Player Suggestion Jess Lingaard

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'd like to think we'd be getting more than just some experience for 100k a week. I would imagine he meant he'd pay 100k a week to a completely game changing free transfer.

I'm sure Forest though the same last summer and he hardly did owt.
I didn’t mean pay him £100k, it was just an example and a point about what the Prince said. Lingaard is a better footballer than Origi who some were happy to see be paid £100k to loan which I thought was ridiculous too.

Lingaard is currently not playing football, he can’t call the shots, if he wants to play football he might need to consider playing for a lot less?

Lingaard is a very good footballer, let’s not forget about that, he played very well at West Ham and has played international football, he isn’t a bad player by any stretch of the imagination, he’d make our squad considerably stronger.

Try to forget about his time at Forest, they’re a basket case club and some players just don’t fit certain clubs, he’s proved he’s good enough if given the right management.

I didn’t mean pay him £100k, it was just an example and a point about what the Prince said. Lingaard is a better footballer than Origi who some were happy to see be paid £100k to loan which I thought was ridiculous too.

Lingaard is currently not playing football, he can’t call the shots, if he wants to play football he might need to consider playing for a lot less?

Lingaard is a very good footballer, let’s not forget about that, he played very well at West Ham and has played international football, he isn’t a bad player by any stretch of the imagination, he’d make our squad considerably stronger.

Try to forget about his time at Forest, they’re a basket case club and some players just don’t fit certain clubs, he’s proved he’s good enough if given the right management.
He’s a very wealthy man with plenty of interests outside of football. When did he last play a competitive game? What makes you think he still has the hunger & commitment and is prepared to make the necessary sacrifices to play at the top level?

The fact is, we have no idea. But there might be reasons nobody has taken an expensive punt on him. Or maybe he’s had offers but has priced himself out of the level he is probably at now.

He’s a very wealthy man with plenty of interests outside of football. When did he last play a competitive game? What makes you think he still has the hunger & commitment and is prepared to make the necessary sacrifices to play at the top level?

The fact is, we have no idea. But there might be reasons nobody has taken an expensive punt on him. Or maybe he’s had offers but has priced himself out of the level he is probably at now.
You’re asking me stupid questions NJ that I clearly can’t answer and you can’t either so that’s pointless, I’m only saying I personally think he’d do a good job at the Blades and we need someone exactly like a player with his attributes.

I think you could well be right with your last sentence but again we don’t know so I’m not sure what you’re trying to say or ask me that I can give you an answer too?

You’re asking me stupid questions NJ that I clearly can’t answer and you can’t either so that’s pointless, I’m only saying I personally think he’d do a good job at the Blades and we need someone exactly like a player with his attributes.

I think you could well be right with your last sentence but again we don’t know so I’m not sure what you’re trying to say or ask me that I can give you an answer too?
Why are they stupid questions? I think they are very pertinent questions that the club would need answers to. They might already have those answers with the result that it’s a non starter.

Why are they stupid questions? I think they are very pertinent questions that the club would need answers to. They might already have those answers with the result that it’s a non starter.
Ah right, they sounded very much like you was asking me, that’s why I asked. If you wasn’t then fair enough.

Jack Rodwell? Please explain? Rodwell isn’t the same kind of player or in the same league as Lingaard.
My guess would be it's not so much a reference to position and more the reputation Rodwell gained from the Netflix documentary. Player on a big wage who is content with sitting on the bench and drawing said wage until the contract is up.

My guess would be it's not so much a reference to position and more the reputation Rodwell gained from the Netflix documentary. Player on a big wage who is content with sitting on the bench and drawing said wage until the contract is up.
I think Lingaard wants to play but it just didn’t work out for him at a basket case club, just like it happens to loads of players everywhere, Sancho, Havertz at Chelsea, Torres at Chelsea back in the day, they aren’t bad footballers, that’s just a few examples, there’s loads, I might be wrong but it’s the impression I get from him, mbf.

In short I don’t think he’s fuck all like Rodwell, he said as much when he was at West Ham, he just wants to play, obviously Forest offered stupid wages, they’re not a good club to judge anything on.

I'm assuming that Davies is going to try and play the role Lingard would. I also think McAtee being here pretty much kills a move like this.

There are 5 starting positions. Hamer, Souza, McBurnie and Archer are playing if fit. Norwood is still here. As are Osborn, Coulibaly, Fleck. I would sign Lingard because I think he's a good player. I think, the way United operate there is no more 'budget' to allocate to midfield

I think Lingaard wants to play but it just didn’t work out for him at a basket case club, just like it happens to loads of players everywhere, Sancho, Havertz at Chelsea, Torres at Chelsea back in the day, they aren’t bad footballers, that’s just a few examples, there’s loads, I might be wrong but it’s the impression I get from him, mbf.

In short I don’t think he’s fuck all like Rodwell, he said as much when he was at West Ham, he just wants to play, obviously Forest offered stupid wages, they’re not a good club to judge anything on.
True. If he's looking for a chance to get game time and get his career kickstarted again, fairplay to him. But at the same time there is the question of how strong that motivation is when you consider his wages and what he's prepared to accept. Would he accept a massive pay cut to make himself affordable to other clubs if it meant he could get game time or is he going to insist on wages that immediately prices out most of the clubs that would be in for him?

I haven't really followed what been going on with him that much so maybe he is in which case fair enough but if he's not, you have to wonder. Let's face it, he wouldn't be the first player to have their career stalled by accepting daft wages from man utd.

True. If he's looking for a chance to get game time and get his career kickstarted again, fairplay to him. But at the same time there is the question of how strong that motivation is when you consider his wages and what he's prepared to accept. Would he accept a massive pay cut to make himself affordable to other clubs if it meant he could get game time or is he going to insist on wages that immediately prices out most of the clubs that would be in for him?

I haven't really followed what been going on with him that much so maybe he is in which case fair enough but if he's not, you have to wonder. Let's face it, he wouldn't be the first player to have their career stalled by accepting daft wages from man utd.
I think we’ll find a lot out soon enough mbf on what his plans are, I think he could be holding out in the hope West Ham come in for him again as he really enjoyed his football there but I don’t know what West Ham’s finances are like? as I say, I think we’ll find out soon enough because a player of his calibre won’t be not playing football at some capacity.

You’re right about Man Utd, they’re another basket case club who have spoiled a lot of players over the years.

Wasn't he begging to join a Saudi clinic recently? He knows his career is pretty much done now just wants a last big pay day before he joins wrexham on pay as you play.

a fit tom davies comes in for norwood for me like tommy doyle came in for norwood last season and i think in tough away games mcburnie will play up to with mcatee in behind wouldnt suprise me to see archer start from the bench in these type of games

a fit tom davies comes in for norwood for me like tommy doyle came in for norwood last season and i think in tough away games mcburnie will play up to with mcatee in behind wouldnt suprise me to see archer start from the bench in these type of games
I suppose it depends on the "tough" team, because Archer as a lone striker would work on the counter as well.

I suppose it depends on the "tough" team, because Archer as a lone striker would work on the counter as well.
yes he could i think in winnable home games it will be a front 3 of archer mcburnie and mcatee with souza and hamer as the 2 in midfield tom davies will probably be used more in away games imo

Could he come in for 6 months and just enjoy his football.

Him on the right, Brereton-Diaz on the left, Archer or one of the others in the middle?

Harsh on Brooks but gives us a creative looking midfield of McAtee-Souza-Hamer.

Get Schmeichel in the goal and possibly a centre back of Chris feels the need and we can have a decent go at it.

All those coming in are good enough to go straight into the XI.

Chris wanted Lingard before and maybe he could make something of it this time?

If he's sacked off his agents and just wants to play football therefore taking a reasonable wage fitting in with our structure I'd take him. 6 months with an option and relegation wage reduction

Smells of a classic Wilder "project"

Hopefully after they all failed after mcgoldrick he's realised not to do this

Blokes a pillock.

If it’s taken him this long to realise he just wants to play football and sacked his agents then he’s as stupid and materialistic as the impression he gives.

31- Hardly played for years, and been heading downhill. Lacked the professionalism to do something about that which also casts aspersions on the type of character he’d be in a relegation fight.

Unless he’s on pay as he plays then wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole

Could he come in for 6 months and just enjoy his football.

Him on the right, Brereton-Diaz on the left, Archer or one of the others in the middle?

Harsh on Brooks but gives us a creative looking midfield of McAtee-Souza-Hamer.

Get Schmeichel in the goal and possibly a centre back of Chris feels the need and we can have a decent go at it.

All those coming in are good enough to go straight into the XI.

Chris wanted Lingard before and maybe he could make something of it this time?
The lack of playing time in the last 12 months would be a major concern. He wouldn’t be fit until March, by which time we could well be down.

He would have been a good loan signing when he went to West Ham a couple of years ago but I’d steer clear now.

Nearly 12 months on from any competitive football. Tried going for the £ Saudi money which fell flat on its face. Probably due to his wage demands. Questionable attitude. We would be bonkers to sign him.

Didn't everyone say this about Andros Townsend?

He hadn't played for a long time, multiple injury issues, always on talksport or doing media - he seems to be doing quite well for Luton.

Give him a play as play contract, bonus if we stay up, don't see where the risk is as long as it's not silly money - which given his lack of options won't be likely anyway.

He hadn't played for a long time, multiple injury issues, always on talksport or doing media - he seems to be doing quite well for Luton.

Give him a play as play contract, bonus if we stay up, don't see where the risk is as long as it's not silly money - which given his lack of options won't be likely anyway.

As far as I'm aware. No one has ever questioned ATs professionalism or attitude. Probably more to his lack of game time and general fitness/injury record. I would have signed him TBH. But he didn't fit the profile of player we were after in the summer.

Fuck me, he’s exactly the sort of player we should take a big swerve around!!

Difference is lingaard comes across as a massive bell end. Thinks he's 10x better than he actually is and IMHO isn't up for a relegation fight. He's a prima Donna.

And regards you saying as long as its not silly money.. as mentioned before, he priced himself out of big money from the Saudi leagues!!! Let that sink in, and he was reportedly on around £100k pw at forest (where he didn't pull up any trees, no pun intended).

He’s the epitome of most things that are regrettable about the 21st century Prem footballer, right?

That may not all be his fault—he’s a product of the environment he swims in.

We couldn’t afford him anyway. But it’s to the credit of our club that, collectively, we’d struggle think of a less likely Sheff Utd signing than Lingard?

Back
Top Bottom