Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

whos that on floor bremner ? and giles great footballer but very clever dirty little git knew just when to stick boot in usually just after ref has turned his back undoubtedly the dirtiest side ive ever seen more so in the 60s
My dad would agree with you on that; every time we played Leeds he would spend the whole match muttering about that team, no matter how far in the past it might have been. For example, the famous Worthington Cup game in the 2002/03 Triple Assault Season when he was highly delighted to add the Leeds fans to his charge sheet. Hence at the 2006 promotion celebration game where we were seated on John Street close to the away end: "Look at that 'orrible lot; not only did they have the dirtiest team I've ever seen wi' Bremner and Giles, they'll probably be good enough to start throwing our seats onto t'pitch again."

He would usually go on to explain how he'd always disliked Leeds more than Wednesday. Those who were fortunate enough to experience my dad at a United match can, like me, most likely hear his voice as they read this. By 'eck, I do miss t'owd lad!

My dad would agree with you on that; every time we played Leeds he would spend the whole match muttering about that team, no matter how far in the past it might have been. For example, the famous Worthington Cup game in the 2002/03 Triple Assault Season when he was highly delighted to add the Leeds fans to his charge sheet. Hence at the 2006 promotion celebration game where we were seated on John Street close to the away end: "Look at that 'orrible lot; not only did they have the dirtiest team I've ever seen wi' Bremner and Giles, they'll probably be good enough to start throwing our seats onto t'pitch again."

He would usually go on to explain how he'd always disliked Leeds more than Wednesday. Those who were fortunate enough to experience my dad at a United match can, like me, most likely hear his voice as they read this. By 'eck, I do miss t'owd lad!
Dads and Lads.jpg

saw them at swillsbro easter monday 1965 they lost 3 - 0 to wednesday but it was the dirtiest crudest display i have ever seen from any team in over 60 years of watching football in todays game they would have had at least 4 sent off that day

saw them at swillsbro easter monday 1965 they lost 3 - 0 to wednesday but it was the dirtiest crudest display i have ever seen from any team in over 60 years of watching football in todays game they would have had at least 4 sent off that day
Always difficult when Wednesday play Leeds. You just want both sides to lose.

Speedway Len Williams (3).jpgGoing back a little, wondered if anyone on here remembers him or saw him race.

was at that quarter final how we didnt beat leeds that day i will never know think we hit post and crossbar 3 times and 1 kicked off the line
Me too. I have this vague memory of Charlton(?) standing on our goal line for a L**ds corner and he was about a foot taller than Hodgy🤔

Back
Top Bottom