right wingback? Play Fleck on the wrong side just to incorporate him? Or can Ampadu do a job there and keep Robinson in JOCs position?
The fact wilder wants another LCB says to me he won’t play Ampadu at LCB. But for me he’s too good to be on bench, so whether that’s in place of Egan or in centre mid I’m not too sure.

UTB

People always do this. Someone does one good thing, in this case a deflected goal, and they must start.

Let’s ignore the fact he’d be overwhelmed and out of position, and start him ahead of Norwood, ignoring everything he’s done for three years.

This for me.
Fleck has been one of our worst performers this season. no idea why, but every time the ball goes towards him, my inner monologue is going 'please don't lose it'. I no longer expect him to do anything with the ball, would be happy just for him not to lose it. These thoughts stretch back prior to the end of the Leicester game. No idea what's gone with him, but he's not at the races. Needs to see the psychiatrist or something because his mind is not on the game.

Back
Top Bottom