Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Sothall_Blade

CONFIRMED Points deduction to start next season

We gained an unfair on-field advantage by signing and playing players we couldn’t afford to pay for. We broke the rules and deserve a footballing (points deduction) sanction unfortunately. Same as Everton and Forest do, despite what their fans say. Burnley had an embargo because they had a...
  2. Sothall_Blade

Sunderland confirmed as 2nd lowest points in Premier League history

When you take the new injury time rules into account, we are playing the equivalent of a 42+ game season like Swindon did
  3. Sothall_Blade

Team vs Wolves

Grbic Curtis Anel Souza Robinson Osborn Davies Arblaster Brooks McAtee Archer
  4. Sothall_Blade

Panicking Blades Sprint Challenge

Larouchi didn’t start sprinting at the same time as Patterson did. If he had done he would have kept pace with him and probably been able to stop the cross.
  5. Sothall_Blade

Trusty song

A little bit of Trusty in my life A little bit of Egan by his side A little bit of Hamer’s all we need A little bit of Souza’s what I see A little bit of Archer in the sun A little bit of Anel all night long A little bit of Baldock here I am A little Mcatee makes me a fan
  6. Sothall_Blade

Roy's View From... Troyes Fans Views On Yasser Larouci

You can’t Gnocchi this signing. He sounds like just what we’ve been Wonton.
  7. Sothall_Blade

Best Runners Up in “Championship” history based on points total?

We’re the fourth best runners up finishing on 91 points. WBA had 91 and a better goal difference in 2009-2010
  8. Sothall_Blade

Hecky - Stick or Twist ???

We need to name a squad of 25 Senior players. Sign 6 permanent and 2 loanees who are good enough to be first choices. Keep or resign the best 17 players who are already on the books. Some of those will become squad players. A few won’t make the cut.
  9. Sothall_Blade

Also, 94 points if we reach it would be equal or better than 13 of the 18 Champions
  10. Sothall_Blade

It’s us if we win our last two matches and reach 94 points. Burnley (2013/14) and Brighton (2016/17) both finished on 93 points. I’m not show how we would compare with previous second tier teams pre the 2004 rebranding. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EFL_Championship?wprov=sfti1
  11. Sothall_Blade

John Egan - Man of Steel

2022-23 version:- “We are Sheff United, They call us the Blades, Billy and Ndiaye. They’re legends at the Lane, JLT and Anel, Overlapping down the wings, Macca, Berge and Doyle, With his f*cking ping, Allez, Allez, Allez, (x4), Hecky is our gaffer, He leads us all the way, Playing proper...
  12. Sothall_Blade

Daily Mirror article

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mancity-sheffutd-facup-semifinal-haaland-29762043
  13. Sothall_Blade

Formation v Citehhhh

City have the away leg at Bayern Munich and the potential title decider with Arsenal either side of our game with them. It seems highly likely they will take the opportunity to rest a few of their key players against us. We should play our usual formation and our strongest available team. It’s...
  14. Sothall_Blade

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Wrexham

I’m going to attack Kamchatka with three dice
  15. Sothall_Blade

United and Hull kit clash

Their second kit is white. Their third kit is black. They should have been told to wear black shirts and white shirts and socks
  16. Sothall_Blade

Roy's View From... View From Hull

No mention of scarves or sweet shop shenanigans. Disappointing
  17. Sothall_Blade

Millwall 0 United 2 - report

You mean you taught it was Egan talking? ;)
  18. Sothall_Blade

John Egan - Man of Steel

https://www.the42.ie/john-egan-sheffield-united-5899495-Oct2022/
  19. Sothall_Blade

Arsenal v Blades - 24 Aug 1971

Apart from 1898 you mean? 😉 It’s an interesting question and I understand older Blades nostalgia for 1971. But even then being told the scores or seeing it come up on the teleprinter surely can’t compete with watching us take on and compete with the nation’s/world’s best live on Sky with...
  20. Sothall_Blade

Arsenal v Blades - 24 Aug 1971

https://blog.woolwicharsenal.co.uk/archives/24992
  21. Sothall_Blade

Billy Sharp Ankle ligament injury

Time to cash in on Jebbison maybe? If we can encourage bids from the likes of Everton that would fund the signing of a more experienced proven striker. We can always include a few add-ons in case Jebbo turns out to be a world beater. But it’s a pivotal season for us and at the moment we need a...
  22. Sothall_Blade

Team for next season

I’ve assumed everyone (except JOC) is fully fit. Basham is cover for both RCB and RWB. RND is cover for both LCB and LWB. Allows for more attacking options on the bench.
  23. Sothall_Blade

Team for next season

Current players only:- Foderingham Ahmedhodzic Egan Clark Bogle Berge Norwood Doyle Lowe Sharp Ndiaye Subs:- Davies, Basham, RND, Osborn, Fleck, Brewster, Osalu
  24. Sothall_Blade

Uefa Women's Euro 2022 at Bramall Lane

Ellen White not Beth Mead Beth Mead is one goal behind David Platt though
  25. Sothall_Blade

When I went into town at about 1 PM yesterday, the Swedish fans had already set up camp in The Frog and Parrrot on Division Street. Large groups of Dutch fans had decked out The Forrm with their flags and posters. I’d be interested to know whether it was the fans themselves who chose to take...
  26. Sothall_Blade

I don’t think they are showing the match. It seems to be more of a pre-match “party” thing
  27. Sothall_Blade

The only thing that annoys me about Women’s football is when you see “click bait” headlines saying things like “Blades sign new striker “. You excitedly click on it, only to find it’s our Women’s team who’ve signed someone. But that’s the fault of the headline writers, not the Women’s game.
  28. Sothall_Blade

Live on BBC1 from 19:30. Has a match from Bramall Lane ever been shown live on prime time BBC1 before? Highest ever viewing figures for a match from Bramall Lane?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom