Leeds....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

South Bucks

Reaction score
I'm glad all these people who worry about everything don't follow us away, it would spoil the atmosphere, there was non of that at WBA, all behind the team, and at many other away matches this season.

Its why i prefer away matches to home matches these days.

Get a grip please, worriers usually fail, a more positive attitude is more likely to succeed.

LS26BLADE

Reaction score
3B1D0C55-764A-45A0-A62B-9E3D755F21E7.png Glasto which of us has commited the most fouls? I’m not sure we are a physical side :-/

sheffielder

Welcome Positive Nigel
Reaction score
I don’t necessarily mean by committing fouls I mean you’re a side that has physical presence I.e big man up top looking for knock downs & sharpe to play off.
It is Sharp, however madine has played what 4 games. He has not defined how we have got to 2nd place.

To call us physical is a it of an insult to be honest and usually comes from people who don’t watch much football apart from their own team.

PokerBlade

Reaction score
I don’t necessarily mean by committing fouls I mean you’re a side that has physical presence I.e big man up top looking for knock downs & sharpe to play off.
Yes, but this isn't how we play. Sharp's spent the season playing alongside McGoldrick who is pretty weak when it comes to anything other than the ball at his feet.

bromtom

Reaction score
Since Madine came maybe 40% of the time we use him for knock downs, the other 60% is a mix of our usual tight passing/ wing play and we've added a bit more countering too.

Without Madine though we couldn't win a header in an advanced position to save our lives, McG probably wins one or two headers a game out of maybe 10-20. Sharp is a better holdup man and he's 5 foot 9, so no big man.

Our style has been playing out and getting down the wings en masse, playing triangles around the wings, and switching play through Duffy/Norwood/Fleck to the other side and back until we work a space to get a ball in.

We're not physical at all. To be honest it's rare our players ever touch the opposition outside of set pieces, we try to pass around people rather than force our way through.

ucandomagic

Reaction score
We've had 100 more shots then you mate, you are certainly more clinical then us:D
We both average 1.7 goals per game.

Infogol have Leeds average expected goals from chances created as 1.5 per game and Blades as 1.6.

So we are both slightly more clinical than our chances would suggest, and Leeds are slightly more clinical than us.

Fulwood Blade

Reaction score
The Daily Mail this morning are suggesting that Leeds owner Radrizzani is in financial trouble after pumping in £30m of his own money to fund the promotion push over the past two seasons. This season is a gamble to get out and if it doesn't happen then serious cost cutting will be needed next season. It won't effect this season though. Bielsa is reputed to be on £3.4m per season.

What this shows yet again is the gambles that some clubs are prepared to make. I believe a recent wage analysis of Champ clubs showed Villas wage bill to be £60m per season.

It's unsustainable in the 2nd tier. Melt down in Leeds if they don't go up.

UTB

LS26BLADE

Reaction score
That is absolute bullshit - to call us a ‘physical’ side is an insult to football.

mattbianco1

king of avatars, since 2008
Reaction score
Tbf to us with our injuries this season its a miracle we are where we are.

We've had i think its 45 individual injuries this season, enough for 2 each player and a combined total of 3-4 seasons missed in games, 140/150.

We haven't been winning well for a while, but we should have, if we were as clinical as you and Norwich and WBA we'd be well ahead. As MB has said all season we have needed to many chances to score, yet we could go top tomorrow night, if we were more clinical then how many points would we have?

For the first time this season we are approaching a fully fit squad, 2 players back tomorrow, Jack Clarke back hopefully for WBA, Forshaw for the following week, that leaves only Roofe.

We have a chance of being top tomorrow despite all our injuries all season, despite having the conversion rate of the bottom few sides.
How many injuries have been caused by an opposing player and how many have been caused by being "overworked" ? Genuine question.

Glasto

Reaction score
That is absolute bullshit - to call us a ‘physical’ side is an insult to football.
You all seem to be getting touchy over me saying physical. I aren’t saying you’re a big Sam’s Bolton, I’m saying you have players that have a physical presence & that’s exactly why you signed madine to have a physical presence up top.

Glasto

Reaction score
How many injuries have been caused by an opposing player and how many have been caused by being "overworked" ? Genuine question.
There was a interview with our head physio rob price in the YEP I’ll post the link I’m pretty sure he said 80% were impact injuries 20% muscle.

Broomhall Blade

Reaction score
I'm glad all these people who worry about everything don't follow us away, it would spoil the atmosphere, there was non of that at WBA, all behind the team, and at many other away matches this season.

Its why i prefer away matches to home matches these days.

Get a grip please, worriers usually fail, a more positive attitude is more likely to succeed.
Do you have any stats to back that up ?:D

Chali 2na

The Tuna fish that descended from Lake Michigan
Reaction score
Are you not with the likes of madine & up top with sharpe playing off him. Fleck likes to put himself about.
You all seem to be getting touchy over me saying physical. I aren’t saying you’re a big Sam’s Bolton, I’m saying you have players that have a physical presence & that’s exactly why you signed madine to have a physical presence up top.
The reason you're taking so much flack for calling us "physical" is because it's a euphemism for direct hoofball.

We have players who can compete physically, as you mentioned like Fleck and Sharp, but that's because the championship is a physical league in terms of strong challenges and high intensity - players like that are needed to be competitive.

Gary Madine has been brought in purely as a plan B, for when teams sit deep. But even then we're not direct in a traditional sense.

Booker4

Reaction score
Since Madine came maybe 40% of the time we use him for knock downs, the other 60% is a mix of our usual tight passing/ wing play and we've added a bit more countering too.

Without Madine though we couldn't win a header in an advanced position to save our lives, McG probably wins one or two headers a game out of maybe 10-20. Sharp is a better holdup man and he's 5 foot 9, so no big man.

Our style has been playing out and getting down the wings en masse, playing triangles around the wings, and switching play through Duffy/Norwood/Fleck to the other side and back until we work a space to get a ball in.

We're not physical at all. To be honest it's rare our players ever touch the opposition outside of set pieces, we try to pass around people rather than force our way through.
Great post there, summed up how we use Madine brilliantly. It hasn't resulted in hoof ball as some thought it would. In fairness to McGoldrick, he did win a few headers on Saturday. I am getting really annoyed at his continuing shooting at the near post from out wide though. Did it v Villa, Boro and on Saturday. I'd expect that from a young pro, but McGoldrick should know better.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Top Bottom