Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Two more pics taken from the top of the old quarry on Archer Road, Millhouses.
Mar 1988
The first photo below shows the original frontage layout of Sainsbury's, with the Aldi and Tesco stores yet to be built.
Abbeydale school is still there in the background - now new housing.
Prior to Sainsbury's being on the site, there were the brickworks. I remember quite clearly the cluster of brick kilns at the southern (left) end of the photo - with Millhouse Station and engine sheds directly behind.

From Archer Road quarry B Mar 1988.jpg

The second photo below is across part of the Laycock site which is now the Periwood housing estate, with the old Woodside brickwork in the distance - now the site of Homebase et al.

From Archer Road quarry  A Mar 1988.jpg

Still is. Although perhaps not as much. I remember TC lived there , Ted Hemsley I think, John Hope was always around. Nice place.
I still see Len at Ted shopping at Sainsbury's in Dronfield. Paul Beezley too. TC is now at Worksop.

Two more pics taken from the top of the old quarry on Archer Road, Millhouses.
Mar 1988
The first photo below shows the original frontage layout of Sainsbury's, with the Aldi and Tesco stores yet to be built.
Abbeydale school is still there in the background - now new housing.
Prior to Sainsbury's being on the site, there were the brickworks. I remember quite clearly the cluster of brick kilns at the southern (left) end of the photo - with Millhouse Station and engine sheds directly behind.

View attachment 104846

The second photo below is across part of the Laycock site which is now the Periwood housing estate, with the old Woodside brickwork in the distance - now the site of Homebase et al.

View attachment 104847
I once had a temporary job as a driver at the old S&E Co-op depot at Archer Lane. It was at the other end, where Home Bargains is now, I think. The Co-op dairy was on the same site.

roger kirkpatrick the ref ? got chucked out of boys queue by a copper on john st trying to get in kop been there half an hour anall mind was 19 lol ended up getting in top of shoreham st and ending up round by cricket pitch
Yep, that has to be him reffing. Proper character.

roger kirkpatrick the ref ? got chucked out of boys queue by a copper on john st trying to get in kop been there half an hour anall mind was 19 lol ended up getting in top of shoreham st and ending up round by cricket pitch

Yep, that has to be him reffing. Proper character.

Back
Top Bottom