Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

itsinyerblood

Reaction score
Great selection Bert, well done mate.

I used to have jackets made at Barney Goodman's when they arrived on Eccy Road. A small group of post-mods were regulars, I leaned towards a homage of William Holden and his 4-pocketed jacket. Like so many small businesses they've vanished.

Boxer Blade

Reaction score
ca
Cambridge arcade, after games at Bramall lane we used to go down there and chant obscenities at the staff(and customers) at johnny fanthams hairdressers, on more than one occasion somebody would throw a brick at the window and smash it, after 2/3 times somebody threw a brick, unknown to us the bastards had put in unbrakeable glass, it rebounded and hit the lad who had thrown it, the staff fucking loved it!

brownie

Reaction score
ca
Cambridge arcade, after games at Bramall lane we used to go down there and chant obscenities at the staff(and customers) at johnny fanthams hairdressers, on more than one occasion somebody would throw a brick at the window and smash it, after 2/3 times somebody threw a brick, unknown to us the bastards had put in unbrakeable glass, it rebounded and hit the lad who had thrown it, the staff fucking loved it!
Johnny Fantham cut my hair a few times when i was a kid. Brownie Snr and most of the firemen at Sheffield Division Fire Station used to be regulars in there as it was just down the road.

He was actually a decent bloke, used to talk to me about Sheffield football when he used to cut my hair.

stringjunior

Reaction score
Johnny Fantham cut my hair a few times when i was a kid. Brownie Snr and most of the firemen at Sheffield Division Fire Station used to be regulars in there as it was just down the road.

He was actually a decent bloke, used to talk to me about Sheffield football when he used to cut my hair.
Ditto

SouthEssexBlade

...for wit and sage wisdom
Reaction score

I was a regular in JF's. He had a foreign guy, Steve I think he was called, who was great for some football banter. 15 minute hair cut, 45 minute argument :)

Sean Thornton

Reaction score
Bert would get a triple like for the cricket one if it were possible.

For all the stickball experts, is that Phil Sharpe taking another fine catch?

Isn't that John Hampshire next to him? Boycs was saying how good JH was at slip only last week.

stringjunior

Reaction score
I was a regular in JF's. He had a foreign guy, Steve I think he was called, who was great for some football banter. 15 minute hair cut, 45 minute argument :)
Yes, Steve. And there was farooq too who had the window chair. and another bloke who's name I never remembered who had the middle chair.

brownie

Reaction score
They were playing Derbyshire in that photo. Presumably Jimmy Binks keeping wicket.
So who was Yorkshire playing in the other photo. I suspected it might be Yorkshire v The Australians at Bramall Lane in 1948, but trying to be a clever arse and posting the cricinfo link to the scorecard, i found out it wasn't that game as on the scoreboard is says the last man was out for 63, and nobody was dismissed for 63 in that match.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Top Bottom