Manager Suggestion after Wilder Walks

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wilder Walks sounds like a show you'd find on Netflix

Dyche, Burnley have just been taken over. Owners may want a new direction for the club (not saying they do, but they could)

Cooper would be good but it would effectively be a sideways move for him unless he was given money to spend. Much to my surprise, I've been impressed by Gerrard, both tactically and by his manner. I would have liked Cook but he's now obviously off the market.
A few lower probability or left field suggestions - Favre, Klinsman, Jardim and I wonder whether Benitez has has enough of earning a fortune in China yet

Cooper would be good but it would effectively be a sideways move for him unless he was given money to spend. Much to my surprise, I've been impressed by Gerrard, both tactically and by his manner. I would have liked Cook but he's now obviously off the market.
A few lower probability or left field suggestions - Favre, Klinsman, Jardim and I wonder whether Benitez has has enough of earning a fortune in China yet

Brett Favre was a legendary Quarterback but i’m not sure if he’s suited for a managerial position.
Have you been watching Ted Lasso?

Brett Favre was a legendary Quarterback but i’m not sure if he’s suited for a managerial position.
Have you been watching Ted Lasso?
Haha tbh Brett Favre would do a better job than several previous incumbents.

However, Lucien Favre might do an even better job!

Some of these suggestions make me laugh.
Lampard, couldn't get Derby promoted with a much bigger budget than Wilder.
Cooper, one good season, no experience of premiership.
Villa Boas, never managed in championship and had a massive budget and mega wages.
Dyche, he'd not come to us unless he was sacked, hes a premiership manager
Eddie Howe, took Bournemouth down spent a fortune.

Chris Wilder is the right man, don't forget our last 4 years before this one and dont let a set of exceptional circumstances rob us of the best man for the job
UTB

I don't see CW leaving unless some major falling out, if he is replaced how about Scotland's manager Steve Clarke. I know we've had 4 great years under CW but this season has tested even my belief he should stay, football is a business pure and simple no place for sentiment.

Out of interest, why hasn’t Wilder walked?

Maybe the fact he's on nearly £2m per year with 3 years of his contract left and if he walks he walks he gets nothing.

Even if, as suggested by Nixon in The Scum this morning, the board are waiting for us to be relegated thus having to pay him out at a reduced rate due to any relegation clauses in his contract they aren't going to be more than 50% at an absolute maximum so he'd still be walking away from a £3m payout.

He just hasn't had the type of career where he could walk away from those sort of sums unlike someone like Morinho for instance who has had multiple huge payouts upon sackings.

I'd say Gerrard, but I'm not sure he could manage the step up from winning the Scottish premiership to mid table championship.

I'd say Gerrard, but I'm not sure he could manage the step up from winning the Scottish premiership to mid table championship.

Gerrard will be Manager at Anfield inside 12 months.........

Dyche to take over at Celtic................Wilder to go to Burnley.......Sheffield United to get some no-mark from the Belgian second division.

Should we be in a position where we're needing a new manager in the summer, there'll be a lot worse CVs arriving on the Prince's desk than Frank Lampard's...

(Hopefully there'll be some better ones too, but just saying)

Back
Top Bottom