Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

where was suggs in that photo? It was on pinstone street when I was a kid
s22920.jpg

Sounds like my Saturdays as well

Did you ever pluck a Gibson Humming Bird in Wilson Peck's grappler?

I did! Loadsa times! Usually when no one was looking!

Oh the thrill of verboden vrucht eh?

And then on to Billy Dearden's chip shop on West St for a chip butty before the game!

And then on to Billy Dearden's chip shop on West St for a chip butty before the game!

Downstairs in Wilson Peck is where they sold tickets for the City Hall concerts. Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, David Bowie etc, Bert bought 'em all.

Could Farooq possibly be the foreign guy rather than Steve?
Believe Steve was from Poland...and Farouk from Sheffield...

Remember going in there aged about 9/10 with stringjunior and Steve wasn't having anymore of my blond type bowl affair... 30 mins later short back and sides with a quiff type spammed up at the front... MEGA

Believe Steve was from Poland...and Farouk from Sheffield...

Remember going in there aged about 9/10 with stringjunior and Steve wasn't having anymore of my blond type bowl affair... 30 mins later short back and sides with a quiff type spammed up at the front... MEGA

Steve's real name was probably Sczchczwzcz

A couple more interesting photos from a 1971 programme vs watford with a few clips from the game against cardiff a few days earlier, both of which I saw as a kid. Was a terrific era and we were promoted and faced Arsenal away in the first match of the next season and we won 1-0 and were top of the old first division (now premiership) for several weeks until that fateful match at old trafford and that bloody george best goal they show on TV all too often.

View attachment 21133 View attachment 21133 View attachment 21134
Thanks for sharing those pics,it has just brought memories back of probably one of the best football nites i have seen over the years at BDTBL.

In those days I was too shy to play the guitars in store, as I only knew a handful of chords! Used to just stand staring at them!

I used to work in that Sheffield Savings Bank branch!
I remember once an elderly lady customer came in, ashen faced and clearly upset, We asked her what was wrong, and she said "I've just gone into next door by mistake! I NEVER go into THOSE sort of places!"
I used to have an account there JD. At one stage I think I'd amassed almost a tenner. ;)

Back
Top Bottom