Bogle & Souza

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Torrix1889

A reight Bobby Dazzler
Reaction score
Appreciation post

As much as McAtee changed the game on Saturday, Jayden Bogle in the second half was simply brilliant, best 45 minutes in a Blades shirt by far.

And for anyone who doubts the commitment of Souza have a watch back and see how much the Wolves equaliser and then our winning penalty meant to him....he will be a huge player for us, people are expecting him to adapt to the Premier League far too quickly but he's getting there. Hopefully our midfield enforcer for years to come.

Appreciation post

As much as McAtee changed the game on Saturday, Jayden Bogle in the second half was simply brilliant, best 45 minutes in a Blades shirt by far.

And for anyone who doubts the commitment of Souza have a watch back and see how much the Wolves equaliser and then our winning penalty meant to him....he will be a huge player for us, people are expecting him to adapt to the Premier League far too quickly but he's getting there. Hopefully our midfield enforcer for years to come.

I feel that baldock and Bogle just have some sort of additional understanding and connection. The latter looking way more comfortable with A reliable George Behind him and likewise was happy to track back for him when required.

I feel that baldock and Bogle just have some sort of additional understanding and connection. The latter looking way more comfortable with A reliable George Behind him and likewise was happy to track back for him when required.
I think he knew that Furious would have taken him round the back for a kicking if he'd screwed up on George's watch.

Appreciation post

I've always thought Bogle would be better in a attacking midfield role, he could replace Norwood for me.
Souza is, as you say going to be a big big player for us.

Appreciation post

I’m sorry but I dont really care about his ‘reaction’. The lad has ability but in my view doesn’t contribute enough. If his name was Osborne or Norwood he’d be getting pellets on here. There is a new myth that because he is big he’s a ball winner - he’s not. He needs to contribute more cos we can’t carry him for much longer.

I put 'Souza's shit' in a Whatsapp group chat at 3.40pm last Saturday, after which he got so much better.

Let's try another one.

Brewster's shit.

For Souza, if what Hecky says is true. He had verily little football pre season and was not 100% match fit. Yet he’s played so many minutes for us so far he must be some well conditioned athlete. Sounds like a challenge for our training sessions to break him…6 months back on grass soon

For me he's growing into the season ,he's got the raw tools .

Appreciation post

You, me and 25,000 others had the exact same reaction as Souza and we don't get paid big bucks every week.

I'd love it if Souza came good, but I reckon we'll be able to make a better judgement just before the JTW arrives.

I’m sorry but I dont really care about his ‘reaction’. The lad has ability but in my view doesn’t contribute enough. If his name was Osborne or Norwood he’d be getting pellets on here. There is a new myth that because he is big he’s a ball winner - he’s not. He needs to contribute more cos we can’t carry him for much longer.

OK, opinion understood....but I couldn't disagree more.

Personally I think Souza will go on to the very top. He's 24, he's huge, athletic and hard as fuck.....completely the opposite of Norwood and Osborn, (and Fleck If you want to throw him in as well)...

Spot on. There was a quick break from Wolves that ended just as he was meandering over the halfway line. Slow and ponderous on the ball and for the ‘enforcer’ see how many goals conceded this season

He's definitely growing on me.
I'm at odds with most on here but I kinda like what I'm seeing.
As he has got fitter he's making more interventions and stopping players running at us with the ball. Also effective being used as a target for Wes in Ollie's absence getting flick ones which Archer and others are reading.
Driving up the pitch carrying the ball he looks too ponderous but his passing accuracy is top notch, if not very progressive.

With Souza and Slimane it's easy to forget how hard it is to adapt to the pace of English football.

They are both clearly
good players as you don't play a full season in LaLiga or win 20 caps for your country without having ability. However they are both used to a slower pace of game. They both also have the physique to thrive and will eventually get up to speed and then will be the time to judge them.

Unfortunately for us we need them to contribute more now but given our dearth of resources we've had to play Souza regularly as there's no better alternative.

One thing I'm pretty confident of is they will both look a lot better next season. English football is littered with overseas players who didn't look they good initially
but went on to do a lot better

With Souza and Slimane it's easy to forget how hard it is to adapt to the pace of English football.

They are both clearly
good players as you don't play a full season in LaLiga or win 20 caps for your country without having ability. However they are both used to a slower pace of game. They both also have the physique to thrive and will eventually get up to speed and then will be the time to judge them.

Unfortunately for us we need them to contribute more now but given our dearth of resources we've had to play Souza regularly as there's no better alternative.

One thing I'm pretty confident of is they will both look a lot better next season. English football is littered with overseas players who didn't look they good initially
but went on to do a lot better
Sums up the issues that we have right now as a club. We have no choice but to invest in future potential from abroad because we simply don't have the spending power to sign the finished articles. If some come good quite quickly then all the better and might give us a fighting chance.

If it doesn't then we can go and have a successful season in the Championship with players who are ready and raring to go the next time around and hopefully stand us in better stead.

Back
Top Bottom