Player contracts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We didn’t have the fee to get Doyle. It would have been £15-20m to do that deal and we don’t have it. Doyle and Arblaster would have been a great future pairing though.
A fee was agreed for Doyle and he wanted to come it was the relegation clause that put and end to it 40% wage cut and reduced add ins which took it close to 50%

A fee was agreed for Doyle and he wanted to come it was the relegation clause that put and end to it 40% wage cut and reduced add ins which took it close to 50%
Was it? If you’re saying it was then that’s good enough for me but I thought the contract couldn't be agreed which is why it didn’t proceed to agreeing a fee. At which point City touted him out and did the dodgy deal with Wolves.

What was the fee out of interest?

Was it? If you’re saying it was then that’s good enough for me but I thought the contract couldn't be agreed which is why it didn’t proceed to agreeing a fee. At which point City touted him out and did the dodgy deal with Wolves.

What was the fee out of interest?
The clubs agreed on a fee the issue was the contract offered to the payer and the clauses within. It was the clause

Great news. Saw lots of twitter rumours about this.

But good to have him next season.

Now we have Wilder in, I hope he can get him to agree a longer term deal and not let players into the last 12 months like we have done this time round.
Yet in another thread you have said we only have two good players, so why would you welcome this?

Great news. Saw lots of twitter rumours about this.

But good to have him next season.

Now we have Wilder in, I hope he can get him to agree a longer term deal and not let players into the last 12 months like we have done this time round.
Abdullah says players must not be offered a new contract until 4 weeks before their contract ends. He says this makes them keener to sign. I think he's talking garbage as usual. He did this to his French club & all the players stuck 2 fingers up to him & walked. Which is when the French equivalent of the FA threw the team into non league. He also lumbered this club , which had no debts when he bought it , with SUFCs money , with massive debts which didn't help the club. The French FA forced him to sell to a decent person & once the sale ,when they approved the buyer , had gone through the club was restored to the Pro league. They had no problem with the club , their disgust was sticky fingers having his hand in the till.

Abdullah says players must not be offered a new contract until 4 weeks before their contract ends. He says this makes them keener to sign. I think he's talking garbage as usual. He did this to his French club & all the players stuck 2 fingers up to him & walked. Which is when the French equivalent of the FA threw the team into non league. He also lumbered this club , which had no debts when he bought it , with SUFCs money , with massive debts which didn't help the club. The French FA forced him to sell to a decent person & once the sale ,when they approved the buyer , had gone through the club was restored to the Pro league. They had no problem with the club , their disgust was sticky fingers having his hand in the till.
I assume you are speaking about the DNCG.

Their involvement had nothing to do with contracts being offered or not offered.

They are effectively the one who oversees the accounts of French football teams.

If they overspend or they submit budgets that do not look sustainable that is when they intervene.

When you are relegated from Ligue Deux, they give you one year or two to retain your pro status. Most teams would hope to bounce back in that timeframe. From then on, you have to apply yearly to extend.

In the case of Châteauroux they were given a budget that was high when he first arrived, thinking they were “the PSG of National”. They underachieved and ended up with a wage bill that was too high.

They did not originally pass when they submitted their budget for the following year and were effectively demoted but were allowed to appeal and come back with revised figures.

They spoke to the local authorities in Châteauroux who agreed to let them rent the stadium at a peppercorn rental figure, they made a number of redundancies and submitted new figures that the DNGC accepted and then restored them to National.

They’ve flirted with relegation this season given 6 go down as part of an ongoing restructuring of French football. With 2 games left they are one place above the drop zone but 4 points clear. Their last game is against the bottom placed team at home so they have every chance of survival.

But that’s the history of it. I was following it closely at the time as I was chatting on their message board and there was a lot of concern. The Prince has since sold them to a local business man.

Back
Top Bottom