Outgoing? David Brooks

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reedy_22

Reaction score
Looks likely to go out on loan to Chesterfield.

If this happens it will be interesting keeping tabs on his development playing in league two next season.

Be a good signing for them on loan. Brooks looks a real talent and Chesterfield under Caldwell do look to pass it around with similar formation and style to ourselves.

Great signing for them if so but I wouldn't have expected him to 1) stay with us and 2) go as low as L2.

Good move for him this. A 'mans league' will toughen him up no end.

I thought he was out of contract this summer and haven't seen anything about him extending. Am I mistaken or did I miss something?

Utd's promotion would make it even more difficult to blood youngsters such as Brooks (& Whiteman) so IMHO the loan is a good idea. Although Chesterfield makes sense (he'll get game time, the close proximity to allow monitoring, a sweetener to the Evans deal etc), I'm a little surprised it will be season long and in L2. Sure, see how he gets on through to Xmas but if he's doing well, perhaps a stretch to a L1 club would do him more good. I suppose the club could always recall him but that has the potential to upset Chesterfield.

Andy Giddings just tweeted that we've apparently withdrawn our loan offer to Chesterfield. Is he going to get a crack at first team then, or maybe go to league 1 instead?

Might be selling him ... He did win player of the tournament at Toulon

Hopefully he will get a run in the team but we all know what will happen if a PL team comes knocking.....................

legs-spreading_o_44361.jpg

Right decision I think. Would be a bit daft not to have him do pre season with us. We've been linked with attacking midfielders of a similar mould to him, maybe we're going to have a good look at him before signing any of them. He could be our option for the right wing.

Or maybe someone's flashed £1m at us and we're selling him. It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Last edited:

We've apparently assured Chesterfield that if Brooks doesn't look like featuring for us, the offer will be made to them again. He won't be loaned elsewhere.

Hopefully this means he's gonna get a crack at the first team over the summer and see how he does - it makes sense to utilise the assets we already have at the club before spunking on others. He looked a class above at that Toulon tournament, and seems to have the raw potential to do very well.

But having said that Wilder has seen him for over a year and didn't really give him a chance in the first team - never even put him on for say the last 20 mins when Duffy was tiring so wouldn't surprise me if we just cash in and sell him. Which would be a shame imo - i'd like to see him get a chance (would be nice to see players actually break into the first team before we cash in unlike DCL and Ramsdale - If just for the pure fact we'll get more money that way.)

Is he an out and out winger or can he play in behind the strikers as well. Anyone know?

Link for the not-loaning-elsewhere point:

Another one of JS's tweets says - it comes off the back of the Toulon tournament performances and "our manoeuvrings in the transfer market"

To me that suggests we could be struggling to get the AM across the line - maybe the Holmes deal isn't as elementary as it first appeared.

I'd be for giving him a chance - save a bundle of money and wages and utilise our assets - if he's still not quite ready then look again in August at an attacking midfielder with hopefully some Walker sale proceeds in the bank too - to enable us to make a statement signing rather than an aging holmes

Another one of JS's tweets says - it comes off the back of the Toulon tournament performances and "our manoeuvrings in the transfer market"

I'd suggest that could mean not signing Mackay-Steven - a left footed winger/attacking midfielder like Brooks.

Wouldn't it be amazing if one of our promising youngsters gets a first team place and doesn't get sold.

That's almost unthinkable.

My personal opinion is that I think that Duffy was as good if not better than Holmes, and we have carruthers. If we aren't going to significantly improve our midfield then let brooks be third on the depth chart.

Ideally for me I would like to improve on the holding midfielder role which would release fleck a bit more.

There isn't anyone I have seen linked that I would be upset if we didn't get, maybe jags but he has proven quality.

I know Everton have been watching him.

Whether that develops into a bid this summer, we'll see.

I'd suggest that could mean not signing Mackay-Steven - a left footed winger/attacking midfieolder.

That's almost unthinkable.

Or possibly even more likely that Holmes will be staying where he is

Surely you'd think if this move has been driven by the failure to sign someone, then we'd have other irons in the fire.

Seems a little strange that the approach would be something akin to, 'well Charlton have fucked us off for Holmes and Brookesy did ok in France, so just tell Chezzie they can't have him after all.'

I can't see how a loan to League 2 has suddenly gone to him being seen as possible first team material in the Championship, just off the back of some decent showings against other young players in Toulon.

My personal opinion is that I think that Duffy was as good if not better than Holmes, and we have carruthers. If we aren't going to significantly improve our midfield then let brooks be third on the depth chart.

Ideally for me I would like to improve on the holding midfielder role which would release fleck a bit more.

There isn't anyone I have seen linked that I would be upset if we didn't get, maybe jags but he has proven quality.
I cant see beyond the man bun. So its a no from me.

Back
Top Bottom