CCV

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Excellent tonight and as you say looking like a real player in the making, and yes we should be tapping Spurs up for a CM. As Staton said earlier though, there are probably several PL teams who fancy loaning us a player or 2 for the second half of the season. We should have no shortage of offers.

He played really well and was only shaded out of the man of the match stakes by the work rate, reading of the game and some sublime passes of John Fleck.

I thought JOC was a brick shithouse, but if he is then CCV is a concrete bunker.

In the NFL his QB would have all day to make the pass!

He was immense last night! I much prefer him at the right of the back three rather than the middle though, another selection headache when Baldock returns.

Does Bash come straight in and drop Wright or does Bash replace Coutts and keep the back three who are all performing so well

That tackle by CCV near the end of the first half was the best moment of the game, bar the goals. Clobbered him (cleanly), hooked the ball away, jumped to his feet, played a lovely little pass.

One hell of a tackle that was....Superb!

How good did he look tonight? He’s developing rapidly and will be a top, top player.

Has Pochettino got a centre mid he fancies sending up here? ;)

You'd think that all the top talent that are not currently getting a game would be well advised to come to us. Carter-Vickers and Blackman are both rapidly improving, one more in January me thinks...

I was thinking the other day about the comparison between him and Harry Maguire. If you think that at the same age Maguire was playing regularly for us in League 1 and CCV is now playing regularly for us at the top of the Championship then it indicates that CCV could have a very bright future ahead of him, considering how Maguire has developed.

If there is even the slightest possibility we could sign him permanently then we need to look into it.

He was immense last night! I much prefer him at the right of the back three rather than the middle though, another selection headache when Baldock returns.

Does Bash come straight in and drop Wright or does Bash replace Coutts and keep the back three who are all performing so well

100% correct on CCV, definitely looks stronger at right centre back. I also think Jake Wright has the ability to make young players next to him just look that little bit better, JOC and CCV seem to have their best games when Wright plays, for me that is our best back 3 at the moment. Bash looked awful at RWB last night, but I can forgive that, its definitely not his strongest position. We could move Bash into midfield, but just now I think I'd drop him to the Bench. I love his attitude and work rate, he will be a big player for us this season, but just now he isn't part of our strongest back 3 and isn't creative enough to play in midfield.

Why did CCV start the game following his international call up but Brooks was sat on the bench following his ?

Another good game from the lad...still the odd moment but getting better each game, bit like JOC last season.

100% correct on CCV, definitely looks stronger at right centre back. I also think Jake Wright has the ability to make young players next to him just look that little bit better, JOC and CCV seem to have their best games when Wright plays, for me that is our best back 3 at the moment. Bash looked awful at RWB last night, but I can forgive that, its definitely not his strongest position. We could move Bash into midfield, but just now I think I'd drop him to the Bench. I love his attitude and work rate, he will be a big player for us this season, but just now he isn't part of our strongest back 3 and isn't creative enough to play in midfield.

Basham is in the same category as Billy Sharp. They are both leaders, make the team tick and the rest of the players look up to them. Nuff said.

Basham is in the same category as Billy Sharp. They are both leaders, make the team tick and the rest of the players look up to them. Nuff said.

Is he undropable though? Where would you play him and instead of who?

Good player and clearly a top bloke, but for me he'd be on the bench on Tuesday night,

Why did CCV start the game following his international call up but Brooks was sat on the bench following his ?

Because unlike CCV he isn't currently the best option I his position. Duffy is on incredible form, Clark likewise and Billy is our captain, who scored two goals. Brooks young enough that being an impact player most games, with the occasional start, will do his development no harm. His time will come, but he won't start week in, week out.

Is he undropable though? Where would you play him and instead of who?

Good player and clearly a top bloke, but for me he'd be on the bench on Tuesday night,

I would play a back three of Bash, CCV & O'Connell with CCV in the middle.

Because unlike CCV he isn't currently the best option I his position. Duffy is on incredible form, Clark likewise and Billy is our captain, who scored two goals. Brooks young enough that being an impact player most games, with the occasional start, will do his development no harm. His time will come, but he won't start week in, week out.

Our 40 million pound player isn't our best option ??? Are you sure about that ? :mad:

Only joking . I'm in complete agreement with you :)

I would play a back three of Bash, CCV & O'Connell with CCV in the middle.

Sensible enough. I think O'Connell and Carter Vickers offer a better balance though. Plus Wright is the most calm and collected defender I've seen.

I was thinking the other day about the comparison between him and Harry Maguire. If you think that at the same age Maguire was playing regularly for us in League 1 and CCV is now playing regularly for us at the top of the Championship then it indicates that CCV could have a very bright future ahead of him, considering how Maguire has developed.

If there is even the slightest possibility we could sign him permanently then we need to look into it.
The problem is, the better he does with us, the less likely it is Spurs will want to get rid. He's on a long contract at a club with a record of developing players. If he keeps on how he has it's more likely he'll be in the Spurs squad next season than our first team.

The problem is, the better he does with us, the less likely it is Spurs will want to get rid. He's on a long contract at a club with a record of developing players. If he keeps on how he has it's more likely he'll be in the Spurs squad next season than our first team.

Oh definitely and that’s the problem with taking players on loan. If they do well then you have less chance of getting them permanently, if they play poorly then you won’t want them anyway.

His age also makes it less likely that we’ll get him permanently because at 19 he’s still got plenty of time to develop into a top class premiership defender

Back
Top Bottom