Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

s22920.jpg
If I had to go to town with me mam deal was we went in Suggs.
Oh and Redgates failing that Maces pet shop in the Market.

english-league-division-two-match-at-bramall-lane-sheffield-united-entxkd.jpg

What was the story behind the old wing on John Street, from personal memory it had been a condemned section of the ground ever since I've been going to the Lane
It was the original John Street Stand. pre-dating the 1896 built affair we all knew and loved!
It might have been known as The Booth (at least to some old blokes I used to sit near)
I have been in there, (probably sneaked in at an early 80s reserve match) and it was very old dusty and shaky! It would also make a damn fine place from which to throw objects onto those unfortunates on the away end :D

Saw India at the lane late 60s boiling hot day sat on the Kop steps.
Remember a spin bowler called Bedi sporting the turban.
Great pictures by the way Bert

Ahh, the great Bishan Bedi. Great bowler through the 60s and 70s, played at Northants for quite a few years.

58284.jpg

Like the one of Suggs on Pinstone Street. What an emporium that was! Could spend hours in there looking at footy boots and trainers. Then off to Wilson Pecks to look at guitars. And downstairs in the basement, or off to Phillip Canns on Chapel walk, to look at records. Never bought anything but liked looking.

That little arcade down the side of Suggs (Pinstone Arcade) was charming too. There was the first Sweeney barber shop in there. 2 blokes, one with a beard and blond hair and one with a rash and dark hair, delivering trendy haircuts to the youth of the day.

Great memories!

Like the one of Suggs on Pinstone Street. What an emporium that was! Could spend hours in there looking at footy boots and trainers. Then off to Wilson Pecks to look at guitars. And downstairs in the basement, or off to Phillip Canns on Chapel walk, to look at records. Never bought anything but liked looking.

That little arcade down the side of Suggs (Pinstone Arcade) was charming too. There was the first Sweeney barber shop in there. 2 blokes, one with a beard and blond hair and one with a rash and dark hair, delivering trendy haircuts to the youth of the day.

Great memories!

I meant "tash" not "rash" - I didn't know him that well!

Back
Top Bottom