Player Suggestion Emil Hansson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFCinks

Reaction score
So in desperate for a creative signing that I've had a little browse this morning.

From the dutch 2nd division (just promoted to the Eredivisie) with Heracles Almelo. 18 assists (2nd in league) and 16 goals (3rd in league) last season. Former Norway and Sweden youth International. Can play as AM (Ndiaye replacement) or winger (not for us). transfermarket value him at 1.5 mill euro. I recon 3-4 mill could get him.

I've never seen him play before in my life and I don't watch the dutch 2nd division so please don't shoot me down. Looks decent though.

So in desperate for a creative signing that I've had a little browse this morning.

From the dutch 2nd division (just promoted to the Eredivisie) with Heracles Almelo. 18 assists (2nd in league) and 16 goals (3rd in league) last season. Former Norway and Sweden youth International. Can play as AM (Ndiaye replacement) or winger (not for us). transfermarket value him at 1.5 mill euro. I recon 3-4 mill could get him.

I've never seen him play before in my life and I don't watch the dutch 2nd division so please don't shoot me down. Looks decent though.

He’d seem to fit our profile in terms of what we’ve target this summer with our foreign signings good shout.

I think the next 3/4 signings will be experienced pros. We probably have all the youngsters we need for development.

I think the next 3/4 signings will be experienced pros. We probably have all the youngsters we need for development.
he's 25 but not played in any top divisions.

We do need to replace Ndiaye and I don't think we are going to do that with an experienced pro because they will cost north of 15/20mill + for an AM. I think he will be replaced with someone cheap with high resale and lots of potential. Something that Hecky and the Prince have both confirmed in interviews. Unless you are thinking of free agents? Not sure if there are any decent ones knocking about though...?

I think we need experienced pros in the team but maybe not the AM positions due to what we can afford.

he's 25 but not played in any top divisions.

That's part of the problem with this sort of signing - I get where you're coming from with this one (and it's certainly the sort of signing we should be looking to make), but a large part of the equity you get from a speculative signing like this is that you hit, he develops rapidly, and you sell for an enormous profit. How does that happen if he's 25 already? While he may not depreciate in value, if by the time we get to a selling window he's already 27-28, then who exactly is the market for him? If he was 21 and we ended up selling him at the age he is now, the buying club has a much larger period of time before the player starts to drop off a cliff in terms of quality

That's part of the problem with this sort of signing - I get where you're coming from with this one (and it's certainly the sort of signing we should be looking to make), but a large part of the equity you get from a speculative signing like this is that you hit, he develops rapidly, and you sell for an enormous profit. How does that happen if he's 25 already? While he may not depreciate in value, if by the time we get to a selling window he's already 27-28, then who exactly is the market for him? If he was 21 and we ended up selling him at the age he is now, the buying club has a much larger period of time before the player starts to drop off a cliff in terms of quality
Yeh good point. I suppose the risk at this cost is much less compared to an Akpom whos already 28, a 1 season wonder, and likely double the price (or more).

A year younger than ilias chair, much better record last season albeit in a weaker league. Likely to be stronger than swedish top flight though (traore). If we are looking at AMs that age and quality i think this lad has the same level of risk with the added benefit of being much cheaper.

Also to caveat i have no idea how much he could cost or actually how good he is. So most my messages are hypothetical.

Looks good value. Our scouting team are probably keeping a close eye on the teams who fallout of CL qualification. The likes of
Zagreb, AEK, Servette or Sturm Graz all top teams in their leagues but are likely to be eliminated and so need to recoup their losses buy selling their assets - similar to Slim and Brondby.

He grew up in Bergen, but left Brann aged 17. It's taken him a few years, and a couple of moves, to get his career going, but his stats are being noticed now. Difficult to say how he'd do at a better level though.

Seen him quite a bit. Not good enough although I would love another Swede together with AA
Why not good enough? I can only go off youtube and stats but they both look promising. 35 goal contributions last season!

Someone whos better at reading stats might be able to comment if they are infact good though.

Dribbling success rate i thought would be better.

Be interesting to see how he performs in the eredivisie though.

Looks to athletic prerequisites about him to play over here - I.e not slow, weedy or a midget.

SUFCinks

23/24 - Eredivisie stats
7th in attempted take ons, about 30th in successful ones
11th in touches in the attacking 3rd, 12th in touches in oppo penalty area
1st in progressive carries (a stat United are the worst in Europe tip divisions at by a big margin)
20th for total shot creating actions, about 3.3 per 90 which is higher than any United player (Ndiaye and McAtee were at 3.42-3.45 last season)

It's a good profile but I'd guess, at 25 he'll be outside United's age profile for developmental players

If we could get him for around £3m I think it'd be a good gamble

Given our lack of defenders I think we'd be better off with Alan Hansen right now.

Back
Top Bottom