Player Suggestion Alan Browne

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
With the speculation around Fleck leaving, think this lad would be a decent replacement. 23 year old CM at Preston, 10 goals & 4 assists already this season.

With the speculation around Fleck leaving, think this lad would be a decent replacement. 23 year old CM at Preston, 10 goals & 4 assists already this season.
Why would we be able to buy him for less than Fleck would go for?

Would be a good player to bring in, irrespective of Fleck. We’re short on quality to come in for any injuries/suspensions in the middle.

But less than we sold Evans and Leonard combined?
OK. Point is selling a player for one amount doesn’t mean the replacement has to be bought for less.
Because we don't have any money
We might do, might not.
I think Wilders always made value for money signings and is unwilling to have his pants pulled down just to get the target he wants, ie £6m or whatever was quoted for Waghorn. I don’t think the fact we’ve not spend a shed load means it’s not there to spend, if Wilder thinks someone is worth the money I’m sure he’d spend it, such as with Egan.

OK. Point is selling a player for one amount doesn’t mean the replacement has to be bought for less.

We might do, might not.
I think Wilders always made value for money signings and is unwilling to have his pants pulled down just to get the target he wants, ie £6m or whatever was quoted for Waghorn. I don’t think the fact we’ve not spend a shed load means it’s not there to spend, if Wilder thinks someone is worth the money I’m sure he’d spend it, such as with Egan.
Not doubting Wilder, his record is good. Am saying we haven't got any money

Not doubting Wilder, his record is good. Am saying we haven't got any money
Fair enough, I just happen to think that money might actually be there to spend, but just hasn’t been spent up to now due to Wilder not thinking there’s been a player around that’s been worth the investment.

Wilder made it clear in the summer he wanted another striker, knowing that I don’t for one second think he’d then blow the whole budget on a CB. I think he kept some back in case the right player became available at the right price, and while some might be paying Madines or Dowells wages, I still think there’s got to be something left in the budget should the right opportunity come up.

Fair enough, I just happen to think that money might actually be there to spend, but just hasn’t been spent up to now due to Wilder not thinking there’s been a player around that’s been worth the investment.

Wilder made it clear in the summer he wanted another striker, knowing that I don’t for one second think he’d then blow the whole budget on a CB. I think he kept some back in case the right player became available at the right price, and while some might be paying Madines or Dowells wages, I still think there’s got to be something left in the budget should the right opportunity come up.
I doubt it but it'd be better if you were right

He might well be a decent replacement IF Fleck should leave, but what makes you think Preston want him to leave? :rolleyes:
Wouldnt matter what Preston want. We all know when a bigger club comes calling you can't hold onto a player don't we ? Surely nobody doubts we are bigger than Preston ?

Anyway I think Wilder will have a replacement lined up if Fleck goes....who it is I've no idea but his record on signing central midfielders is exemplary.

Did you not hear what wilder said ?

Possibly not, what was it?

Either way it still doesn't disprove the fact that we have actually signed players whilst the Prince and McCabe are 'squabbling', like you said we wouldn't do.

Possibly not, what was it?

Either way it still doesn't disprove the fact that we have actually signed players whilst the Prince and McCabe are 'squabbling', like you said we wouldn't do.
We’re only signing loans until we know who’s actually owns the club in the summer

No but he’s definitley said in interviews at the start of jan.

Strange that you're the only person to mention it.

I heard him say that we'd only be signing loans but I didn't hear him say it was anything to do with the ownership issue.

Strange that you're the only person to mention it.

I heard him say that we'd only be signing loans but I didn't hear him say it was anything to do with the ownership issue.

I thought it was common knowledge ?

I thought it was common knowledge ?

I've not seen anyone else talking about it.

As I say, I've heard a similar interview to the one you're talking about but in the one I heard not even Wilder himself mentioned it.

We're only signing loans because we can't afford to sign permanents of the quality we need, not because of the owners.

Well I suppose it is because of the owners but not because the owners are fighting, just because they're skint.

Also sign loans now and cut our cloth later, according to which league we find ourselves in next season.

I've not seen anyone else talking about it.

As I say, I've heard a similar interview to the one you're talking about but in the one I heard not even Wilder himself mentioned it.

To be fair though …… Tufty's not likely to say " we can't sign anyone permanently because those two pansies are still slugging it out with their handbags in Court" :rolleyes:;)

I suppose he's got to flower it up a bit and be a bit more tactful, 'cos one of them will win …… presumably ….

UTB & FTP

Back
Top Bottom