CCV

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just watching Spurs' £38M man Sanchez, one of the players pushing him down the pecking order. Sums up what's wrong with the Prem.

He had an absolute nightmare tonight by the sounds of it, but he's going to make mistakes. This is his first season in first team football and he's young and inexperienced. He was always going to be unreliable at times, but think on this.

He's played less than 20 first team games in his life and in a team who are 3rd in the Championship. Can't be that bad, can he?

Yep, he had a mare tonight..be interesting how he reacts in training and whether Stearman comes in.
Hopefully a one off, he’s been playing we’ll previous to tonight.

UTB!

Complete cock ups from him tonight and he couldn't handle being put under pressure.

He needs to learn from it and know that you can't dither on the ball for long when you are up against pace.

He didn’t have a bad game - but made a bad mistake.

No point slating the lad - he’ll know he’s made and error and will atone in future I’m sure.

If you have a 19 year old in defence you expect the odd mistake (that’s a 100% given) - it’s how they learn and improve that counts.

He didn’t have a bad game - but made a bad mistake.

No point slating the lad - he’ll know he’s made and error and will atone in future I’m sure.

If you have a 19 year old in defence you expect the odd mistake (that’s a 100% given) - it’s how they learn and improve that counts.

I couldn't agree with that more to be honest he has been playing well and think people have forgot he is a 19 year old lad and is still learning himself. For me as mentioned in other threads he was the man of the match for burton so really isn't that bad at all. I can't believe how quick some people are to jump on his back.

Makes the odd mistake but i certainly think hes a much better option than EEL from last season!

Still one big area for him to work on and that is communication. He dropped a big ricket tonight with his poor communication, and did a similar thing at QPR where he didn't seem to communicate well with Blackman.

I also think Jake Wright was poor tonight, and for the next match I would be looking at dropping him for Stearman.

Basham was adamant that CCV was at fault for the 3rd but I didn't get a good look at it, just saw the lad stood in the middle of our goal with an open net. Anyone got a good analysis of Fulham's third?

I was watching him as he came out for the 2nd half, head down, not even talking to his teammates looked pretty disheartened.

To repeat what people have said on here that he's only 19, first season of 1st team football he's gonna make mistakes.

But it just shows what this clubs all about when he came off with a standing 'ovation'. Don't know if that was for the actual substitution discission or just the fans supporting the young lad after 2 horrible mistakes.
Personally I'd like to say Fulham have been the best side I have seen for a while at the Lane.
Hopefully we'll learn from that and smash Birmingham at the weekend

UTB

CCV had a nightmare tonight, but prior to this game he has been superb and shown a maturity way beyond his years. To be honest we defended very poorly tonight against their quick pacey strikers.
I realise the scorelines not down to him, but I do think that Blackman seems very quiet, he's looking forward when maybe the defence are looking at him, for instance couldn't he have screamed at CCV to hoof the ball clear as he saw the player closing him down, I know CCV messed the pass up but Blackman didn't want it there. Couldn't he also have screamed at someone to pick Sessingon up at the back post for their third?
It cannot be denied, they did take their goals well, all five were good finishes :(

I thought that mistake was coming last night, we seemed very lacksadaisical spraying the ball around the back between the defence and Jamal, almost too cocky with it at times. I did think sooner or later, it just takes one misplaced pass or heavy touch and with Fulham's pace they would be straight on it.

Stearman started very well for us and looked strong at the back. For me he should come in for Wright who did look a bit out of his depth for the first time last night.
Maybe just an off night but nothing wrong with shaking things up to drive that competition for places.

Let’s be brutal as football is brutal after tonight’s performance he should be well and truly dropped, diabolical back pass and he nearly repeated it later on

I agree he’s due a bad game after being an integral part of a winnng formula, that back pass though !

Let’s be brutal as football is brutal after tonight’s performance he should be well and truly dropped, diabolical back pass and he nearly repeated it later on

Do we drop Stevens too then for the same back pass? Or do we ignore it because it wasn't punished?

I think Wilder will show belief in him and start him on Saturday too.

He had a bad game ,
and no Basham let there man go for the third ,
But fuck it he'll know he had a bad game ,
As will the other players who weren't on it last night ,
If he doesn't learn from it then that would be the problem ,
Sir Chris will know what to say and do ,
To get there heads up ,
I'm sure the standing ovation at the end will tell the players all they need to know ,
We will support you win , lose or draw ,
All we ask is put in a shift , like we all have to in our working lives ,
That's all we ask .

Makes the odd mistake but i certainly think hes a much better option than EEL from last season!

Trig Jnr (TY) missed their equaliser (checking other scores on his phone) and I described his mistake as an Ethanesque lapse :) Wouldn't swop them though.

Basham was adamant that CCV was at fault for the 3rd but I didn't get a good look at it, just saw the lad stood in the middle of our goal with an open net. Anyone got a good analysis of Fulham's third?

Not an analysis as such but an observation that just before the third goal we'd been under a bit of pressure for a minute or so and one of their players overhit a cross which was going out for a throw-in. This seemed a good release of the pressure but for some reason JOC chased it down and hoofed it downfield. Not sure if he thought it had taken a deflection or what but it seemed very un-necessary and gave the ball straight back to them. About ten seconds later they'd scored.

Seemed to be a few strange decisions made last night - not knocking them at all, just seemed we made some daft errors.

Back
Top Bottom