John Egan - Man of Steel

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Disagree CB. He's been rightly picked out at times, just like everyone else. His attacking headers are poor(Not for ROI) and has a mistake in him.

That said I still think he's a top championship defender at the very best.
Ridiculous! Championship players don’t tend to captain their country and put Mbappe in their pocket.
The blokes immense.
We all make mistakes ffs.
BLADES LEGEND and best 4 million quid we’ve ever spent.

I love John Egan, he's been a constant presence during my happiest times supporting United, and has been the driving force behind much of it. He's turned out more times than anybody this past few seasons and has been solid and dependable a lot more times than not. He's still the best defensive header of the ball I've ever seen.

I've been critical the past couple of games because he's been way off the boil, although I'm willing to cut him some slack as everybody around him has been dropping like flies, which makes it hard to adapt. I just hope he gets back to his best very soon.
And not a bad singer at a promotion ‘do’

Anyone else notice he still has that Gaelic football punt when he kicks the ball on a half volley. Not seen another footballer do the likes of that

A leader at club and international level great servant

I think he is the most underrated player. The backbone of our team for the last 4 years has been our defence and he has been the one ever present. Whenever I see the match reviews for a 1-0 win, where we have defended the lead for long periods, he always seems to get a 6 or 7, while our forwards get the highest ratings, or he is never in contention for player of the year.

I love John Egan, and massively value what he's done for us. There are two things to his game that he can still improve on:

1. Heading from corners.
2. Leading on the pitch in terms of being vocal and bossing the defence.

If he addresses those, he has another four very good years in him at all levels of football.
He should get at least 5 goals from corners per season

Ndiayewillalwaysloveyou said: Disagree CB. He's been rightly picked out at times, just like everyone else. His attacking headers are poor(Not for ROI) and has a mistake in him.

That said I still think he's a top championship defender at the very best.

Do you think he would get a game with Tottenham ??

Our John spoke to Sky yesterday. He puts it beautifully:

The Irishman spoke to Sky Sports on the pitch after reaching the top flight for a second time in four years, and paid tribute to his team's experience in making sure they secured promotion at the first time of asking.

"We trust ourselves in one-off games. First half was a bit edgy, but in the second half, our experience and quality showed. It's memories for life with this bunch of lads," he said.

"[Promotion] felt so nice, we had to do it twice! It's unbelievable, we're brothers out there and in 20 years we'll all be looking back at what we've done."

Goalscorer Sander Berge was left delighted to seal a Premier League spot in front of the Sheffield United home support, who missed more than half of their last spell in the top division during the Covid pandemic.

"We've worked so hard for this all year and to do it at home in front of our own crowd, is so special," he said. "It was huge by Iliman [Ndiaye] to deliver a great ball with his calmness, and the second one was just as important.

"We want to give back to the club and fans, I came here when we were in the Premier League and now we're back where we need to be.

"There's a lot of players who are good at partying - maybe even better than on the pitch! But I think we're going to town."

To be hoped he's been hard at work on a follow up track to his last promotion song!!!!!

2022-23 version:-

“We are Sheff United, They call us the Blades, Billy and Ndiaye. They’re legends at the Lane, JLT and Anel, Overlapping down the wings, Macca, Berge and Doyle, With his f*cking ping, Allez, Allez, Allez, (x4),

Hecky is our gaffer, He leads us all the way, Playing proper football, The Sheffield United way, Allez, Allez, Allez, (x4), Baldock and McBurnie. They called them journey men. Now we’re going on a journey, To the f*cking prem, Allez Allez Allez (x4)…”

Back
Top Bottom